What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Discussion re: Parra Future/3P

eels81236

Bench
mate, how many of us here have been guilty of talking up our premiership chances, every year at about March/April??..I'd like to look forward to sunday and see what happens, if the P3's make a big noise at these ellections. I'll have no doubt that they'll be Planning the leagues club ellections come Monday.

you can give us 200 scenereos on what will happen between now and April/May, the best outcome is a wait and see approach.

Just like Mr Howard and the hand over to Mr Costello. I want to know if they will see out their term in a tough situation. quite a reasonable question and one that thorough thought should have been given to long before sunday.

Hellsy

Immortal
Hey everyone.... how bout we leave this thread for questions so that when the P3 come online they can actually see what people are asking.

Just a thought........

Suitman

Post Whore
Really....:sarcasm:

Fair enough then.

At the end of the day, when we eventually meet, I'd like to think we could have a quiet beer together and talk about how this board lost the election, f**ked up for the past 22 years and the best thing that happened was CEO Eric Grothe Snr holding up the NRL trophy with captain Kris Keating, back at the revamped KICKS, before Midnight Oil do a set with a guest appearance from the Right Honourable, Peter Garrett OAM.
:lol:
Looking forward to it mate.

Suity

Suitman

Post Whore
Hey everyone.... how bout we leave this thread for questions so that when the P3 come online they can actually see what people are asking.

Just a thought........

Nice thought, but the discussion is providing more answers than P3 are tbh, and even more than we've ever had from Denis30. ;-)

Suity

Last edited:

eels81236

Bench
If that's what you think it's all about, I think I'll stop reading your posts tbh.

And YOU were the one that mentioned "naive".

Suity

Please dont misunderstand me suity. The P3 ticket is not just about ousting DF. Its about many things like transparency and accountability, membership drives. all great things. Its also about winning the comp and filling the stadium :sarcasm:

I fear that the three ex footy players may get elected without their running mates. if said three players are then realistically outvoted on every issue and feel that they have little input, will the obvious hatred of the CEO come into play and cause even more division and embarassment to the club in the media.

B-Tron 3000

Juniors
That's exactly what Fitzy is saying..but you don't believe him...and you take him to task for saying that if things don't change he can't guarantee survival.
No Pete, we take him to task for not doing anything to attempt to change the situation.

Where is our "10,000 members by 2010" drive, like the Dogs? Where are our bus stop ads, like the Tigers? Where are the letter drops announcing season tickets, like Souths do? Where are the considerations of private funds, like Manly?

Where are the alternatives to pissing and moaning?

Do you think he was just making up that news for something to say? Fitzy is not a 'johnny come lately'. He is a bloke who has devoted his whole life to the Eels..
That doesn't mean he deserves to lead the place.

And Pete, I think you're wrong. I think Fitzy devoted a certain part of his life to the Eels, but then - like most politicians - he enjoyed the power and it became less about the club and more about keeping his position.

Hey, maybe he is the best man for the job, maybe there is no-one who could do it better. But if that were truly the case, then surely he would change the rules and accept his fate was in the hands of members and the Board.

DO YOU REALLY THINK HE WANTS TO RAISE THOSE ISSUES???
This is a great question.

The answer is that no-one knows what he really thinks, or what his motivations are. It's obvious that people are questioning his motives. And this is the problem - most fans (and ex-players) don't trust him. And what have you got if the stakeholders don't trust the leader. Chaos, and certainly not an environment where sponsors and future fans will come on board.

To be perfectly honest, his position is untenable, regardless of whether he is the right man for the job from an admin perspective, purely because of the negative image that he has created of his own club.

B-Tron 3000

Juniors
Please dont misunderstand me suity. The P3 ticket is not just about ousting DF. Its about many things like transparency and accountability, membership drives. all great things. Its also about winning the comp and filling the stadium :sarcasm:

I fear that the three ex footy players may get elected without their running mates. if said three players are then realistically outvoted on every issue and feel that they have little input, will the obvious hatred of the CEO come into play and cause even more division and embarassment to the club in the media.

So, you're not voting for them in case their running mates don't get voted in, and in case that means they struggle to deal with the current board members?!?

I fail to see the logic.

You might was well not vote for the current board members in case 4 of the 3P get voted on and the current ones can't work with them.

Suitman

Post Whore

Well, that's a possibility, but surely the hope is from ALL members, that, if that is the scenario, all board members will work together for the good of the club, as I am sure they are promising now.

We'll deal with that when we get to it.

I think you'll find that not a week ago, I suggested that there'll be pain to go through before the club start's it's rise again.
I still believe that.

Suity

Edit - sorry if I misunderstood you.

eels81236

Bench
I think you'll find that not a week ago, I suggested that there'll be pain to go through before the club start's it's rise again.
I still believe that.

Suity

Edit - sorry if I misunderstood you.

Something tells me, no matter the result of the elections, no matter who wins a majority, or who wins exclusively, it may get pretty hot in the kitchen for a while.
things may get worse before they get better.

it's all good mate...great minds think alike.:sarcasm:

mickdo

Coach
cause even more division and embarassment to the club in the
media.

So you realise there is division and embarassment in the club but fear things getting worse by trying to change things? Without change, how else can that be reversed? Again, for possibly the third or fourth time that just sounds like you think the incumbents should keep the job for life. It is very hard to work out where that kind of attitude could come from.

eels81236

Bench
So, you're not voting for them in case their running mates don't get voted in, and in case that means they struggle to deal with the current board members?!?

I fail to see the logic.

You might was well not vote for the current board members in case 4 of the 3P get voted on and the current ones can't work with them.

Any combination of the three would be enough. 1 of them, 2 of them or all 3. Even throw into the mix 1 or 2 footy players and one businessman for example...
and remember it isnt about not working with the other board members, its about working with the dual board appointed CEO.

Suitman

Post Whore
[/b]

That's exactly what Fitzy is saying..but you don't believe him...and you take him to task for saying that if things don't change he can't guarantee survival.
He knows the position..you obviously don't . The ostrich approach..that's the way. Pull the blankets up over your head. The bogey man will go away...
Do you think he was just making up that news for something to say? Fitzy is not a 'johnny come lately'. He is a bloke who has devoted his whole life to the Eels..
DO YOU REALLY THINK HE WANTS TO RAISE THOSE ISSUES???

My problem pete is that your argument would have Fitzy as CEO until the day he dies.

You keep bringing the debate back to Fitzy, but you never answer anyone else's questions, without playing with your stupid little phrases.

How about you answer some of these questions pete?

1. Why was the constitution changed to run the NRL team via the Leagues Club ?
2. Why was legal advice gained to prevent proxy voting?
3. Why are we struggling for major sponsorship, or for that matter, why are we still struggling for sleeve sponsorship next year?
4. Why are people expressing their dissatisfaction with membership packages that the club offers, compared to what is available from other NRL clubs?
5. Why were AGM elections changed to Bi-anually?
6. Is it the whole boards stance that the club may not survive within 5 years, or is it just Denis', who is actually an employee of the club? Does the board support this view?
7. How is the club going to encourage further football club membership, and promote NRL memberships and season tickets?

There'd be another dozen if I could be bothered looking.

No doubt, you have read these questions previously, but your standard reply is........
"What has Denis done wrong, he doesn't drop balls or miss tackles".

FFS pete, if you were on the board, you would have been given the arse years ago with that attitude.

Now, how about some of YOUR answers??
Now, don't drop the ball.........

Suity

eels81236

Bench
So you realise there is division and embarassment in the club but fear things getting worse by trying to change things? Without change, how else can that be reversed? Again, for possibly the third or fourth time that just sounds like you think the incumbents should keep the job for life. It is very hard to work out where that kind of attitude could come from.

The Iemma govt should probably have been voted out too but the lack of a "safer" or better alternative ensured their survival. Sometimes the other mob just arent any better.

Suitman

Post Whore
The Iemma govt should probably have been voted out too but the lack of a "safer" or better alternative ensured their survival. Sometimes the other mob just arent any better.

I hardly think that 3P are the "Debnam alternative". :lol:

Suity

mickdo

Coach

And they will get voted out next election. So what's the Parra board's excuse?

Latest posts