What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Discussion re: Parra Future/3P

Parra Future

Juniors
sunday's ellection isn't about having a say in the day to day running of the NRL side it's about completeing the first of of many puzzles to get there, do you honestly believe that on sunday night we'll get a result and go away and forget about life for a while??..this sunday is a trial match, in 6 months time it will be Grand Final,..

You just nailed it on the head Stagger.

Parra Future

Juniors
Hey everyone.... how bout we leave this thread for questions so that when the P3 come online they can actually see what people are asking.

Just a thought........

Thanks Hellsy,

I've been on here now for 2 hours trying to catch up and answer stuff. Now up to 407. Getting closer.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
If you were the CEO of the ANZ or CBA or BHP etc and you made the above comment about not guaranteeing being around in 5 years, stock market prices would crash instantly for that organisation, people would flee and the CEO would be heavily scolded or lose his job. No matter what happened, questions should have been asked about THAT comment.

I said the same thing, a pathetic comment, and really for a person who has been described as an astute businessman on various occasions by a very small few, that's probably one of the most amauterish comment i think he has ever said, honestly, ffs.

But hey, he's the longest serving CEO in the game, he must be doing something right...:lol: I'm sure AMP, TOLL etc will be fighting oneanother off ito get his signature to head their companies if he were to relinquish or loose his position as CEO of Parramatta...

Parra Future

Juniors
I said the same thing, a pathetic comment, and really for a person who has been described as an astute businessman on various occasions by a very small few, that's probably one of the most amauterish comment i think he has ever said, honestly, ffs.

But hey, he's the longest serving CEO in the game, he must be doing something right...:lol: I'm sure AMP, TOLL etc will be fighting oneanother off ito get his signature to head their companies if he were to relinquish or loose his position as CEO of Parramatta...

Maybe even the Reserve Bank. My wife would appreciate it if interest rates did not exist in five years !!!

yy_cheng

Coach
I too second Hellsy's comments.

Why not discuss in another thread and then when the answering are not forthcoming from the forum members, post them here.

If the question needs to relate to the discussion, then link to it.

We might need someone to collate the questions etc.

Colin is doing a tremendous job trying to keep up with 0-100 people posting and I know it is the last week till the elections but give him some space.

He has a job, he has 3P meetings, he has Kids and he has a wife.

Then he has to read 100s of posts and pick out which ones are questions to him.

By the elections, he'll be so knackered, that he'll probably cannot give it his best.

If you want to leave it in this thread, how about we all discuss it and when we don't have a answer and requires Colin's input, we could put as the subject or the First line with the question # preceding a marker such as

** #24. QUESTION FOR COLIN OR 3P **

Last edited:

Parra Future

Juniors
I too second Hellsy's comments.

Why not discuss in another thread and then when the answering are not forthcoming from the forum members, post them here.

If the question needs to relate to the discussion, then link to it.

We might need someone to collate the questions etc.

Colin is doing a tremendous job trying to keep up with 0-100 people posting and I know it is the last week till the elections but give him some space.

He has a job, he has 3P meetings, he has Kids and he has a wife.

Then he has to read 100s of posts and pick out which ones are questions to him.

My the elections, he'll be so knackered, that he'll probably cannot give it his best.

If you want to leave it in this thread, how about we all discuss it and when we don't have a answer and requires Colin's input, we could put as the subject or the First line a marker such as

** QUESTION FOR COLIN OR 3P **

Thanks for the above. I actually am knackered. I'm going to go to bed now, I've got to be back in the office in just under four hours, so I might try to get 2.5 hours sleep. I'll try to get online much earlier tomorrow night. Good night all.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Maybe even the Reserve Bank. My wife would appreciate it if interest rates did not exist in five years !!!

:lol:

I think Fitzy will be lucky to get a position with the Erina Fair Commonwealth bank branch. I think getting referrals from potential customers on 'Award Savers Account' would be a hard enough task for him, and who nows? maybe he'll come out and spruk that the bank will not be functional in 5 years time, gotta admire his honesty, pull up stumps when the going gets tough, blame someone else ( State Government) rather then being pro active and finding other ways at generating income.

Parra Future

Juniors
To all,

I just remembered that I have spent well over 2hours reading and responding and I didn't even put down the message that I wanted too. By the way, I'm not John Laws spruiking Valvoline and getting a cut on the side. Yes I am affialiated with 3P and yes I want them to win. I do not get any money from 3P. I am merely a fan like the rest of you who wants to see change, and I am going hell for leather to get it. Business wise, yes I am assisting the ticket and wish to be involved with future endeavours but not for personal gain. On another note, if I did take a position with either entity (FC or LC), I would be doing it on the exact same salary that I am getting paid in my current role for another company. I am not looking to make a buck out of this. I merely want Parramatta to be around for my grandkids kids and I want the FC, LC and Football team to all be successful. So here goes my "propaganda" for the night for all the conspiracy theorists.

Firstly, we invited 3 Parra Eels fans to join our 3P meeting tonight. Matt, Anthony & Daniel. They had the opportunity to ask us some questions and attend an hour of the meeting. They also got a great photo with Ray, Terry & Guru which I'm guessing one of them will load onto this thread in the coming days. All the guys were given 86 jerseys to wear for the photo. I really wish we could do this with more fans, but their are only six days to go. Obviously the intention is to do it with more fans through numerous fan days after getting elected.

Secondly, I did get my hands on the report that was sent to the Leagues club in regards to things that fans wanted that some of the users on this site must have spent a considerable amount of time putting together. I actually took time out today to read the full 40 page report and I copied it and gave a copy to all the 3P people at tonights meeting. We all looked at it and I did a speal during the meeting about how I thought they were all reasonable ideas and all could be acted upon. The person that I spoke to about the report earlier in the day, I made mention too, that we had come up with a list ourselves prior to that report and I rattled off some of the ideas to that individual. A mix of ideas from both us and the report could all be done. Personally, I think all ideas could be done, but some of them may have to wait while we implement other areas.

To BrisVegas, I don't know if you saw the report, but there was much discussion about regional fans. I thought that was great and it was an eye opener for our group with alot of things that we could implement.

For those of you that haven't seen the report, it is a great document that has ideas for improving events, memberships, online media, postmatch functions, fan days, opening training days, member information nights, coachs forums and other areas. To the people who compiled it, thank-you. It has been read and we are happy to try to work with you and implement all ideas. As I said however, some of them may not be able to happen straight away. The regional ones were very good.

***************** IMPORTANT ****************
Lucky last. A rumour hit our group and was brought up at tonights meeting that the current administration in their wisdom have brought forward the voting times. I thought that this could not be true due to the fact surely a notice or something would have to be sent out to all voting members. This seems not to be the case. Originally, it was stated that the elections would start at 10am. That info was provided by the club. We then put it in our first letter. We have since put it in our second letter which should be arriving any day now. The problem is that they now have brought it forward to 9am from what we believe. The other rumour is that they wish for voting to cease by 10am. Which means the majority of people will not be able to vote. Due to this, we have brought our 9am BBQ forward to 8am so that we can still talk to members for an hour before kick off and then all can vote at 9am when the club opens. I went onto one of the other threads tonight and read Dr Johnsons letter, and funnily enough, he actually makes mention of the 9am start as well which leads me to believe it is true. Over the next 6 days, I apologise if I sound like a broken record, but I will continue to repeat the following.

1) BBQ will now start at 8AM.
2) Voting will probably start at 9AM.
3) We are lead to believe that voting will cease by 10AM.

You are all fans of the club just like us. I have seen on all your threads that the voting members are all keen to vote if they are available on the time. It would be a shame if you get screwed out of getting to vote, whether it be for us, or against us. No matter who tells us otherwise on whether the rumours we are hearing are BS or not, we will be running with the above timeframes so that we do not get screwed over.

Also, we have come up against some brick walls in regards to the BBQ in the carpark. The BBQ will now be held just outside the stadium where the buses usually park just off Parra Leagues Club. All from 3P will be there at 8AM this Sunday 14th ready to meet all of you. The sausage sizzle will involve a gold coin donation. All money will be going to the Westmead Childrens Hospital.

Talk to you all tomorrow.

Regards,

Col Green.

Parra Future

Juniors
No sleep for the wicked today it seems. I have been tearing through the fans report yet again and relooking over what the other clubs have offered their supporters and it is very dissapointing the state of affairs that we have at our club. I have just spent a bit of time looking at other clubs websites over the last hour and Wests Tigers have come up with an idea called a Member Recruitment Manager which basically states that any member that signs up two others get a t-shirt with the above (Member Recruitment Manager) written on it. At the end of the year all member recruitment managers go into a draw to win a special piece of memorabilia. If we had this over here, I reckon Hellsy would probably clean up.

Anyway, I am still tossing things around in my head regarding the report and hope to have some timeframes down on paper for implementations by the end of this week. Definatley prior to the election day so we can discuss the findings before the votes.

newmanj

Juniors
Parra Future

Based on your post above, it would seem that you have been offered a position in the Leagues Club or Football Club, post election, at the same salary that you are on now, according to you. I put it to you, that you are doing this for personal gain, and i believe that their are numerous others on your ticket with the same affliction. Where have all of you been before. The only ones that have been around for a long time in your group campaigning for change are Dr Graham, Bobby Gare, Sid Kelly, and Ray Price. Thats not to say that members arent entitled to join the group, however.

I am a sponsor of the eels, and not one of you have bothered to ring any sponsors and ask our opinion, or what you might do for us. You have flagged a new sponsor, but what about the guys that have been there through thick and thin. Have you bothered to think about those guys and how they may percieve what is happening at the club at the moment.

Jason

Parra Future

Juniors
Newmanj (It's Jason isn't it),

Firstly, I have not been offered a position, and no position has been offered to me. I have merely stated that I would be willing to assist in any role that any entity of Parramatta may need me in. Two, I would do it because I want things to change, but in saying that, I do have a mortgage to pay like every one else, and I wouldn't want to be worse off by leaving my current employer to join the Parra stable. But to answer the question, no I do not have a current job offer on the table at this point in time.

To answer the next part, we have talked with sponsors who are already affiliated with us in Sid Kelly and Mario Libertini who combined I think could hit 50 years combined sponsorship towards the Eels. Mario and Sid would have to answer that. Between Mario and Sid, they also know alot of the sponsors. Within our group, it is nearly impossible to go and speak to every single person that has any involvement with Parra within such a short time period.

This is not the forum to discuss certain issues that I do not know all the details of but I am aware that something has occurred between yourself and John in the past. I am sure that John would be happy to talk with you about it, or if you are more comfortable dealing with the Doc, you have his number. In regards to my prior history, Doc Malouf and I did work together, once actually running by myself and other times both of us behind the scenes during the 2001, 2003, 2005, 2007 LC Elections. So to think this is my first foray into the Clubs dealings would be inaccurate. If you are questioning myself and my motives, I know you know the Doc and you should give him a ring and I'm sure he would put you at ease to the behind the scenes going ons.

I am also happy if you want to get in touch with me, send me a PM and I will ring you when first available today.

bartman

Immortal
Two, we spoke at length tonight about proxies, because I have seen that question popping up numerous times on here. Here goes. Our stance on that would be that we will not accept proxies either. We will however accept a postal vote which would end up having an earlier cut-off date. This is purely for the out of towners like BrisVegas etc.

Regards,

Col.
Thanks Colin.

I think that would do the job that many non-Sydney or even non-Parramatta based members would be looking for - having an equal voice in any election and motions on notice.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks Colin.

I think that would do the job that many non-Sydney or even non-Parramatta based members would be looking for - having an equal voice in any election and motions on notice.

it sure would

Parra Future

Juniors
Everyone,

Just so you know, another 3P member will be joining this thread at some point today. He is not running for the board, but like me, he is assisting in the background. His name is Ben Malouf. Bit of background on Ben. Like myself, he has a business background, and he runs a few companies. I'm not sure what the current number is, I know it is at least 3 last time we talked about it. Ben is assisting the ticket in business and marketing ideas as well. If you have any queries and I don't respond at some stage today, Ben will pick up the ball and run with it. I think Guru and Bob Gare will be coming back on line later in the week. Terry Leabeater will be joining us when his computer is back up. Newmanj, I know you know Ben. Feel free to ask him any questions online that you want, or give him a ring.

Talk to you all later.

Thanks Colin.

Absolutely...I want to do more than buy a new strip and watch the games on Fox/Nein each year.

Parra Future

Juniors
Mate,

We talked at length yet again about it last night. I thought it was a good outcome too. In regards to the "out of towners" and what can we do, we are working on it. The report done by alot of the members on here have some good ideas for Regional fans too just so you know. We will be trying to implement them as fast as possible.

Ben G M

Juniors
Good morning everyone. My name is Ben Malouf. I’ve been speaking with Colin Green quite regularly lately regarding the state of affairs at the Parramatta Football Club. He suggested it was worthwhile to check out this forum as there a number of passionate Parramatta Eels fans online.

A brief history on myself. My father has been a sponsor of the Parramatta Football Club for in excess of 20 years and a lifelong Eels fan as am I. Personally I own and operate a (small) chain of three Fine Wine and Food stores, one of which is in the Parramatta area. I have a Batchelor of Economics from Sydney University and a Master of Business from the same.

As a Parramatta fan, the most important thing for me is for people, myself included to have a voice, to have opinions heard and addressed on their merits. There appears to be a ground swell of fans who have suggested to any number of people involved in the 3P ticket, that this is not the case.

Ultimately any club is only as good as its members, for, without the fans, the club does not exist. Many people are not in a position and / or do not know how to voice their opinion which is why groups like 3P are so important.

Involved are a number of ex players and local businessmen who know the right questions to ask and who to ask them of. A key policy of the group is to have members be called personally by a representative of the group. Why? Because what he members have to say, their feelings on the state of the club as a whole are not only important, but imperative to the success of the club.

Over the past few weeks I have spent a lot of time talking to Colin. Let me say upfront, that he is a mate of mine and has been for some years. We get along for a number of reasons. First is that we are both Parramatta fans and this is where the association began. Colin loves the Club and, like so many others wants to see them do something that I am too young to remember… Win a premiership! More importantly is that he is a man of his word. These facts mean that I am eager to support him and a number of other people involved in the 3P team. A number of other members of the team have had a long history with both the Club and my father and I believe have the credentials to make a difference for the better.

I guess the underlying principle of the ticket that I see as important is that questions are asked of the powers that be and that their answers are critiqued and it is ensured that they are acting in the best interests of the Football Club. After reading a number of the posts on this site, I understand that people believe that the Football Club is a “sideline issue”. The question that needs to be asked is why? The Football Club is at the heart of the team and is the reason for the existence of the Leagues Club. We need to ask questions of the board and the employees of the Club as to why the Club is being taken in the direction that it is. If their responses are rational reasonable, logical and pragmatic, then well and good. It is however, imperative that the questions are asked!

This has turned into an epic, so I will leave it a t that. I am happy field questions if people are interested in asking them. Here’s hoping Jolly old St Nick has a Parramatta Premiership in his Santa sack.

Cheers

Ben

mickdo

Coach
***************** IMPORTANT ****************
Lucky last. A rumour hit our group and was brought up at tonights meeting that the current administration in their wisdom have brought forward the voting times. I thought that this could not be true due to the fact surely a notice or something would have to be sent out to all voting members. This seems not to be the case. Originally, it was stated that the elections would start at 10am. That info was provided by the club. We then put it in our first letter. We have since put it in our second letter which should be arriving any day now. The problem is that they now have brought it forward to 9am from what we believe. The other rumour is that they wish for voting to cease by 10am. Which means the majority of people will not be able to vote. Due to this, we have brought our 9am BBQ forward to 8am so that we can still talk to members for an hour before kick off and then all can vote at 9am when the club opens. I went onto one of the other threads tonight and read Dr Johnsons letter, and funnily enough, he actually makes mention of the 9am start as well which leads me to believe it is true. Over the next 6 days, I apologise if I sound like a broken record, but I will continue to repeat the following.

1) BBQ will now start at 8AM.
2) Voting will probably start at 9AM.
3) We are lead to believe that voting will cease by 10AM.

Is this for real????? :x I am absolutely stunned that they have done this! It just shows what appalling lengths they are willing to go to in order to keep their grip on power. Is there anything that can be done? I think as members we should attempt to delay this during the meeting if it is at all possible. Truly unbelievable. :evil:

Mate,

We talked at length yet again about it last night. I thought it was a good outcome too. In regards to the "out of towners" and what can we do, we are working on it. The report done by alot of the members on here have some good ideas for Regional fans too just so you know. We will be trying to implement them as fast as possible.

Thanks Col...I know the guys who compiled the report rather well and have spoken to them in the past about it.

Fair enough then.

At the end of the day, when we eventually meet, I'd like to think we could have a quiet beer together and talk about how this board lost the election, f**ked up for the past 22 years and the best thing that happened was CEO Eric Grothe Snr holding up the NRL trophy with captain Kris Keating, back at the revamped KICKS, before Midnight Oil do a set with a guest appearance from the Right Honourable, Peter Garrett OAM.
:lol:
Looking forward to it mate.

Suity

I had that exact dream last night....whoah

Latest posts