What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Discussion re: Parra Future/3P

Ron Jeremy

Coach
All BS aside (and there has been plenty of that) the information that has been put out there had the potential to deny many people their opportunity to vote. Not that I'm exactly suprised.

And the funny thing is Mark pissed and moaned about someone posting a rumour, the irony:lol:

Ben G M

Juniors
Freak2. An excellent point. I was lucky enough to have a good chat with RayPrice last night about just this issue. What he (and Terry, Eric Snr) all said is that when they were at Parramatta in the 80's there was a great "feel" to the club. They (as well as management and staff) were not satisfied with second best. It is somewhat cliched, but winning is a cultural and how beteer to reinstate that culture than to reintroduce guys who have "been there done that". If a young inside back has had a terrible first half, who better than Eric Groth to give him a pep talk at half time?

The second issue that your point raises is "what is second best". Second best is whatever the fans think it is. If they (we) are not happy, then it is just not good enough. When was the last time you were invited by the club for your opinion on the state of the Club as a whole, given the opportunity to participate in a think tank to provide new ideas or given a voice on our direction? This is one of the main tenants of the 3P ticket. Participation by those who wish to participate is not only important, but essential. The Club is only as strong as the fans. Without fans there is no club. Ulimately the fans should have the final say and the only way to do that is by exercising their democratic right to vote. If your not happy with the current culture, vote. If the new board that is elected still doesn't live up to expectations, vote them out too!

So, I guess it can be summed up by saying that moving away from an attitude of "second best" can be achieved by allowing participation from those who have the best interests of the club at heart, namely, former greats and fans and the only people who can change the direction and culture of the club is us, by doing something.

I hope this helps.

junior009

Juniors
And the funny thing is Mark pissed and moaned about someone posting a rumour, the irony:lol:

In all honesty if he hadn't posted it I wouldn't have shown up until 10am and may well have missed the chance to vote,especially if I was held up and running late for any reason.

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
Freak2. An excellent point. I was lucky enough to have a good chat with RayPrice last night about just this issue. What he (and Terry, Eric Snr) all said is that when they were at Parramatta in the 80's there was a great "feel" to the club. They (as well as management and staff) were not satisfied with second best. It is somewhat cliched, but winning is a cultural and how beteer to reinstate that culture than to reintroduce guys who have "been there done that". If a young inside back has had a terrible first half, who better than Eric Groth to give him a pep talk at half time?

The second issue that your point raises is "what is second best". Second best is whatever the fans think it is. If they (we) are not happy, then it is just not good enough. When was the last time you were invited by the club for your opinion on the state of the Club as a whole, given the opportunity to participate in a think tank to provide new ideas or given a voice on our direction? This is one of the main tenants of the 3P ticket. Participation by those who wish to participate is not only important, but essential. The Club is only as strong as the fans. Without fans there is no club. Ulimately the fans should have the final say and the only way to do that is by exercising their democratic right to vote. If your not happy with the current culture, vote. If the new board that is elected still doesn't live up to expectations, vote them out too!

So, I guess it can be summed up by saying that moving away from an attitude of "second best" can be achieved by allowing participation from those who have the best interests of the club at heart, namely, former greats and fans and the only people who can change the direction and culture of the club is us, by doing something.

I hope this helps.

i may be just completely caught up in this whole election - but posts like that are EXACTELY what Parra fans need to hear. We've become so accustomed to being told what we are getting and told to like it!!

Snoochies

First Grade
I'm glad 3P are giving the fans a voice. Getting people back to the game should be number 1 priority. If the fans turn up, excitement is created and that flows through to the players and sponsors.
Living in Brisbane, the Broncos have hit the nail on the head with excitement. I understand that there are not as many teams up here but the excitement is here. Parramatta have a huge following north of the border and it is surprising how many fans there actually are. I only get to see Parra on TV when they play at home and it's sad to see an empty stadium knowing that when Parra play up here, the Broncos get one of their best crowds of the year.

I look forward to hopefully seeing 3P get in and a new change.

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
Not just training, but a pre season camp in the sticks!!!

Most likely a COACHES decision and not a BOARD decision - lets not lose our heads ;-)

Also guys there is another thread purely for questions, and this thread purely for discussion - if you'd like to direct your questions there that would make life a bit easier for the busy 3P guys!

In all honesty if he hadn't posted it I wouldn't have shown up until 10am and may well have missed the chance to vote,especially if I was held up and running late for any reason.

Maybe you missed the part were 3 of us, including Parra Futures have confirmed voting will also take place during the AGM after 10am. You were never going to miss your chance to vote.

Freak2

Juniors
The Club is only as strong as the fans. Without fans there is no club.

Thanks for the response.

Can I correct you on one thing though.

Fans don't make a club, supporters do.

The job of the board is to turn Fans into Supporters.

Not vice versa like the current board have done for too long IMO

junior009

Juniors
Maybe you missed the part were 3 of us, including Parra Futures have confirmed voting will also take place during the AGM after 10am. You were never going to miss your chance to vote.

I saw it, just as I saw your post saying voting may finish as early as ten past ten.

Mark, rightly or wrongly you've been accused of defending the indefensible at times. Are you going to tell me in all good conscience that this wasn't dirty pool??? Not even a little bit???

I saw it, just as I saw your post saying voting may finish as early as ten past ten.

Mark, rightly or wrongly you've been accused of defending the indefensible at times. Are you going to tell me in all good conscience that this wasn't dirty pool??? Not even a little bit???

What do you mean, what action or comment are you referring to?

junior009

Juniors
So I just got of the phone with Kevin Wise, the Operations Manager for the PDRLC.

Renewals of membership opens at 9AM in the Leagues Club Foyer, Current members can then proceeded to the Leagues Club Auditorium, which will have staff available from "Club Elections" a group run by Gay Bzardough.

At 9am, you can proceed to vote.

Voting will conclude after the Meeting Item (5 or 6) which is the election of directors. (This could be anywhere from 10:10 to 10:40 or latter depending on how the first meeting items proceed).

When that action is called, Ms Bzardough will address the meeting, to inform them of he voting process.

Each ticket will be asked privately if they wish to appoint a scrutineer, which is their right to do so.

The votes are collected,

The meeting will continue until the votes are counted.

Once the votes are tallied and it is agreed upon by the scrutineers, the members of the Board will be announce by Ms Bzardough in between meeting items.

This is the way contested elections have run previously 2006 was the same situation. I am disappointed Parra Future didn't take the time to confirm this rumour before posting it or taking other action. Were as all I had to do was call the club and ask to speak to the operations manager.

This would be the post I'm referring to Mark