What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Discussion re: Parra Future/3P

junior009

Juniors
its great to see this interaction

I am eligible to vote, however I live 1,000 ks away and they dont accept proxies

you can imagine how frustrating this is for me

Sure can. I've been eligible to vote for 7 or 8 years but I've never been bothered voting...this will be my first time.

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
its great to see this interaction

I am eligible to vote, however I live 1,000 ks away and they dont accept proxies

you can imagine how frustrating this is for me

Twizz, those of us that have the means and opportunity to vote will do the right thing by those of you that have been denied through this proxy situation.

It's frustrating at the moment, but we WILL see this through!

Mate, while you might not see your posts as 'cover for your mates', the tone of much of your posts certainly suggests so.

A good example is your indifference to the proxy issue.

One thing I will say, is that your defence(whether it be througb defending them or questioning the challengers), isnt a bad thing. You've friendly with people on the board, we all know that - but it's not a bad thing. Loyalty is nothing to be ashamed of.

I just hope you speak more frankly with them privately.....

I wouldn't say I am indifferent. I am greatly disappointed for our members that can not attend, but I don't have the whole story as to why yet. I am waiting to find out more, so I won't form an opinion straight away.

I do have questions on it from both sides. I would see it as being progressive in the face of expanded membership. Trying to re-enfranchise the membership.

I also wonder what happens if we get a repeat of 1999 and a candidate pulls out right before the election. Do those Pre-Polled proxies become invalid as they would only have 6 valid votes?

To my mind far more research and questioning needs to be undertaken before I form an opinion for or against.

There might even be an electronic means to not require proxies. I wonder if an Online stream of the meeting only accessible with a membership number and password, along with a voting system like compushare have could work. You also have to ask if the costs of such would outweigh the benefits.

junior009

Juniors
I also wonder what happens if we get a repeat of 1999 and a candidate pulls out right before the election. Do those Pre-Polled proxies become invalid as they would only have 6 valid votes?

What happens in this instance in the corporate world??
I would imagine that this occurence is not exactly common place but there must be some system or protocol in place.

[/quote]There might even be an electronic means to not require proxies. I wonder if an Online stream of the meeting only accessible with a membership number and password, along with a voting system like compushare have could work. You also have to ask if the costs of such would outweigh the benefits.[/quote]

This is a great idea. Regardless of the proxy situation, cost permitting, we should look to implement it.

strider

Post Whore
You know I often do, and I still can't see it. Sorry mate, care to highlight it.
mate if you are going to so actively and willingly play "devils advocate" all the time (you stated this is what you do) - then you must understand that doing exactly that makes you appear to be taking sides

dazeely

First Grade
OK - Time for a bit of Jess input, although I’m sure it will be lost I’m amongst the arguments over the next few days..

I have the chance to vote this year, my first year with this opportunity, and what a year to begin. The pressure of choosing the best board i think possible for the club that has monopolised SO much of my heart and mind since i was 7 y-o!

I have realised that the only way to save my sanity is to look at it from a perspective i can understand. I’m a Parramatta FAN - i have experience as a fan. I can't take myself seriously when i wade into arguments about player retention and development...on that level, i have no problems with the current guys - they have appointed quality coaches and staff for the last few years, and in recent times (IE: '01 and '05) we went PAINSTAKINGLY close to achieving that title.

All i want from which ever board gets elected on Sunday the 14th is a promise that there will be an effort to make this club the envy of the NRL in terms of fan relations.
Honestly - Parramatta Fans are treated like cash cows, and they are not even milking us correctly.

As a fan, i realise that i can't win the game for them, that comes down to staff and players which has been well discussed here.

But as a fan of this club, we are not given the chance to feel a part of the team. We are totally alienated by the club, hence why this forum is so popular and such a great opportunity for the 3P guys to campaign! It’s pretty much the only place where i can meet other fans (some who are now lifelong friends) and discuss our passion. This thread is the most involved i've felt with the club in years, and the 3P guys in it aren't even a part of the club!! .....yet ;-)

There was a document compiled with help from this forum, submitted to the club in July. It compared the Eels membership and fan relations to the other NRL clubs, and offered up many great ideas for the future. These ideas were all free, and even if they only ran with a few of them, it would be a major improvement than what we’ve been served in the past.

If the current staff and board of this club don’t take the fans seriously, then i am definitely looking to 3P to improve it.

here here Jess. Spot on post.

mickdo

Coach
Just on the proxy thing, literally hundreds if not thousands of companies/organisations have proxy voting in this country, and have for a long time. There is simply NO excuse not to offer proxy voting in this day and age when an organisation has national exposure and has been promoting itself interstate/internationally. The finer details of proxy voting should not be used as some sort of argument against it... the wheel does not need to be reinvented on this. It has been done by others, and can be done by Parramatta.

parra pete

Referee
mate if you are going to so actively and willingly play "devils advocate" all the time (you stated this is what you do) - then you must understand that doing exactly that makes you appear to be taking sides

Whatever you do MITS, don't take sides against the mainstream views..Go with the flow..Be a yes man......

From what I can gather the 3Ps have plenty of rhetoric but not much substance.
I would like to know the answer to this...What has Fitzy done to deserve this huge push to oust him??? Is it because he tells it like it is?

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
Just on the proxy thing, literally hundreds if not thousands of companies/organisations have proxy voting in this country, and have for a long time. There is simply NO excuse not to offer proxy voting in this day and age when an organisation has national exposure and has been promoting itself interstate/internationally. The finer details of proxy voting should not be used as some sort of argument against it... the wheel does not need to be reinvented on this. It has been done by others, and can be done by Parramatta.

exactely the same theory with the fan relations - don't give me excuses on why it can't be done, when we know full well that every other NRL can do it, and do it successfully!!

B-Tron 3000

Juniors
To those that think I am working for "my mates" on the board, running cover, again that is for you. But I do not act as their agent on line, like Parra Futures does here for the 3P ticket.

Maybe not in an official capacity Mark but it certainly appears that way. Might I suggest you go back and read some of your previous post objectively. You might see why so many have formed that opinion.

You know I often do, and I still can't see it. Sorry mate, care to highlight it.

... from page 12:

MarkInTheStands said:
As I have said I will never run for the board, at least not in opposition to this one

You are in support of this board Mark.

At least Parra Future admits his allegiance.

There's nothing wrong with taking sides MITS - there is something wrong with pretending that you are not.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Whatever you do MITS, don't take sides against the mainstream views..Go with the flow..Be a yes man......

I would like to know the answer to this...What has Fitzy done to deserve this huge push to oust him??? Is it because he tells it like it is?

guess what Pete?...there's a board ellection on this sunday and I can guarentee you that by Monday morning, fitzy will arrive at work as he has been doing for the past 30 years...

I wouldn't worry too much about him.

I'm sure him and the club industry board appreciate your setiments.

B-Tron 3000

Juniors
This seems to be a personal bid to oust Fitzy - and he still has his job until he quits or is sacked..and I would like to know on what grounds he can be sacked?

I forgot - anyone earning over $103,400 (I think) has no rights to unfair dismissal claims.

So its easy to sack a CEO.

As I just posted in the Proxy Thread.

http://www.parliament.nsw.gov.au/prod/parlment/hansart.nsf/V3Key/LC19970627052

States, that in 1997 - 1999 there was an amendment to the Registered Clubs act of 1976, which forbid Proxy Voting. This motion was to allow Racing Clubs, who had a previously allowed proxy voting to continue it. (Section 30) after becoming a Registered Club in NSW.

So I looked up the Registered Clubs ACT of 1976 here

RCA-1976 - Section 30 said:
(d) A person shall not:
(i) attend or vote at any meeting of the club or of the governing body or any committee of the club, or​
(ii) vote at any election of, or of a member of, the governing body of the club,​
as the proxy of another person.​

So if any other NRL clubs are doing it in NSW, and they are bound as a registered club under the Registered Clubs Act of 1976, the Proxy voting is illegal?

El Diablo

Post Whore
Souths allowed it http://www.theage.com.au/news/Sport...hands-of-Souths/2006/03/20/1142703245992.html

Piggins vows to wash his hands of Souths

March 20, 2006 - 6:09AM

South Sydney patriarch George Piggins has vowed never to attend another Rabbitohs NRL match after Sunday's historic members vote in favour of the Peter Holmes a Court-Russell Crowe privatisation proposal.

"I'm finished, I'm at the stage of my life where I have other interests, I would rather look after them," Piggins said after the stunning result.

"I'll be watching on TV. You'll never see me at a football game again."

Piggins, a former Souths chairman and coach, had been an outspoken opponent of the buyout bid, along with former Souths Juniors chairman Henry Morris.

Unlike Morris, Piggins declined the opportunity to speak at Sunday's extraordinary general meeting, attended by approximately 1200 members at Telstra Stadium.

He had gone into the meeting confident of a result in his favour, with some reports claiming he had collected almost 900 proxy votes against the proposal.

But upon hearing the verdict, Piggins said he would wash his hands of the club. A 75 per cent majority was needed and the count revealed a majority of 75.8 per cent.

"The football club as it stands now doesn't represent what I represent so I'll move on," Piggins said.

But new owner Crowe said he hoped to change Piggins' mind.

"I think that's really sad," Crowe said, "Over time I will definitely talk to George and I'll encourage him to come along and see South Sydney win."

Outgoing chairman Nick Pappas, who will be replaced Holmes a Court on May 1, said Morris had acknowledged the result without question.

"Henry Morris was the first to come up to me and he said the members have spoken and I accept their decision and we parted on very good terms today," Pappas said.

Holmes a Court said he would be happy to welcome any of the anti-privatisation lobbyists to still be a part of the club.

The millionaire businessman said his only concern was doing what was best for the club and he would not let the emotion of what had been a long and arduous campaign derail him from his task.

"A number of the leading members of the 'no' camp have approached us already to reiterate words they said in the meeting, that they're for South Sydney and now they will come forward with the team." Holmes a Court said.

strider

Post Whore
i think the whole issue of "proxy" and "absentee" voting is being mashed together

my understanding is the term "proxy" means you get someone else to do it on your behalf .... whereas I think what we are really talking about allowing is some form of pre-polling/absentee vote ..... are these different things? In my eyes yes - but hey I'm not a mumbo-jumbo talking lawyer

fish eel

Immortal
As I just posted in the Proxy Thread.

http://www.parliament.nsw.gov.au/prod/parlment/hansart.nsf/V3Key/LC19970627052

States, that in 1997 - 1999 there was an amendment to the Registered Clubs act of 1976, which forbid Proxy Voting. This motion was to allow Racing Clubs, who had a previously allowed proxy voting to continue it. (Section 30) after becoming a Registered Club in NSW.

So I looked up the Registered Clubs ACT of 1976 here

So if any other NRL clubs are doing it in NSW, and they are bound as a registered club under the Registered Clubs Act of 1976, the Proxy voting is illegal?

So the football club is a registered club? Where is their premises where we can go and get cheap drinks, and, most importantly, where are their pokies?

Suitman

Post Whore
With all this talk about voting, I have one question for Parra Future.

Do you know, Colin, who will be doing the counting and scrutinising of Sundays vote?

Regards, Suity

mickdo

Coach
So the football club is a registered club? Where is their premises where we can go and get cheap drinks, and, most importantly, where are their pokies?

No, it's not, and this is just a red herring, as expected.

_goParra

Juniors

Pete.. how about we reverse the question,
what has Fitzy achieved to deserve to hold on to his position?

Latest posts