What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Discussion re: Parra Future/3P

parra pete

Referee
Pete.. how about we reverse the question,
what has Fitzy achieved to deserve to hold on to his position?

Denis has, as far as I can see, carried out the duties to the satisfaction of the Board. A bloke can't be sacked because someone ' doesn't like him'. Not in Australia anyway.
Fitzy speaks his mind, and I for one, am glad the Parramatta Club does not have a sheep for its CEO.
Weak men make strong men stronger.
Give me an example of where Fitzy has not carried out directions of the Board of the Parramatta NRL Club.
If Board is voted out, Fitzy sacked, Anderson fails as a coach.....Who will people on this forum have to blame.
Pricey was a board member and snatched it because he couldn't hack it. Is his motivation to get on the board to see it thrive..or is it to put the knife into Fitzy?
It is all good fun until someone loses an eye.
Imagine a Eels Club without Michael Johnston, Chris Jurd and Fitzy.....bloody hard blokes to replace.
It is easy to say we will fill Parra Stadium..We will win a comp..We will get more sponsors.
More substance please boys...less rhetoric...
Ray Price was a great footballer. Probably the greatest Eel after Ken Thornett. But does that make him a good businessman, or a better administrator?
To quote Paul Kelly..."Be careful what you pray for, you just might get it"..

_goParra

Juniors
Denis has, as far as I can see, carried out the duties to the satisfaction of the Board. A bloke can't be sacked because someone ' doesn't like him'. Not in Australia anyway.
Fitzy speaks his mind, and I for one, am glad the Parramatta Club does not have a sheep for its CEO.
Give me an example of where Fitzy has not carried out directions of the Board of the Parramatta NRL Club.
If Board is voted out, Fitzy sacked, Anderson fails as a coach.....Who will people on this forum have to blame.
Pricey was a board member and snatched it because he couldn't hack it. Is his motivation to get on the board to see it thrive..or is it to put the knife into Fitzy?
Imagine a Eels Club without Michael Johnston, Chris Jurd and Fitzy.....bloody hard blokes to replace.
It is easy to say we will fill Parra Stadium..We will win a comp..We will get more sponsors.
Ray Price was a great footballer. Probably the greatest Eel after Ken Thornett. But does that make him a good businessman, or a better administrator?

Ok.... :-k
You still haven't answered my question

Forget the quotes and the poetry... just use simple bullet points and enlighten us what has Denis Fitzgerald achieved in his tenure as the CEO of Parramatta Eels.

Gronk

Staff member

At this point, I'm with Parra Pete. 3P have really shown us nothing other than they are nice guys. If this was a job interview, 3P have certainly shown that they'd be great to have a beer with, but I'm waiting for them to pull out their resume and business plan.

This election isn't about Fitzy because his job is secure, so I'm not going there in any detail, however I think he finds himself in the same boat as Brian Smith was. Been there too long.

Last edited:

strider

Post Whore
well we won our only ever premierships with denis in charge in the 80s
and we still exist - so thats a good thing
:D

strider

Post Whore
At this point, I'm with Parra Pete. 3P have really shown us nothing other than they are nice guys. If this was a job interview, 3P have certainly shown that they'd be great to have a beer with, but I'm waiting for them to pull out their resume.

This election isn't about Fitzy because his job is secure, so I'm not going there in any detail, however I think he finds himself in the same boat as Brian Smith was. Been there too long.
agreed ... this election is about our club becoming stagnant and getting into a no-so-good position because of it .... we need something to invigorate it - whether that be a whole new board or just a partially new board

Suitman

Post Whore
Imagine a Eels Club without Michael Johnston, Chris Jurd and Fitzy.....

And that says it all to me pete.

Can you imagine the USA without Abraham Lincoln? Yeah, probably.

What about Britain without Thatcher?
Russia without Stalin.
What about Zimbabwe without Mugabe?

FFS pete, times move on.
If you want Parra the way they were, jump into your time machine and go back to the 60's and watch Thornett play again.

Long after you are gone, and long after Fitzgerald is gone, we still want a club to follow. Fitzgerald had stated that he can't guarantee that.
That's not what I want to hear from our CEO.

Suity

mickdo

Coach
Long after you are gone, and long after Fitzgerald is gone, we still want a club to follow. Fitzgerald had stated that he can't guarantee that.

Couldn't have put it better myself

fish eel

Immortal
At this point, I'm with Parra Pete. 3P have really shown us nothing other than they are nice guys. If this was a job interview, 3P have certainly shown that they'd be great to have a beer with, but I'm waiting for them to pull out their resume and business plan.

The same good be said for Ovo.

_goParra

Juniors
At this point, I'm with Parra Pete. 3P have really shown us nothing other than they are nice guys. If this was a job interview, 3P have certainly shown that they'd be great to have a beer with, but I'm waiting for them to pull out their resume.

Ok.. for a moment assume that 3P have shown nothing and have not won your vote... does that mean that you will vote for the incumbents?

What have the incumbents done to win your vote?
nothing... so they win by default?

We can never know what 3P can / will do unless they are voted into power. We already know what the current mob has done (not much).

As I see it voting members have nothing to lose if they vote 3P in, at worst they will achieve nothing (same as current mob) at best they will make our club more successful. If not they can be voted out at the next elections.

By re-electing the current board, all we can expect is two more years of the same.

Gronk

Staff member
Ok.. for a moment assume that 3P have shown nothing and have not won your vote... does that mean that you will vote for the incumbents?

What have the incumbents done to win your vote?
nothing... so they win by default?

We can never know what 3P can / will do unless they are voted into power. We already know what the current mob has done (not much).

As I see it voting members have nothing to lose if they vote 3P in, at worst they will achieve nothing (same as current mob) at best they will make our club more successful. If not they can be voted out at the next elections.

By re-electing the current board, all we can expect is two more years of the same.

My view is that the incumbents are better than the devil you know, than the devil you don't know. So far all Guru has said that he has no idea how to run a football club etc and I'm guessing Pricey has the same experience. How is this good for the club ? I'd rather 3P consist of some genuine go-getters with proven business acumen and former players become involved elsewhere TBH.

Suitman

Post Whore
My view is that the incumbents are better than the devil you know, than the devil you don't know. So far all Guru has said that he has no idea how to run a football club etc and I'm guessing Pricey has the same experience. How is this good for the club ? I'd rather 3P consist of some genuine go-getters with proven business acumen and former players become involved elsewhere TBH.

I'm of the same boat.
I haven't seen much from 3P to convince me of future success.

What I have seen though, is a willingness to involve not only members, but supporters in general, to take this club forward.

In other words, they have shown me something.

The current mob have shown me nothing.

Suity

parra pete

Referee
And that says it all to me pete.

Can you imagine the USA without Abraham Lincoln? Yeah, probably.

What about Britain without Thatcher?
Russia without Stalin.
What about Zimbabwe without Mugabe?

FFS pete, times move on.
If you want Parra the way they were, jump into your time machine and go back to the 60's and watch Thornett play again.

Suity

I wish we could...I caught up with Noel Dolton a couple of weeks ago and we talked about those days. They were great times to be a Parra supporter. People were passionate, the game revolved around pride, and not money..Teams played for the fans..not for glory as it is now. Best teams are the ones with the biggest cheque books. Not my idea of sport.
Parra has won four premierships under the Fitzy watch, and another two Grand Finals. A record number of Club Championships..
Do you think he just made up about the guarantee of life after five years? Do you ONLY want to hear things you want to hear? Would you like the fact that the long term future is in doubt hit you suddenly..without warning? Do you really think Bert, Pricey, Guru have the expertise to successfully run a multi million dollar business without any business experience.
How long would Ray Price, Bert Kenny, and Eric Grothe last if they were the only 3 elected on Sunday, with four current members. Could they work with Fitzy without disruptions.
As I sdaid....be careful what you pray for, you just might get it.
There is more to this election than getting rid of Denis Fitzgerald who has provided the Eels with fantastic service both as a player and administrator....If people got their blinkers off they would realise that also...Fitzy is a passionate Eels man...

3P has never once said if elected that they would sack Fitzy, and in the short term they would be mad to. Fitzy has the experiance of running a NRL club and it would be crazy to sack him straight away. Maybe Fitzy is not getting the right guidance from the current board. I would hope he got wrapped across the knuckles for saying he couldn't see us surviving more than 5 more year. But did he?

mickdo

Coach
My view is that the incumbents are better than the devil you know, than the devil you don't know. So far all Guru has said that he has no idea how to run a football club etc and I'm guessing Pricey has the same experience.

Just out of interest, do you think the current board members all knew how to run the club when they first ran?

Suitman

Post Whore
I wish we could...I caught up with Noel Dolton a couple of weeks ago and we talked about those days. They were great times to be a Parra supporter. People were passionate, the game revolved around pride, and not money..Teams played for the fans..not for glory as it is now. Best teams are the ones with the biggest cheque books. Not my idea of sport.
Parra has won four premierships under the Fitzy watch, and another two Grand Finals. A record number of Club Championships..
Do you think he just made up about the guarantee of life after five years? Do you ONLY want to hear things you want to hear? Would you like the fact that the long term future is in doubt hit you suddenly..without warning? Do you really think Bert, Pricey, Guru have the expertise to successfully run a multi million dollar business without any business experience.
How long would Ray Price, Bert Kenny, and Eric Grothe last if they were the only 3 elected on Sunday, with four current members. Could they work with Fitzy without disruptions.
As I sdaid....be careful what you pray for, you just might get it.
There is more to this election than getting rid of Denis Fitzgerald who has provided the Eels with fantastic service both as a player and administrator....If people got their blinkers off they would realise that also...Fitzy is a passionate Eels man...

There is no doubt Fitzy is a passionate Eels man, as are the board members.
But sometimes, things become stale.

22 years pete, 22 years.

We can't keep living off the 80's.

FFS, I went to all those Grand Finals, and they were the best times of my life.
I want my kids, and my kids kids, to experience what I experienced. They've had another 22 years to deliver it, and have let us down.
Not only have they let us down, but they have become stale and now treat us like numbers.
They have had their time, and they DID deliver in times of past. But they haven't convinced me that can deliver in the future.
Until they can do so, they won't get my vote.
Not one of them.

Suity