What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Discussion re: Parra Future/3P

strider

Post Whore
I SERIOUSLY hope the 3P group don't change the voting eligiblity to be immediate ... i reckon that is totally wrong and just leaves things open to whacky sh*t .... gotta have some waiting period - even if its just 1 full year

parra pete

Referee
I think it is funny how people get all defensive when views don't match theirs and resort to sh*t slinging
Oh, and by the way Mick..The balance sheet shows the Football Club made $547,627 profit in 2008..

And the job for life...If the man is doing the job as CEO why boot him out. You can't buy experience.
And what about this scenario. ..... If just three of the 3Ps get elected and are in the minority on a seven member board..what will be their commitment to the Club with Fitzy as CEO?
Will there be a dummy spit mid term..or will they see it out?

Is the Telegraph's Josh Masoud ( who doubles as the leader of the 3Ps cheer squad) counting the votes?
From what I have been told, his count of 60 at the rally last weekend was way out..

eels81236

Bench
Hmm.. I'm not convinced of this.
I think that if they get in on 4-3 that then they will of course hold majority - the other 3 members would have to agree or agree to disagree but regardless the decision would be made on majority votes. If it is the other way then maybe there will be some flare-ups.
I strongly believe it will depend who the people from both sides are as to just how well they all get along. I can see some from each side getting along better in both situations to be honest.

Something tells me, no matter the result of the elections, no matter who wins a majority, or who wins exclusively, it may get pretty hot in the kitchen for a while.
things may get worse before they get better.

strider

Post Whore
I think it is funny how people get all defensive when views don't match theirs and resort to sh*t slinging
Is the Telegraph's Josh Masoud ( who doubles as the leader of the 3Ps cheer squad) counting the votes?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

forward pass

Coach
Something tells me, no matter the result of the elections, no matter who wins a majority, or who wins exclusively, it may get pretty hot in the kitchen for a while.
things may get worse before they get better.

maybe - and I re-iterate it doesn't mater how great 3P are, they will have ZERO say in the running of the NRL side. They will be running the juniors only.

One day - they may get the 1st grade side back, but until then they are a toothless tiger imo. Sad but true.

I think everyone is getting excited (both sides) about not much tbh.

parra pete

Referee
did the football club make any money??

and this Dennis Fitzgerald character you talk about, is that the eels CEO or the spokes person for the club industry??

imo, i'd be brave enough to make the tough decision if I was also on 400K a year...

Pay peanuts you get monkeys.
He gets paid the big dosh to make the tough decisions. Don't be down on a bloke because of his wages. Good luck to him if he gets $400K.

And the Footy Club made $547000 profit in 2008..according to the balance sheet.

Hellsy

Immortal
maybe - and I re-iterate it doesn't mater how great 3P are, they will have ZERO say in the running of the NRL side. They will be running the juniors only.

One day - they may get the 1st grade side back, but until then they are a toothless tiger imo. Sad but true.

A few members of the Leagues club board and footy club board have to be the same people though (as far as I am aware).
So that would mean that they may have some say.
Plus one of P3's things was to bring the NRL back under the footy club.

Stagger eel

Staff member

sunday's ellection isn't about having a say in the day to day running of the NRL side it's about completeing the first of of many puzzles to get there, do you honestly believe that on sunday night we'll get a result and go away and forget about life for a while??..this sunday is a trial match, in 6 months time it will be Grand Final,..

Stagger eel

Staff member
Pay peanuts you get monkeys.
He gets paid the big dosh to make the tough decisions. Don't be down on a bloke because of his wages. Good luck to him if he gets $400K.

so you're saying he's paid 400K to tell us that he can't guarentee our future withing 5 years???...yeah that's great Pete..:?

pete, where do you think the profit came from??? grants or sponsorship?? baring in mind that the football club only consists of 2 teams. SG Ball and Harold Mathews.

mickdo

Coach

They lost nearly $200k the previous year, and made a profit this year by slashing employment expenses. That does not auger well. How is the leagues club going?

eels81236

Bench
sunday's ellection isn't about having a say in the day to day running of the NRL side it's about completeing the first of of many puzzles to get there, do you honestly believe that on sunday night we'll get a result and go away and forget about life for a while??..this sunday is a trial match, in 6 months time it will be Grand Final,..

In theory....

Grothe, Kenny and Price are elected to the footy club board. At the Leagues Club Elections, P3 dont get enough votes to control the leagues club board. Therefore the incumbents on both boards win the vote and decide to extend the contract of DF, even after stong disagreement from the P3 faction.

how will this affect the three p3 board members? will they continue to see out their term? morally could they sit on a board that re appointed DF? Price has resigned from the board early previously for "time restraints"? kenny wasn't going to run originally because he had no time. Daylight savings must be helping him...that extra hour a day.

eels81236

Bench
so you're saying he's paid 400K to tell us that he can't guarentee our future withing 5 years???...yeah that's great Pete..:?

ask me 10 years ago if the world trade centre would still be here in 2010 and i would have guaranteed it...

george piggins guaranteed that the bunnies would never be kicked out of the comp too.

mickdo

Coach
In theory....

Grothe, Kenny and Price are elected to the footy club board. At the Leagues Club Elections, P3 dont get enough votes to control the leagues club board. Therefore the incumbents on both boards win the vote and decide to extend the contract of DF, even after stong disagreement from the P3 faction.

how will this affect the three p3 board members? will they continue to see out their term? morally could they sit on a board that re appointed DF? Price has resigned from the board early previously for "time restraints"? kenny wasn't going to run originally because he had no time. Daylight savings must be helping him...that extra hour a day.

Again that just sounds like an excuse that the incumbents should keep their jobs for life because their power is too entrenched. How incredibly ridiculous.

parra pete

Referee
They lost nearly $200k the previous year, and made a profit this year by slashing employment expenses. That does not auger well. How is the leagues club going?

That's exactly what Fitzy is saying..but you don't believe him...and you take him to task for saying that if things don't change he can't guarantee survival.
He knows the position..you obviously don't . The ostrich approach..that's the way. Pull the blankets up over your head. The bogey man will go away...
Do you think he was just making up that news for something to say? Fitzy is not a 'johnny come lately'. He is a bloke who has devoted his whole life to the Eels..
DO YOU REALLY THINK HE WANTS TO RAISE THOSE ISSUES???

Stagger eel

Staff member
In theory....

mate, how many of us here have been guilty of talking up our premiership chances, every year at about March/April??..I'd like to look forward to sunday and see what happens, if the P3's make a big noise at these ellections. I'll have no doubt that they'll be Planning the leagues club ellections come Monday.

you can give us 200 scenereos on what will happen between now and April/May, the best outcome is a wait and see approach.

eels81236

Bench
Again that just sounds like an excuse that the incumbents should keep their jobs for life because their power is too entrenched. How incredibly ridiculous.

How incredibly naive.

its about the footballers colourful past with our current CEO. The personal rifts with these 3 individuals would make the situation untenable in my opinion. i dont particularly want to vote for the incumbents either, but i just cant take the risk and vote for the THESE alternatives. I'm sorry thats just the way i feel.

Latest posts