What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Discussion re: Parra Future/3P

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
Suity you are adorable :lol:

Thanks for the latest info Col, this is a massive week for you and we do appreciate your efforts.

If anyone has any questions about the fan report that Col is talking about, there is a thread on this forum somewhere well in the past that was all about collating information and ideas to put to the club. It was mostly designed as a wake up call - you are ripping us off, and we know it.
It was put together by fans with best intentions to help the greater population of Parra fans. Hence why 4 locally based parra fans put together information on how badly out of state Parra fans are treated.

Feel free to give Hellsy, MITS, rowdy or myself a buzz if you'd like any further information. :D

JessEel

Ben,

Less of a question, and more of a comment
Colin loves the Club and, like so many others wants to see them do something that I am too young to remember… Win a premiership!
You are young then! Thats fantastic to see someone so ready to be involved with a board that is long associated with the older generation. I know that my age group is often criticised, especially as a Parra fan, for not being old enough to understand or remember what the club was like and how it was ran ... ra ra ra
Are you coming up against much opposition along those lines?

Also:
Personally I own and operate a (small) chain of three Fine Wine and Food stores
Can we be friends :D

mickdo

Coach
Can someone give the powers that be a call and find out what time voting is set to close?

strider

Post Whore
Is this for real????? :x I am absolutely stunned that they have done this! It just shows what appalling lengths they are willing to go to in order to keep their grip on power. Is there anything that can be done? I think as members we should attempt to delay this during the meeting if it is at all possible. Truly unbelievable. :evil:
imho, I can imagine that there could be a logical reason behind changing times - in that this AGM is gearing up to be bigger than all gone by and that it will indeed be necessary to have more time for renewing memberships, voting etc ..... so I can understand a possible change in times being required ..... I do however find such a change WITHOUT properly notifying all concerned rather poor (if infact it really is the case)

emjaycee

Coach
Can someone give the powers that be a call and find out what time voting is set to close?

I just spoke to the club and was advised of the following:
1) AGM commences at 10:00am
2) Voting registration commences at 9.00am and concludes as per the published agenda of the AGM.
3) Renewals for 2009 can be completed from 9.00am

Parra Future

Juniors
I just rang the Football Club, and the lady that answered the phone said that it does start at 10am. I asked if she was sure and she said alot of people are asking her that and she thinks something is happening at 9am. I am unclear of what is correct at this point so again, we are running with our new times of 8am BBQ followed by votes. If the voting starts at 10am as originally stated, well then we will spend 2 hours with everyone instead of one. If it is at 9am as the rumour is doing the rounds, well then we have 1 hour with everyone and we have made sure that everyone has had the opportunity to vote.

fish eel

Immortal
I would imagine if members have been notified of the times, then if it changes, they would all need to be notified otherwise they are leaving it open for the result to be challenged if it is close.

JessEel

this is going to be the biggest event in the leagues club since suity took his shirt off at a midnight oil concert, isn't it?

Freak2

Juniors
Wow!
I have just taken the last 4 hours reading this thread!

Firstly can I say GOOD LUCK 3P
Secondly can I say it is refreshing to see many of the 3P team come onto this site and discuss there cause with "the punters".
Third and finally: Will 3P bring the hills back!!:p

So I just got of the phone with Kevin Wise, the Operations Manager for the PDRLC.

Renewals of membership opens at 9AM in the Leagues Club Foyer, Current members can then proceeded to the Leagues Club Auditorium, which will have staff available from "Club Elections" a group run by Gay Bzardough.

At 9am, you can proceed to vote.

Voting will conclude after the Meeting Item (5 or 6) which is the election of directors. (This could be anywhere from 10:10 to 10:40 or latter depending on how the first meeting items proceed).

When that action is called, Ms Bzardough will address the meeting, to inform them of he voting process.

Each ticket will be asked privately if they wish to appoint a scrutineer, which is their right to do so.

The votes are collected,

The meeting will continue until the votes are counted.

Once the votes are tallied and it is agreed upon by the scrutineers, the members of the Board will be announce by Ms Bzardough in between meeting items.

This is the way contested elections have run previously 2006 was the same situation. I am disappointed Parra Future didn't take the time to confirm this rumour before posting it or taking other action. Were as all I had to do was call the club and ask to speak to the operations manager.

JessEel

MITS - post #466 - he DID call the club. Maybe he doesn't have as much sway as you do there at the moment?

Gronk

Staff member
I am disappointed Parra Future didn't take the time to confirm this rumour before posting it or taking other action. Were as all I had to do was call the club and ask to speak to the operations manager.

Yup. I thought it was only Josh Massoud who did stuff like that.

Parra Future

Juniors
I am disappointed Parra Future didn't take the time to confirm this rumour before posting it or taking other action. Were as all I had to do was call the club and ask to speak to the operations manager.

MITS,

Let me tell you something. The gloves are finally off. After days of persistance and alot of sleep depravation, I am finally, finally worn out. Well done. There is a rumour told to a room full of people at 8pm at night. We are in election mode with less than 6 full days to go. You need to get the word out to the people. Your a man of many contacts that can ring someone in the heavens and ask for rain during a drought. Who was I supposed to call at 8pm from the football club to answer that question, and after many years of many disgracefully run farces from the Club, did you honestly think that we were going to take a gamble on our own campaign and on everyones chance to be heard. I admit that you have far more pull with the current board than us, and you probably have all their numbers on your speed dial. If you are that important, now I do believe that you should of done something over all these years to maybe fix something. Hiding behind a computer and pretending that you have pull but nothing happens isn't worth bragging in my books. This site has been a real let down by a few individuals. The rest of the people on here show a bit of class and give people an opportunity to speak without conducting themselves like the great one MITS telling everyone who is right and wrong on planet earth. To show such respect like you have talked about in prior posts, Mr Mark in the Stands, Goodbye.

As you can see from this post. I'm shot. I am going to get some sleep and try to wake up with my happy thoughts so I can continue to think while MITS rabbles on about garbage in the background that the mighty empire is under attack from the nasty "rebels" and the might empire can do no wrong. Do you have a picture of the current board on your doona or a poster of them on your wall?

The Colonel

Immortal
Yup. I thought it was only Josh Massoud who did stuff like that.

Personally I would have thought fair enough, it is a rumour and Col has put it out for people in case there is more to it.

Particularly given;

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The 62nd Annual General Meeting of the Parramatta District Rugby League Club will be held at 10am on Sunday, 14 December 2008, in the Auditorium of the Parramatta Leagues Club.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Admittance to the AGM is restricted to current financial members of the Parramatta District Rugby League Club, who must present their current PDRLC membership badge to gain entry to the meeting.[/FONT]

http://parraeels.com.au/news/news1934.shtml
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]

drj2.jpg

Hey Everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just thought this needed it's own thread to remind everyone of the date and time of this year's AGM.

It sounds like it is going to be a CRACKER!!!!!!!!!!!!

You don't need to be a voting member to attend, you just need to have your 2009 badge to gain entry. You can pick this up and pay on the day - but get there with time to spare as alot of people tend to do this!

So don't forget

Parramatta Eels AGM - Sunday 14th December 10am - At Parra Leagues

http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?t=215167&highlight=meeting

Of the three, only one mentions that voting will commence at 9am. A lot of people may have rocked up at 10am and found they couldn't vote.

At Col's earliest convenience he has contacted the club and confirmed the details.

Last night he didn't have that luxury.

MITS,

Let me tell you something. The gloves are finally off. After days of persistance and alot of sleep depravation, I am finally, finally worn out. Well done. There is a rumour told to a room full of people at 8pm at night. We are in election mode with less than 6 full days to go. You need to get the word out to the people. Your a man of many contacts that can ring someone in the heavens and ask for rain during a drought. Who was I supposed to call at 8pm from the football club to answer that question, and after many years of many disgracefully run farces from the Club, did you honestly think that we were going to take a gamble on our own campaign and on everyones chance to be heard.

I don't know but maybe you could have shown some restraint and not posted it till it was confirmed.

I admit that you have far more pull with the current board than us, and you probably have all their numbers on your speed dial. If you are that important, now I do believe that you should of done something over all these years to maybe fix something.

You have referred to what I have done several times. I am one of the authors of that report, as well as via this message board have taken questions from the fans that they have wanted answered by the board members, simply by walking up and talking to board. That was how the report was generated. But then again I didn't even need to talk to a board member to get this, I just had to wait and make a phone call.

Hiding behind a computer and pretending that you have pull but nothing happens isn't worth bragging in my books. This site has been a real let down by a few individuals. The rest of the people on here show a bit of class and give people an opportunity to speak without conducting themselves like the great one MITS telling everyone who is right and wrong on planet earth. To show such respect like you have talked about in prior posts, Mr Mark in the Stands, Goodbye.

:lol::lol: Seriously get a grip buddy. I am one vote, just like anyone else, but I also have the right to ask questions of those asking for my vote. You as an agent for those gentlemen should understand the way you act reflects back on your ticket as well.

By the way, I did use my name in the thread, several times.

As you can see from this post. I'm shot. I am going to get some sleep and try to wake up with my happy thoughts so I can continue to think while MITS rabbles on about garbage in the background that the mighty empire is under attack from the nasty "rebels" and the might empire can do no wrong. Do you have a picture of the current board on your doona or a poster of them on your wall?

Oh Nice, go for the cheep shots. yeah, that works really well doesn't it. Seems to be all you have done towards my comments since I asked a few questions. All I have asked about is your comments and those of your candidates. YOU HAVE A TICKET RUNNING FOR THE BOARD. Expect members to weight and measure you. Just as everything can be used to win the election for you. It could also be used to lose one for you.

Something for regional fans sounds great, as stated before i can't get to games due to business and a 6hr drive but i watch every game on fox, buy new merchindise every year (and sell it thru my shop). Something for regional members that involves more info than we get, maybe emails, a special regional members cap or something would be great. Anything would be better than i'm currently getting.