What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dirty Dogs want rule changed to suit themselves.

RenoufPhan

Juniors
That said the kicker should also at least be given an indication of how much time he has left.
I agree.

They could always find a place for a shot clock somewhere on the scoreboard.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Magpie Nick said:
If Schifcofske had to change from a mound of sand to a kicking tee so he didn't get fined, El Masri should be able to walk a little faster...

yep fair call

lotm

Juniors
the initiative, i believe, was detrimental to schifcofske's goal-kicking confidence. as a result, we've been forced to change kickers (and now schif's only kicking because of gafa's calf injury).

let sherwin or anasta take the kick. i hear they're extremely competent goal kickers.

also, it's completely unfeasible for the clock to be stopped immediately after the try is awarded.

But it could be a big conspiracy by the Roosters to throw El Slowpoke off his kicking, noone has thought of that?
sick of playing the victim, yet?

that's quite an inferiority complex you've got there. better get that checked out.

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
It is so typical. Dogs and Raiders fans whinging about kicks being time limited... However, the only reason it is like that is because both these clubs sold out to News Limited and now have to do as Fox says.

STIFF SH!T!!!

Kris_man

Bench
Dogs Of War said:
It'd be a fair fine if the kickers has a shot clock, but without one the kicker has no idea how long he has left to take the kick. I'm sure most kickers would hurry their prepartion if they could see they only had 20 seconds left to kick the goal.
that's exactly what i was going to say - it makes perfect sense. and if u run out of time? then you don't get the kick at goal, simple. short term punishments are much more effective than "down the track" punishments, especially when they're not directly affecting the team.

rossy

Juniors
Clinton was one of the targets behind the new rule and the Raiders have played fair to their detriment and should be commended.

Dogs will be dogs.

ibeme

First Grade
rossy said:
Clinton was one of the targets behind the new rule and the Raiders have played fair to their detriment and should be commended.

Dogs will be dogs.

Bulldogs have paid the price - $10000. Raiders had the same choice.

El Masri has gone over the time limit 5 times out of 134 kicks. That's about 3.5%. $38000 in fines have been handed out in total for going over the limit. Teams will continue to cop the fine, and the Roosters wouldn't act any different.

rossy

Juniors
Teams will continue to cop the fine, and the Roosters wouldn't act any different.
Because we have blokes who can kick a ball towards the posts inside 90 seconds.

I say 90 seconds, a fine and lose the two points for the shot. That'd be fair.

Moffo

Referee
melon.... said:
A classic example of self preservation.

I wonder how many kiddies will jump up and down at this news. I'll be suprised if any as its nothing to do with the Roosters, and we are on a pro Dirty Dogs website:

$74 a kick

By DEAN RITCHIE

September 1, 2004

HAZEM El Masri has been fined a whopping $10,000 this season by the NRL for slow goalkicking – prompting the Bulldogs to call for an overhaul of the controversial 90-second rule.

The Bulldogs' sharpshooter has been nabbed five times – at $2000 each – for exceeding the goalkicking time limit.

That breaks down to a cost of $74 for every one of his 134 shots at goal this season.

NRL chief operating officer Graham Annesley has travelled to Belmore Sports Ground to discuss the situation with El Masri and Bulldogs chief executive Malcolm Noad.

The $10,000 has already been taken out of the Bulldogs' $2.5 million NRL grant.

Nineteen fines have been issued to slow NRL goalkickers, but El Masri is the player easily with the most breach notices.

El Masri has kicked 115 goals from 134 attempts – and now wants the rule changed.

He wants additional time for goalkickers who take conversions from between the sideline and 10 metres in from touch.

Noad wants the 90-second deadline moved back to 100 seconds.

"We have taken it up formally with the NRL," Noad said.

"We have also discussed this with Hazem. When a try is awarded on the other side from Hazem's wing and there's no video referee needed, it can take him 10 to 15 seconds just to get to the ball – and that's before he has started to line up the kick.

"It is better for Hazem when there is a video replay. It gives him time to get to the ball.

"We've sent a letter to Graham Annesley and the NRL has been quite constructive in our talks.

"I think the rule should be changed to 100 seconds. But we are also encouraging Hazem to take his kicks at goal a little bit quicker," Noad added.

Annesley confirmed he had spoken to El Masri about more time for kickers taking shots from wide out.

"I did go out and meet with Hazem," Annesley said. "He felt there should be more time for kicks wider out than those closer to the goalposts.

"We won't be changing the rules mid-season but it is something we will review. Extending the kicking deadline to 100 seconds is an option."

El Masri and his Bulldogs play the Warriors this Sunday in Auckland with the minor premiership still up for grabs depending on how the Sydney Roosters go against Parramatta.

Well, lets just revert back seven days and consider the above title from Melon

Its rather ironic that seven days ago, "Dirty Roosters want rule changed to suit themselves" would've been a more than apt title after their attempts to change the salary cap rules

Well done Melon, great call

atomic_crimson

Juniors
could we expect any less from a rooster supporter...

just like when his team puts 50 on another its all hail the chooks but when the dogs do it... it means "they are peaking too early" or its a soft win!

Hazem isnt whinging he is just bringing up a few issues and is happy to take it on the chin if it doesnt go through.....

so please tell me how is that cheating???? he still kicks he still gets fined.... but the nrl want feedback and they are getting it and who better than the best kicker in the game???

you all sound like a bunch of pathetic idiots who have nothing better to do than call us cheats... SC happened in 02 its over and done with...

call us cheats.... we now have a reduced cap and still in the top 2... jealousy????

i think so...

melon....

Coach
You blokes have lost the plot.......El Masri is kicking at 87% plus.....you take away his 3 minutes to 90 seconds, and he'll probably still kick at over 80%. This post has obviously gone over people's heads. The point was to see what the reaction from Bulldogs fans is when their team makes essentially a laughable suggestion, when they point the finger at Easts when we've made a laughable suggestion, like concessions for living in Bondi.

It seems when the shoe is on the other foot, Dogs fans run to the defense of their heros, and the thought of it being a laughable suggestion never crosses their minds.

It highlights one thing, whether its capo concessions, new falcons from uncle Nick, Pokies for the Penrith players, or a 5 minute shot clock for Hazem, EVERY CLUB WILL DO WHAT EVER IT HAS TO TO BENEFIT THEMSELVES. And the clincher? Setting such precedents will benefit ALL, especially the teams who's supporters are always up in arms about these laughable requests.

black cat

Juniors
everyone knows the rule will probaly get changed to a degree now the news love children have complained,with their head plant noad in control to repay past alliances all will be sweet.

Chook

First Grade
lotm said:
the initiative, i believe, was detrimental to schifcofske's goal-kicking confidence. as a result, we've been forced to change kickers (and now schif's only kicking because of gafa's calf injury).

let sherwin or anasta take the kick. i hear they're extremely competent goal kickers.

also, it's completely unfeasible for the clock to be stopped immediately after the try is awarded.

But it could be a big conspiracy by the Roosters to throw El Slowpoke off his kicking, noone has thought of that?
sick of playing the victim, yet?

that's quite an inferiority complex you've got there. better get that checked out.

Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit. Yet it's still miles above your head!

Chook.

lotm

Juniors
:lol: you idiot. :lol: you really think i didn't realise you were being sarcastic? :lol:

regardless, you were, and are constantly, playing the victim.

you're the one constantly whinging that the roosters and their fans are unfairly targetted, and that whenever someone makes a post with even the slightest semblance of anti-roosters sentiment, they're unfairly criticising your team and are jealous of their success.

Chook

First Grade
lotm said:
:lol: you idiot. :lol: you really think i didn't realise you were being sarcastic? :lol:

you're the one constantly whinging that the roosters and their fans are unfairly targetted, and that whenever someone makes a post with even the slightest semblance of anti-roosters sentiment, they're unfairly criticising your team and are jealous of their success.

Realising sarcasm and getting it are two separate aspects of the humour. That wooshing sound you often hear, that’s you not getting it!

Got it?

Chook.

Dog-E

Juniors
Chook said:
lotm said:

Realising sarcasm and getting it are two separate aspects of the humour. That wooshing sound you often hear, that’s you not getting it!

Got it?

Chook.

WHOOOOOOOOSSSSSSHHHHH!!!

(Thats the sound of the wind whistling in Chook's left ear....and immediately out the right one.... :lol:)

Dog-E

Juniors
Sea_Eagles_Rock said:
It is so typical. Dogs and Raiders fans whinging about kicks being time limited... However, the only reason it is like that is because both these clubs sold out to News Limited and now have to do as Fox says.

STIFF SH!T!!!

Umm..RIIIIGHT - Yes, this is relevant to the theme of the thread!!! :? :lol:

Thanks for dropping by! :p

Dog-E

Juniors
lockyno1 said:
The rule is fine! I mean Fitzgibbon seems to be able to kick it within 70 seconds every time whether it be from in front or touch!

Tell me why ElMasri can't. I'm a goalkicker and I do not take any more than 60 seconds to kick a ball. There should be no change at all. Everyone knew of the rule before the season and he should have adjusted his kicking style.

I was the backup goalkicker for my Union team through High School...And to this day i STILL cannot fathom how it took Brent Webb so damn long to build his cooncentration - and take 3 minutes+ to kickk a damn goal right SMACK in front!!

I mean I know many kickers have their rituals, and successful kicking is all about having good rhythm and being comfortable with what youre doing mentally as well as physically an so on & so forth etc etc...believe me I have played with & against some pretty eccentric kickers...i KNOW!

But you could fair dinkum SPIT them over from where Brent Webb was taking half an aeon to kick them from - Would take me 30seconds MAX - and even tho Brent Webb's cack - its fair to say that as a professional - he's a better kicker than I ever was!!.....But EVERY.....DAMN....TIME - not just once or twice - but every sinlge kick he took! :?

And its THAT kind of blatant timwe wasting - inadvertent or on purpose - the rule was designed to stop!...It just as blatantly hasn't worked - and needs to be revisited.

THAT is the only relevant point here. Not ONCE did the Bulldogs or El Masri ask for our oney back! We broke the (stupid) rule - we paid for it!

And whoever above said to take away the 2pts for exceeding the time clock AND fining the kicker - Are u @&$* Ray Hadley in disguise or WHAT??..Because that is just RIDICULOUS!...Give yourself a deadset uppercut mate!! :lol:

Just - STOP THE DAMN CLOCK!

Simple!! :roll:

Latest posts