What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Did Elliott have a parting shot at supporters ?

Bay56

First Grade
At the post match function last might Ellliott addressed the crowd during the MOM awards.

He had a little shot at supporters who were not supportive of his coaching ... "you know who you are" he said, looking particularly towards the Army where I was also standing. He said this twice with a grin on his face.

I was about to shout out "Belconnen Way, turn left at Northbourne Ave" but thought better of it.

Cya lata Matty ... I suppose you're entitled to a jab after all the criticism I've given you ... or have you already via this forum :lol:

SOULS 04

Juniors
yeh he did but fair enough too.

i believe he has done a pretty damn good job with us at times. this year has been good as we return to the semis but i do believe its time for another direction.

he may have taken a parting shot but he did do it with alot of tact. It was something along the lines of.

"i have been critisised at times but i know it was out of your love for the club"

ahh well good on him and good luck at penrith although damn i hope we beat them next year.

Bay56

First Grade
aussies1st said:
Looks like hes been reading what we've been saying :p

they all do ..

Lets face it if the club wants to gauge the feelings of its supporters there is no better place to go than forums such as this.

I make no apologies for my criticism of both coach and management ... I want the best for my team, second best is just not good enough.

All on this forum must admit that we have not travelled too well while Elliott has been at the helm ... for whatever reason, we will all have an opinion.

It is criticism that should inspire all in the club to do better ... that goes for management, coach, players and supporters.

Whatever depths this club falls to I and my family will always be there to support them on match day ... and I reckon everyone else on this forum would do same.

greeneyed

First Grade
I think he was looking at Woodgers actually... Woodgers reckoned later he was jumping up and down shouting "me"! :lol:

To be fair to Elliott, he said that he appreciated that criticism came from some fans as they are so passionate about the club. Also, Elliott didn't have to read the forums to know his critics... he just had to read the front page of the CT earlier this year. :)

Anyway, if Elliott wins us the premiership this year, it'll have been worth it... but either way, I'm happy to wish him well with Penrith.

aussies1st

Staff member
Oh hell no, we can't have another year of Zillman in PL, random nuffies in the backs and Withers with the 7 on his back. Hes done well with our team but it was his time to leave.

Bay56

First Grade
aussies1st said:
Oh hell no, we can't have another year of Zillman in PL, random nuffies in the backs and Withers with the 7 on his back. Hes done well with our team but it was his time to leave.

I was about to post somthing similar.

How about Zillman replaces Withers against the Storm and I think we have introduced an Inglis into the equation ... the fact is Bellamy doesnt care about age, he decides on abilities.

But yea, lets have another season of slow and stalled progress ... Elliott style.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
canberra_raiders2k2 said:
i really wanted elliot here next season..the team has really evolved, i guess its his decision though.

I also would've liked it if Elliott stuck around. I don't think he would've kept Zillman in PL next year.

Bay56

First Grade
Walt Flanigan said:
I also would've liked it if Elliott stuck around. I don't think he would've kept Zillman in PL next year.

Walt ... beginning of the season and Elliott is quoted as saying that Zillman is a remarkable player and will see more FG this year ... yea I suppose he was right, we got to see about 20 mins more.

FFS man, Elliott has hampered the growth of our juniors since day one ... he has always introduced a Drew or a Smith rather than have faith in his youngsters. Carney forced his way in due only to the fact that Smith and others were injured. Otherwise he'd still be coming off the bench.

aussies1st

Staff member
The only chance Zillman would have had with starting next season was fullback but Schif would still be here so I believe Zillman would have been in PL with Dunemann at halfback or 5/8.

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
so bay what would you do?

blood the juniors at the same time?

when carney made his debut you could see potential but he really hasnt been that great untill midway through this season..

now imagine a team with 5 players in that situation on the field at the same time..we would be belted.

Bay56

First Grade
canberra_raiders2k2 said:
so bay what would you do?

blood the juniors at the same time?

when carney made his debut you could see potential but he really hasnt been that great untill midway through this season..

now imagine a team with 5 players in that situation on the field at the same time..we would be belted.

We were belted without them mate ... remember game 2 and 3 of the season ... and how about a little game against Souths that we should have won ... I can tell you now that Zillman would have ripped them apart.

There are certain players that just ooze talent ... Zillman is one of those as is Inglis.

Convince me that Withers has set the world on fire this season ... we would not have done any worse by having him playing in PL and Zillman taking his place. We would have gained a youngster with experience and confidence for 2007.

aussies1st

Staff member
If we had Inglis at our club, he'd be playing PL showing his class just like Zillman is.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
aussies1st said:
The only chance Zillman would have had with starting next season was fullback but Schif would still be here so I believe Zillman would have been in PL with Dunemann at halfback or 5/8.

That's a good point, I forgot Schif would have to stay. Seeing as though Zillman got a few runs in first grade at the begining of this season I wouldn't see him being left out of first grade next year. Especially considering his form.

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
zilly played vs the knights, and we got belted.

Im not saying zilly is a dud, far from it..every game he does something that leaves me thinking "WTF..how on earth".

as for the withers thing, i agree..he has been good for a few games but for the most part he has been a let down.