What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Discussion re: Parra Future/3P

eels81236

Bench
Absolutely.

3P are here answering questions and the current board are telling us nothing.

Neither have given us true answers yet.
I can understand why 3P haven't. I can't undertsand why the current board haven't.

Surely, they must realise they are currently fighting for their lives.

Suity

I for one can't understand why they can't give us answers. It cannot be seriously because the other side may steal their ideas?

strider

Post Whore
I don't see how winning a Premiership will generate $4mil, let alone $7mil.

Also, I see a possible way of cutting back some losses to be spending only the minimum we have to on players, which means less chance of winning a premiership if we're not spending right up to the cap.

There needs to be something else. Talk of pokies from one side and theoretical mystery money from the other just doesn't cut it, does it?

yeah ok - maybe not that type of money - but success will bring a sh*tload more revenue from: gate takings, food, merchandise, sponsorship .... its a head start

strider

Post Whore
I would hope on Sunday morning that they might be able to give us some info - surely it'd be ok to explain some stuff then???

mickdo

Coach
well tbh i reckon its a bit of a cyclic thing - winning a premiership will help the financial situation and vice versa

We aren't going to win a premiership not spending the full cap. It's as simple as that.

mickdo

Coach
I for one can't understand why they can't give us answers. It cannot be seriously because the other side may steal their ideas?

You've seen State & Federal elections. It's exactly the same. The incumbents try and stay in based on selected parts of their record and fear of the unknown, while the aspirants keep their heads down because the incumbents stink and they promise they won't be as bad.

junior009

Juniors
You've seen State & Federal elections. It's exactly the same. The incumbents try and stay in based on selected parts of their record and fear of the unknown, while the aspirants keep their heads down because the incumbents stink and they promise they won't be as bad.

Sad but true.

TheRam

Coach
Denis has, as far as I can see, carried out the duties to the satisfaction of the Board. A bloke can't be sacked because someone ' doesn't like him'. Not in Australia anyway.
Fitzy speaks his mind, and I for one, am glad the Parramatta Club does not have a sheep for its CEO.
Weak men make strong men stronger.
Give me an example of where Fitzy has not carried out directions of the Board of the Parramatta NRL Club.
If Board is voted out, Fitzy sacked, Anderson fails as a coach.....Who will people on this forum have to blame.
Pricey was a board member and snatched it because he couldn't hack it. Is his motivation to get on the board to see it thrive..or is it to put the knife into Fitzy?
It is all good fun until someone loses an eye.
Imagine a Eels Club without Michael Johnston, Chris Jurd and Fitzy.....bloody hard blokes to replace.
It is easy to say we will fill Parra Stadium..We will win a comp..We will get more sponsors.
More substance please boys...less rhetoric...
Ray Price was a great footballer. Probably the greatest Eel after Ken Thornett. But does that make him a good businessman, or a better administrator?
To quote Paul Kelly..."Be careful what you pray for, you just might get it"..

Well champ it seems that you have what you wish for at present, and just quietly let me tell you it sucks big time.

parra pete

Referee
And people might be forgetting, but even Denis was merely an ex-footy player too when he started out in this caper...

It was a lot less complicated when Fitzy first got the job..And he got the job by rattling the cage like the 3Ps are doing now.
I know a lot of ex-teammates of Denis were grateful for him improving their lot when he first came in as the Club Secretary. The Club struggled until he took the reins..
He has learnt the ropes. He as 'silly as a fox' but I don't think there is a more knowledgeable administrator in the game than Denis.
He's a local boy whose whole football life has been dedicated to the Parramatta Eels, both as a player and an administrator.
I admire Fitzy because he says what he thinks. And as for saying he couldn't guarantee the Eels being here in 5 years..He was taking into consideration the fact that the Leagues Club props up the footy Club with a massive grant, and that if the Club business declined to such an extent as it couldn't afford to make those grants..the future of the Eels would be in doubt.
He did not say they WON'T be here, he said he couldn't guarantee the Club would survive as a stand alone identity in five years.
Who would have predicted the demise of the mighty St George Club ten years ago. If John Fleming had said what Denis was quoted as saying, he too would have been ridiculed. Yet it happened, and times are tougher now than they were then.
I find it hard to accept criticism of people who are prepared to speak their mind. I prefer people who tell it as it is, rather than holding it in....

parra pete

Referee
Well champ it seems that you have what you wish for at present, and just quietly let me tell you it sucks big time.

So be it then...You are voting for Price, Guru and Bert as ADMINISTRATORS not players. Big difference...
And Ram, I'm not a 'champ'.

"All that glitters is not gold"

mickdo

Coach
And how do they propose to do that? The Leagues club members would have to vote for that motion. Can someone tell me how they will do that?

One step at a time I'm guessing. Perhaps now you are beginning to understand some of the reasons why the incumbents have made things so complicated.

mickdo

Coach
So be it then...You are voting for Price, Guru and Bert as ADMINISTRATORS not players. Big difference...
And Ram, I'm not a 'champ'.

"All that glitters is not gold"

So are you happy with the current administration of our club losing money, not spending the cap, and declaring that they could be gone in 5 years time?

eels81236

Bench
So are you happy with the current administration of our club losing money, not spending the cap, and declaring that they could be gone in 5 years time?

If he were unhappy, should he vote in 3 former footy players to run the club, one of which has been broke?

Isn't it like letting a dentist fly a qantas jet because the pilot was too unsteady in the turbulance?

Suitman

Post Whore
With all this talk about voting, I have one question for Parra Future.

Do you know, Colin, who will be doing the counting and scrutinising of Sundays vote?

Regards, Suity

I would really like this question answered please.

Suitman

Latest posts