What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Discussion re: Parra Future/3P

mickdo

Coach
Maybe Fitzy is not getting the right guidance from the current board. I would hope he got wrapped across the knuckles for saying he couldn't see us surviving more than 5 more year. But did he?

Given that Fitzy has had foot in mouth disease for most of his tenure I'm guessing not

Suitman

Post Whore
Given that Fitzy has had foot in mouth disease for most of his tenure I'm guessing not

That is a very pertinant point at this time.
I ask, which board member would have held him to task over that statement, and if they did, why didn't it become public, to ensure that that wasn't the view of the board?

YES MEN.

Suity

strider

Post Whore
I wish we could...I caught up with Noel Dolton a couple of weeks ago and we talked about those days. They were great times to be a Parra supporter. People were passionate, the game revolved around pride, and not money..Teams played for the fans..not for glory as it is now. Best teams are the ones with the biggest cheque books. Not my idea of sport.
Parra has won four premierships under the Fitzy watch, and another two Grand Finals. A record number of Club Championships..
Do you think he just made up about the guarantee of life after five years? Do you ONLY want to hear things you want to hear? Would you like the fact that the long term future is in doubt hit you suddenly..without warning? Do you really think Bert, Pricey, Guru have the expertise to successfully run a multi million dollar business without any business experience.
How long would Ray Price, Bert Kenny, and Eric Grothe last if they were the only 3 elected on Sunday, with four current members. Could they work with Fitzy without disruptions.
As I sdaid....be careful what you pray for, you just might get it.
There is more to this election than getting rid of Denis Fitzgerald who has provided the Eels with fantastic service both as a player and administrator....If people got their blinkers off they would realise that also...Fitzy is a passionate Eels man...

Actually I DO believe he just made that up (to an extent) ... I believe he only said that as political tool to try and help his cause for trying to get tax relief from teh govt

Bert, Pricey and Guru are NOT the only ppl running for the board .... the board doesn't necessarily need to be entirely comprised of "business go-getters" - I know its a bit different, but I've worked too many places where all they hired were the "go-getter, highly opinionated, fancy resume" types and it generally turns into a sh*tfight cos they were all too similar and thought they were all the one who knew all .... my point is just that you need a mix

hineyrulz

Post Whore
And that says it all to me pete.

Can you imagine the USA without Abraham Lincoln? Yeah, probably.

What about Britain without Thatcher?
Russia without Stalin.
What about Zimbabwe without Mugabe?

FFS pete, times move on.
If you want Parra the way they were, jump into your time machine and go back to the 60's and watch Thornett play again.

Long after you are gone, and long after Fitzgerald is gone, we still want a club to follow. Fitzgerald had stated that he can't guarantee that.
That's not what I want to hear from our CEO.

Suity
Great post Suity. What sort of CEO comes out and tells people don't get to carried away with the club folks because we mighten be around in 5 years time.......

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I have read the whole thread before i decided to post.

I am a lifelong Parra supporter and the Eels mean the world to me. The final straw for me was our CEO who has been around longer than i have been alive telling all us fans Parra mighten be around in 5 years time like WTF???? Who says that about they're own team???? If you are trying to market a product why would you be tearing it down at the same time????

I am not a member and even if i was i couldn't vote anyway but it's been great having the guys from 3P on here and giving us fans the time of day, unlike the present management who by the looks couldn't really care about the fans as long as they still have their cushy jobs.

I just wan't to see some pride back in the club, and some passion. Well thats just my 2 cents worth.

PS good luck 3P boys.

Alan.

Great post Suity. What sort of CEO comes out and tells people don't get to carried away with the club folks because we mighten be around in 5 years time.......
one who seems to think whenever he addresses the media he can just hijack the interview to push his own agenda hopefully if the rebels are successful they will be in a position to tell him to pull his bloody head in when he represents the club

forward pass

Coach
I still haven't been told how a committee tasked with running ONLY our junior competitions can make our first Grade side more succesful?? Am I missing something.

I don't have voting rights anyway, but am just curious about what voters expectations are. The 3P ticket sound very promising, but if elected, how would they attract more sponsors and fill the stadium etc.. if they are only running the junior grades anyway.

Anyone?

eelz47

Coach
I still haven't been told how a committee tasked with running ONLY our junior competitions can make our first Grade side more succesful?? Am I missing something.

I don't have voting rights anyway, but am just curious about what voters expectations are. The 3P ticket sound very promising, but if elected, how would they attract more sponsors and fill the stadium etc.. if they are only running the junior grades anyway.

Anyone?

i thought they said they want to get the nrl team back, and kick on from there

Suitman

Post Whore

Anyone?

The current football club board don't run the NRL side either. But they do also run the Leagues club, that runs the NRL side.
This is but a small step to change FP.

Suity

The Colonel

Immortal

Anyone?

Part of the 3P agenda seems to be getting the NRL side back under the PDRLFC banner again.....

bartman

Immortal
If it's like most Boards I'd imagine the Footy Club is unpaid, with Directors only receiving a smallish payment in kind at the end of each year in honour of the expenses racked up in their duties. This can be a few thousand dollars and is usually known as an honourarium.

Maybe the Chairman receives more, given he has more duties? But generally it would be the employees and management that get paid for all the duties that a Board employs them for.

I'm not sure this info is in the annual report or not, but perhaps someone with greater knowledge of the inner workings can shed light on the exact nature of payments to Directors at Parra?

bartman

Immortal
Just out of interest, do you think the current board members all knew how to run the club when they first ran?
And people might be forgetting, but even Denis was merely an ex-footy player too when he started out in this caper...

I'm more concerned with how either team is going to turn a profit.

Talk about winning Premierships all you want - the $7mil grant to the Eels ended up giving the Leagues Club a $4mil loss.

This cannot keep happening and in this current climate "property development" is not going to be the answer.

If whoever ends up with controls the LC board (and we know that 3P want that) keeps running at a loss because of grants, the 3/4 of LC members that don't care about the Eels aren't gonna sit there and take it forever.

So either the FC board (if it controls the NRL side again) need to start making more money so they ask for less of a grant or the LC needs to make more money so that it can cover future grants without an annual loss. Or a bit of both.

THIS is what needs to be addressed more than anything, in my opinion. With all due respect, cram the Premierships. If we win the next 5 but end up going broke because we don't have a sustainable platform for revenue I'm not gonna be happy. Instead, I'll be happy going back to the early 90s in terms of footy achievements if it means we have a sustainable club.

strider

Post Whore
well tbh i reckon its a bit of a cyclic thing - winning a premiership will help the financial situation and vice versa

I don't see how winning a Premiership will generate $4mil, let alone $7mil.

Also, I see a possible way of cutting back some losses to be spending only the minimum we have to on players, which means less chance of winning a premiership if we're not spending right up to the cap.

There needs to be something else. Talk of pokies from one side and theoretical mystery money from the other just doesn't cut it, does it?

Suitman

Post Whore
I don't see how winning a Premiership will generate $4mil, let alone $7mil.

Also, I see a possible way of cutting back some losses to be spending only the minimum we have to on players, which means less chance of winning a premiership if we're not spending right up to the cap.

There needs to be something else. Talk of pokies from one side and theoretical mystery money from the other just doesn't cut it, does it?

Absolutely.

3P are here answering questions and the current board are telling us nothing.

Neither have given us true answers yet.
I can understand why 3P haven't. I can't undertsand why the current board haven't.

Surely, they must realise they are currently fighting for their lives.

Suity

Latest posts