What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dirtiest players in the NRL

Kaz

junior
Matt23 said:
What has Johns ever done?

How about when he elbowed players while they were on the ground.

Oh sorry he was just frustrated at the time. :?

Nook

Bench
And I suppose no one else has ever done that?

The only reason Joey's occasional indescretions are an issue is because he is so good. If it was anyone else, it wouldn't be an issue. Most players get frustrated now and then, and many lash out occassionally. He is no exception, but is far from being the worst offender. Anyone who suggests otherwise has a petty dislike for a player who is the best of his generation. He is better than you, and your team. Get over it.

Tommy Smith

Referee
aqua_duck said:
Morley and Crocker stand out to me, Hodges is also pretty borderline at times, surprised no one has mentioned Tallis I mean don't get me wrong he plays with alot of passion but sometimes he gets carried away, Rodney Howe is another and also Chris Beattie.
Hodges is a sledger, but he doesn't come across as a dirty player to me. Maybe thats because im a Roosters fan, but he has never been suspended before i know that much.

And Morley and Crocker are two of the toughest players in the comp, not dirtiest. They both sail close to the wind but never have the intention to play dirty. I would consider someone who deals in headslams, chokes, etc a much more dirty player than someone who occasionly hits someone alittle high.

Btw, the two dirtiest players IMO are Ben Cross who from what ive seen is a natural born thug, and Josh Perry....eye gouging, biting...what more can noe man do to qualify as a thug?

nqboy

First Grade
Phil Bailey. You cockies used to hate Michael Hancock for his resentment of being tackled, take a look at this clown. And he puts the dirt in on every tackle he makes so it's not as if he shouldn't expect a bit back.

Huge ego, runs around like a superstar instead of a very small part of a high quality NSW team that got the better of the good guys last year.

brook

First Grade
Balmain_Boy said:
Senter is a tough as nails, but is not a dirty player in my opinion. Just like woolford. They are nigglers, but imo there's a big difference between dirty and niggling.

Dirty for mine is high shots or fighting - players like Beattie come to mind in that regard.

Calling Luke O the most dirty after one f**k up is ridiculous. At least he showed true remorse unlike other players.

I dunno Luke has developed a very dirty side to his game over the last few years - it certainly isn't just the one incident (for starters he did an almost identical thing to a saints player a couple of years ago that cost him a shot at rookie of the year, he was LUCKY that that one didn't result in the same sort of injuries because it damn well could have)

Still Beattie wins hands down - he's an average player who has gained a reputation as a tough forward through getting away with a string of cheap shots in every game.

Foz

Bench
I think there is 2 categories to this. Morley and Beattie do the odd dirty/tough thing.They dont get away with much at all.(maybe they are under the spotlight.
The second category belongs to the nigglers like Michael Hancock use to be. Resents tackles,holding down in tackles,putting the hands on the ball etc. Ryles is pretty obvious and gets pinned a lot as does Danny Nutley.
Guys like Finch,Crocker,Dykes and Hoppa seem to get away with it more. Might be better at it. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anonymous

Juniors
Morley. "Close to the wind" my arse. If every second tackle you attempt is dubious, of course you're going to be crossing the line a fair amount of the time. And he does.

And Ben Cross is well on the way in just a couple of games, Raiders fans seem to have big raps on him but thus far he's proven himself to be not much more than big, fat, and dirty.

Phillips

Referee
Chris Beattie, Darren Senter, Michael Crocker

i just wish that one day someone will knock Beattie out cold

rat

Juniors
John "i'll eat the peanuts out of your sh*t" Hopoate and anyone from south africa.

Muffdaddy

Juniors
Morley and Crocker definitely. Even though I'm an Easts supporter I can admit that they are pretty dirty.....
Although, let me say I don't think they are 100% dirty, maybe around the 85-90% :D
But every team that wants to be taken seriously needs players like these.
The majority of players mentioned, are/were inspirational for their teams and are faves of their own supporters.
We love Moz and Crock, and I'll tell you right now, if Mozz tackled below the nose every time and Crock didn't annoy the crap out of every other player, we wouldn't have won the comp in '02(seems so long ago) and wouldn't have been anywhere near the GF last year.

I love watching Morley play...he walks a fine line and every now and then goes over it, but every team needs one. Tallis is the same. He plays hard and other teams are aware of him being out there. Wiki is the same.

Dirty players aren't worth the hassle these days and most of the real dirt has gone. Now you have agitators like Woolford, but as far as guys likely to gouge, bite or whatever, they are few and far between...with obvious exceptions

undertaker

Coach
My top 7 in the NRL atm:

Justin Hodges
Steve Matai
Billy Slater
Cameron Smith
Michael Weyman
Sam Thaiday
Timana Tahu