What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Discussion re: Parra Future/3P

strider

Post Whore
FMD - seriously guys .... Col simply tried to make sure his group's plans weren't brought undone - and he had every right to ... no f'n harm done ..... quit the bullsh*t - honestly

you've forced me to use this one ... :fist:

Ron Jeremy

Coach
I have no doubts that Col posted it as a rumour. I am more disappointed that he as an agent and part of the team at 3P let a rumour dictate the way they acted in this manner, before clarifying it.

Do you believe he stated it to push 3ps agenda further? well why not Mark? Fitzy has already come out and spoken about Lebeaters previous debt to the club to rubbish his potential chances. However regardless if he did or not, i really dont think it's that big a deal, he posted it as a rumour and it was treated like a rumour until clarification.

, but i guess Mark is getting annoyed with all the positive discussion in here so he has to put a damper on it, just like the middle child trying to disrupt his little brothers brisk.

Nice Ron, Very nice.

What I actually did was see someones infuriated comments about the quote about the time move. Incensed that the club may have thought to do this. I then and then moved to clarify if it had been or not. From my memory of having attended previous elections the listed format would be a massive change from procedure. Unfortunately I could get an answer immediately, so I didn't go post my opinion on the comments until I knew what was happening. But when I did, it confirmed to me, my knowledge of how the AGM's work.

Discuss the ticket all you want. I have no problems with the discussions, I have been reading through them an find the level of heartening comments made by fans both enjoyable and saddening as well, that you have all felt so isolated from this club. As I have stated at the AGM in 2006 and in the report, I am so lucky to be able to get contact within this club, not just with the board, or the players, but with the workers and other fans of all the grades, I have felt part of this club, and I can attest it is great to be a part of the Mighty Parramatta Eels, and I hope what ever happens on Sunday you can all feel that was well.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
FMD - seriously guys .... Col simply tried to make sure his group's plans weren't brought undone - and he had every right to ... no f'n harm done ..... quit the bullsh*t - honestly

Exactly! but Mark is carrying on like he has had been infected by a vicious strain of genital herpes.

The Colonel

Immortal
The Post was made at almost 3 am. Is everyone telling me that the election campaign has so much happening that they could not wait 6 hours to confirm the information, and act on it then. Sure no problem make a second plan in the room, its not like adding or subtracting an hour to the time table would take that long to figure out. Then when you know what is happening either post the new information or say nothing.

The post was made at 3am because he is actually trying to answer the questions being asked of him. Given the fact that he is also working and involved with 3P, he may not have the time or luxury of being on here as long as we do. He put the rumour out there and first chance he had substantiated the facts, which funnily enough were different to what has been posted on the forum as I have highlighted in a previous post anyway.

Col is at least trying to remove some of the confusion that exists.

In the end it makes Col and his ticket look like he is jumping at shadows.

From the outside it looks as though they may not be the only ones.

Do you believe he stated it to push 3ps agenda further? well why not Mark?

I do, but remember when Col Started his comments in this thread.

Parra Future said:
The first thing I want to stress is that I am not on here to slander anyone, so please keep the questions related to who we are and what we intend to do. I don't have any desires to make any comments regarding the personalities of the current directors & CEO or what my thoughts are. The quickest way for me to answer that is a standard and truthful response which would be that they have had their time to deal with things and 30 years is a long time. Their is no Vendetta from us in regards to the current board.

Yet he comes out and post untrue comments, that in the eyes of at least one fan (no not me), detracted from the reputation of the current board, and was qualified with the following.

Parra Future said:
A rumour hit our group and was brought up at tonights meeting that the current administration in their wisdom have brought forward the voting times.

So I only hold Col to his original comments.

Gronk

Staff member

Grasshopper. Confucius say, post on forum and only please some of the people, some of the time, but not please all of the people all of the time.

Mark, where are your friends on the current board? they aren't in here answering questions and letting the members know whats happening are they?
Colin is and everytime he says anything you jump on him. Give the guy a break!

forward pass

Coach
As I have stated at the AGM in 2006 and in the report, I am so lucky to be able to get contact within this club, not just with the board, or the players, but with the workers and other fans of all the grades, I have felt part of this club, and I can attest it is great to be a part of the Mighty Parramatta Eels, and I hope what ever happens on Sunday you can all feel that was well.

And the fear of losing your contact wouldn't be the reason for all the crap you are going on with MITS would it ? That is sad if that is the case.

It is obvious you have mates on the board and you fear losing that inside knowledge? yes?

fish eel

Immortal
Mark, where are your friends on the current board? they aren't in here answering questions and letting the members know whats happening are they?

To be fair though, the current board, like the p3, would only reach a small minority of members here who will be able to vote.

And the fear of losing your contact wouldn't be the reason for all the crap you are going on with MITS would it ? That is sad if that is the case.

It is obvious you have mates on the board and you fear losing that inside knowledge? yes?

Not in the slightest, If the board were completely voted out, I would still have the contacts and friends I in the club. Regardless of the result. I do not fear losing contacts, No you are incorrect.

forward pass

Coach
Not in the slightest, If the board were completely voted out, I would still have the contacts and friends I in the club. Regardless of the result. I do not fear losing contacts, No you are incorrect.

But not on the board.

I'll be stuffed if there would be any other reason to accept mediocrity. You seem happy to. I just can't understand what other reason there would be. I'll take your word though - of course.

Colin is and everytime he says anything you jump on him. Give the guy a break!

Not every time, I will hope you noticed that I stayed out of this thread for the longest time. Then Robert Gare (I was going to say Mr Gare, but apparently it is construed that I am up myself for it) came on an posted something about a previous AGM. I knew that to be incorrect and I backed that up with fact, I then ask a Question of Eric Grothe, more about the wording of his comments then the content on itself, we had a decent enough discussion, before people started jumping on me. Then Col fired up and proceeded to have a go at me for my supposed lack of action and proceeded to tell me my opinions.

That was the first time I corrected him.

Today, I merely expressed my disappointment that he had failed to follow his own rules he set out in his first post in this thread. The 2nd time.

But not on the board.

I'll be stuffed if there would be any other reason to accept mediocrity. You seem happy to. I just can't understand what other reason there would be. I'll take your word though - of course.

That depends on the result. If the board were completely voted out, then yes I would not have contacts with the board of the football club but again that holds no fear for me.

Mark, my own view here, i am a long time reader of this forum and find you to be a very good source of knowledge and information, i always look forward to what you weigh into coversatios with. I do believe though that you may come across differnetly to what you want to. Do do come across very strong which can offend people.

Like others have said, we are all here for one thing, THE TEAM, and we are all trying to achieve the same outcome, a more successful club. Good on Col , and his team, to come on here to try and sell their dream and partial direction (while could be better) is alot better than what we are seeing form the current board.

Now i cant vote, and know which way if i could, but i will be out there on sunday to meet and wish the 3p team all the best.

I certainly hope to read more replies from everyone here. This has me most interested, i wish i could vote, i may join up on the weekend in the hope that in a few years i can contribute to this crutial process.

The Colonel

Immortal
MarkInTheStands said:
Yet he comes out and post untrue comments, that in the eyes of at least one fan (no not me), detracted from the reputation of the current board, and was qualified with the following.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The 62nd Annual General Meeting of the Parramatta District Rugby League Club will be held at 10am on Sunday, 14 December 2008, in the Auditorium of the Parramatta Leagues Club.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Admittance to the AGM is restricted to current financial members of the Parramatta District Rugby League Club, who must present their current PDRLC membership badge to gain entry to the meeting.[/FONT]

http://parraeels.com.au/news/news1934.shtml
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]

eelzy's copy said:
drj2.jpg

Can you spot the difference?

difference said:
Sunday 14th December at 10am (voting opens at 9am)

The date for the meeting, while it doesn't concern me, has regularly been posted as 10am.

The letter above, which I am assuming that 3P have heard the rumour states voting starting at 9am. This was a letter that many people are receiving today from the current board but not the information according to 3P that they were passed on in terms of starting times.

It could cause confusion for some people and particularly many who have read the main website stating the 10am time.

the guru

Juniors
Parra Future

Based on your post above, it would seem that you have been offered a position in the Leagues Club or Football Club, post election, at the same salary that you are on now, according to you. I put it to you, that you are doing this for personal gain, and i believe that their are numerous others on your ticket with the same affliction. Where have all of you been before. The only ones that have been around for a long time in your group campaigning for change are Dr Graham, Bobby Gare, Sid Kelly, and Ray Price. Thats not to say that members arent entitled to join the group, however.

I am a sponsor of the eels, and not one of you have bothered to ring any sponsors and ask our opinion, or what you might do for us. You have flagged a new sponsor, but what about the guys that have been there through thick and thin. Have you bothered to think about those guys and how they may percieve what is happening at the club at the moment.

Jason
sid kelly has been a sponser for over 2 decades and he cant even sit on the ticket let alone vote in this election , im telling you we will treat the current sponsors with much more respect then that . it also would be very inappropriate to contact current sponsers which are dealing with current managment .

Latest posts