What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

did anyone watch the match?

Kornstar

Coach
No he doesn't, he can be a great footballer and i will be happy. I was just saying that i hope it drives him, nothing else.

We know he has the potential, if he lives up to that, great, if he is becomes an Orford (can you believe manly paid $450,000 a season for a halfback who has yet to play Origin, or prove himself in finals?) i will be just as happy.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Kornstar said:
All i can hope is that Timmy learns something about Johns as a person and this makes him more determined to be a better footballer and erase Johns' name from the record books.......
Honestly, I don't think Johns' name will ever be erased from the record books, no matter how much u want it to be. Tim will definitely learn from playing against Joey as I said earlier and after watching him play this year, provided Tim keeps his feet on the ground, he is going to be a very,very good footballer, maybe even great, time will tell. I don't very often like opposing players, ;-) but Tim Smith is one of the exceptions to this rule, I like the kid as a player, and dont forget he is only 20. He can only get better.

Mr Saab

Referee
PIG said:
I can't believe you pussys bitching about what Joey said to Tim Smith...for farks sake it's a mans game.

i agree. Rugby league is sometimes more a mental game than physical.
Johns made a comment...so what? Tim will learn from it.
If a player can get an edge he will.
You dont think Craig Coleman (great sledger) gave it to Langer in 1988?
You dont think Ricky Stuart gave it to Johns back in 1994/5?
You dont think Raudonikis gave it to Mortimer in the 70s or sterling in the early 80s?

Some fans are way toooooooooo precious.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Charlie, I don't agree with you on many things, as u know. However, I totally agree with u on this one. On the flip side of that, I can see why the fans aren't exactly happy about it either.

Mr Saab

Referee
The fans that are unhappy should wake up and smell the roses and realise this is league...not hopscotch

fish eel

Immortal
Tim will get over it.
I'm sure in 10 years time he'll be saying to a young newcatsle halfback sdo your the next andrew johns!

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Johns had has some shockers over the years as well

its all part of the learning curve

eelandia

Juniors
Kornstar said:
On thinking more about what Johns said to Timmy, although it obviously worked, it was a pretty low thing to say that to a young kid, i hope when his kid grows up and had pressure on him that someone does the exact same thing and let Johns see how it feels when his kid fails.........

I hope Timmy loses all respect for Johns now!!!

you are kidding aren't you...?? Bring on the ballet slippers for Kornstar.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Charlie Saab said:
i agree. Rugby league is sometimes more a mental game than physical.
Johns made a comment...so what? Tim will learn from it.
If a player can get an edge he will.
You dont think Craig Coleman (great sledger) gave it to Langer in 1988?
You dont think Ricky Stuart gave it to Johns back in 1994/5?
You dont think Raudonikis gave it to Mortimer in the 70s or sterling in the early 80s?

Some fans are way toooooooooo precious.

I'm sure Joey copped his fare share from Stuart and Freeman.

Mr Saab

Referee
whizz and stuart were great sledgers and yes they would have given it to Johns in 1994/5.
ITs all a cycle.
When/IF Smith is around in 2012 i am sure he will give it to some 19yr old halfback who is the talk of the town.
Terry Hill is a sledger of some note and he used his "skill" to get Quinn sent to the sin bin some weeks back at Brookvale. Hill used his skill for the betterment of his team....just like Johns did for his team.
The best i heard from Johns was 2002 origin when he said to Buttigig "Run at me ya big fat cheesecake"

Phillips

Referee
Charlie Saab said:
The best i heard from Johns was 2002 origin when he said to Buttigig "Run at me ya big fat cheesecake"

:lol: if i was Buttigig i would have waited for him in the carpark.

Utey

Coach
Johnsy could even beat on Goddard, and he started with Buttgieg. Maybe he doesnt like Maltesers.

I was at the game. Yes the ref was Sh** but it was even parramatta that wasnt performing. There forwards werent running the ball up they were all tired we needed someone like eric grothe with some dummy half runs and we needed morrison and vella . The thing that hurt parramatta the most was the forwards not moving up like they used to do.

Latest posts