What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Discussion re: Parra Future/3P

I for one can't understand why they can't give us answers. It cannot be seriously because the other side may steal their ideas?

With less than a week to the elections and tomorrow basically being the deadline for sending out letters to the members...I don't see why everyone can't be told either. Apparently Ovo will be sending out a letter and there is one from the Doc, but really both sides should be coming clean.

Now I know a lot of people don't look favourably on the media, but why the hell not run a big-arse, thorough piece on both sides in Friday's paper? Hell, even Saturday's as it will then be too late for either side to do anything with the info.

And how do they propose to do that? The Leagues club members would have to vote for that motion. Can someone tell me how they will do that?

1) Get 3 on the LC board via FC elections. Then swing one vote on the LC board or steal a seat at the next election. How do you steal a seat?

2) Increase the number of Eels-orientated people that are members at the LC. It currently stands at around 25%. One voted seat out of 4 would need to be won, but you'd probably need a majority of people (50% of total members) voting for one single candidate to get them on (not exactly sure as haven't done the numbers).

Either of these will get 3P the LC via the FC.

parra pete

Referee
So are you happy with the current administration of our club losing money, not spending the cap, and declaring that they could be gone in 5 years time?

Not necessarily. Did the Footy Club lose money last year?
And if it takes someone to state an iconic Club like the Eels COULD BE GONE in five years to set the alarm bells ringing and shake up the powers in politics Fitzy was the right man to do it...and I am grateful to him for having the courage to say it.
An interview between Wayne Bennett and Richard Fiedler on the Conversation Hour last Thursday was terrific , and everyone should try and get a copy of it.
Bennett said when tough decisions have to be made you need tough men to make them. Fitzy is one tough administrator and I for one, am glad he is the Eels supremo.
Wimps are a dime a dozen...they don't hang around for too long.
When the going gets tough, they shoot through.....

mickdo

Coach
If he were unhappy, should he vote in 3 former footy players to run the club, one of which has been broke?

Isn't it like letting a dentist fly a qantas jet because the pilot was too unsteady in the turbulance?

How many former footy players are on the CURRENT board? If you don't like one of them, don't vote for THAT one! Honest to goodness...

Suitman

Post Whore
If he were unhappy, should he vote in 3 former footy players to run the club, one of which has been broke?

Isn't it like letting a dentist fly a qantas jet because the pilot was too unsteady in the turbulance?

At least we will be able to hold the new ticket accountable, and vote them out in two years if we deem so.

The current mob think they are super-glued to their cosy little registered licenced premises - bar included.

Suity

Suitman

Post Whore
And if it takes someone to state an iconic Club like the Eels COULD BE GONE in five years to set the alarm bells ringing and shake up the powers in politics Fitzy was the right man to do it...and I am grateful to him for having the courage to say it.
An interview between Wayne Bennett and Richard Fiedler on the Conversation Hour last Thursday was terrific , and everyone should try and get a copy of it.
Bennett said when tough decisions have to be made you need tough men to make them. Fitzy is one tough administrator and I for one, am glad he is the Eels supremo.

Seriously, you should have been on the board for the past 22 years.

Suity

junior009

Juniors
At least we will be able to hold the new ticket accountable, and vote them out in two years if we deem so.

The current mob think they are super-glued to their cosy little registered licenced premises - bar included.

Suity

I'm going to pay my membership fees this week to beat the rush at the meeting...I'm so asking where their bar is.

eels81236

Bench
You've seen State & Federal elections. It's exactly the same. The incumbents try and stay in based on selected parts of their record and fear of the unknown, while the aspirants keep their heads down because the incumbents stink and they promise they won't be as bad.

I strongly disgree... Kevin 07 for example.... he outlined in detail what his plans were on a number of issues. he was voted in on the back his detailed reform policies. I had to listen to that nausiating Gillard woman rabbit on IN DETAIL on workplace relations untold amount of times. K Rudd
didnt just tell us he would pull back some of our overseas troops involvement... he told us HOW he would do it and outlined the phases that would be introduced.
Any campaigning politician can promise tax cuts for all, but they mean nothing to the intelligent unless we are told how these cuts will be paid for. There is NO excuse for not explaining this. The notion of idea theft in MY OPINION is rediculously hollow.

mickdo

Coach
Not necessarily. But the Board doesn't miss the tackles or bomb the tries.

Yeah, you're right. They should keep their jobs for life then :sarcasm:

That makes about as much sense as Barnaby Joyce in a press conference

So do you think he should have the job for life no matter what happens?

parra pete

Referee
Seriously, you should have been on the board for the past 22 years.

Suity

Next term maybe...Run with me as a running mate..Between us not only will we solve all the football problems, but probably find a cure for the common cold..

eels81236

Bench
How many former footy players are on the CURRENT board? If you don't like one of them, don't vote for THAT one! Honest to goodness...

Ok so say i vote for 4 of the 7 on the P3 ticket. they have already said that they havnt even entertained the thought of not all 7 being selected. I have grave reservations that they will not work well those re elected. Its a rather strong possibility.

Hellsy

Immortal

Suity

And the 3P know this as well, so if they do get in we are going to see changes happen as fast as changes can happen me thinks!!!!

Stagger eel

Staff member

did the football club make any money??

and this Dennis Fitzgerald character you talk about, is that the eels CEO or the spokes person for the club industry??

imo, i'd be brave enough to make the tough decision if I was also on 400K a year...

strider

Post Whore
I'm going to pay my membership fees this week to beat the rush at the meeting...I'm so asking where their bar is.
just say "I'd like to pay my membership ... oh and I'll have a schooner of VB aswell" and then watch for the reaction :lol:

eels81236

Bench
Next term maybe...Run with me as a running mate..Between us not only will we solve all the football problems, but probably find a cure for the common cold..

If the rules are changed to one year terms....you've got 12 months to get a couple of hundred mates to join and you are a shoe in. heck get 6 of those couple of hundred mates to run with you, you should all get in and run the show....i hope you have good intentions!! :sarcasm:

Hellsy

Immortal
Ok so say i vote for 4 of the 7 on the P3 ticket. they have already said that they havnt even entertained the thought of not all 7 being selected. I have grave reservations that they will not work well those re elected. Its a rather strong possibility.

Hmm.. I'm not convinced of this.
I think that if they get in on 4-3 that then they will of course hold majority - the other 3 members would have to agree or agree to disagree but regardless the decision would be made on majority votes. If it is the other way then maybe there will be some flare-ups.
I strongly believe it will depend who the people from both sides are as to just how well they all get along. I can see some from each side getting along better in both situations to be honest.

eels81236

Bench

Suity

they can think what they like... the elections just may prove otherwise

mickdo

Coach

Surely that is just as much a problem of the current board as it is for the 3P? Otherwise your 'grave reservations' mean every incumbent should have the job for life.