What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

disgusting eels fan behaviour to child

Nugby

Juniors
Couldn't believe how many people didn't read through the thread before posting.

For what it's worth -
a) Kid's mum always said the dad (a Parra supporter) had taken him (neither parent actually goes for the Storm, kid just loves Slater) and that he got upset because Parra supporters were giving it to Slater all game (well first half from his perspective). Story never changed.
b) Regardless of how poorly thought out taking a kid who idolises Slater to that game of all games, she's not an AFL plant as someone suggested, and the kid plays LEAGUE for Quakers Hill.

Despite all that, stone cold sober, with this kid and a pack of Nuns sitting next to me at a game that Slater was playing in, I'd probably abuse that wanker too.

Kiki

First Grade
jesus some of you are disgusting pieces of work. you make me SICK. ragging on a young kid, wow....big heroes. hope you feel really good about yourselves picking on a CHILD.

i am good friends with the woman in question and i know the little boy and it is all true. he is the sweetest kid you will ever wanna meet and loves his league more than anything. i have sitting on my fridge right now a Christmas card he handmade for me with league stickers and drawings and other cute stuff.

so screw you insensitive turds for being so cruel. you should be ashamed.

my best friend growing up has been a Parra member forever and we go to games and she herself finds a lot of Parra fan behaviour disgusting. she has often expressed embarassment and shame at being lumped into the same group.

i've been to a million footy games and i gotta say, although abuse of the opposition team is pretty common at all footy teams... i have never heard fans turn on their own team the way (SOME) Parra fans do. it's shocking.

i've also heard some Parra fans make personal threats to both their own team and the opposition team, lovely things such as 'i know where you live Soward, i'm gonna hunt you down and kill you'. srsly, there is no need for that sh*t.

having said all this, none of the Parra fans i know personally are anything like this....but yeh, i'm just speaking from experience in crowds and it ain't good.

Last edited:

The Engineers Room

First Grade
I am a Parra fan and I found it annoying how most of the fans were more focused on the past and not the game at hand. The ground announcer was doing his best to encite that feeling in the crowd and the ridiculous banners and guy with celery hat made the enjoyment of a great game of football a little less.

1. A person has every right to attend whatever game he likes doesnt he?
If its at the stage in which certain ppl cant attend other clubs games due to risk. Then that is a disgrace. Plus its a GF rematch. This is a HUGE event. the AFL would pull 90k to the MCG for this. Sydney ppl treat it as tho its nothing. Poor.

2. Report it and do what? Move to another seat? It wasnt coming from just one area, from what ive been told the abuse and poor behaviour was almost everywhere. Disgraceful.

3. Good on them for reporting it and lettin everyone know what merkins the parramatta fans are.

The mother sounds like a moron? She / He whoever took the kid to the game. Just left with the kid, doin the right thing by them.. good on them. So they should.. afterall its there young KID you idiot.

Parramatta.. doin there bit for the good of the game :lol:

I have read this thread, and wasnt going to buy into it, but after reading this post I had too.

I lived in Melbourne from March 2008 until March 2009 (as most people in the Parra forum who know me, would know). In that time I attended 2 games of footy. One game against the Knights & a second against the Raiders. (Parra didnt play in Melbourne that year).

To say that I was blown away by the storm supporters towards any other supporter dressed in a jersey on both occaisions would be an understandment.

The game against the Raiders, I went to with my best friend who was visiting from Sydney. He is a died in the wool Raiders supporter. When I told him of the abuse & general demeanour of Storm supporters towards the knights supporters when I attended, and that he shouldnt bother wearing a jersey, he told me to man up. I said that was fine, I was not going to be the one targeted.:p

Well, after attending that game, I will never attend another game of football in Melbourne. Besides being heckled & pushed when in the queue for a beer (which is part & parcel at a lot of games) - Rod was spat on by a guy probably about 16 years old, and then told to get back to his hole in Canberra. (The guy was a hero, and standing up a stairwell & looking down) At which point, we tried to watch where this guy was going - we were "intercepted" by some other fans, that suggested that we just "go and sit down" ie. dont try to start anything, because we will get involved.

I have been following games since I was 4 or 5. Watched plenty of games as a kid at North Sydney Oval, Leichhardt, Cumberland & Henson Park. I have seen plenty of brawls, and heard plenty of language. However, I dont think in that time, I have ever been in a situation like that, where someone has been spat on, for no apparent reason, other than they support they opposition.

I didnt see anyone at the previous game against the knights get spat on - but, many examples of people minding their own business being taunted.

(A lot of it is probably that they are not true storm supporters anyway. The NRL give away sh*tloads of tickets to the junior clubs in Melbourne (I had friends who were involved in the Altona junior rugby league) and a lot of people attending games, probably arent real supporters anyway. Which is another reason why NRL will never be successful in Melbourne, but thats another story!)

My concern is, that the game they I have loved for so many reasons & seasons, is slowly becoming the equivalent of soccer tribalism - and I dont want that.

There are f**kwits at every ground, we all know that. But to go above & beyond by singling out someone who is in a minority should never be tolerated. I have never been fearful or wary at any other games I have ever been too, like I was that afternoon. I wont ever go back to a Melbourne home game because of it (no matter who is playing).

I wonder if anyone else on here has experienced anything similiar, when travelling to a Storm home game?

As for the young bloke at the Stadium last week. I can understand him feeling uncomfortable, and I wish I had an answer for it. I doubt if I would be taking any kid below the age of say 10, to a game that always had the potential to have high tension. (I wasnt allowed to go to Parra V's Manly games during the 70's, I know that much. I was allowed to go to every Norths game I wanted too though.:lol:)

Delboy

First Grade
I find it amusing when Saints fans come on here bagging another clubs home fans, have you been to Kogarah as an opposing supporter, I found it as troubling as going to the old Redfern Oval.

I would be disappointed if the abuse was directed personally at the young fan, if it was at his favourite player, then he should see what the young Jarryd Hayne fans cop at away games.

Anyway, I believe people like Simo are fanning the flames of an unfortunate incident, that most fans get used to but the parents have ensured it is magnified. Tried to stay away from comenting, but it is ironic when supporters of other teams come on and suggest that they are upset by opposing fans, you really do need to find a large mirror and take a long look.

SDM

First Grade
I think the Storm management have wronged the little jerkoff more so than any Parra bogan by teasing dropkick Slater.

I emailed the NRL after the cheating was revealed to ask for my $270.00 back I spent on GF tickets, and I couldn't even get my money back, let alone some free merch, and in this case, I had actually been wronged, not just a perception.

elie76

Juniors
Well I have just received a link to this forum and OMG..how things get misconstrued and changed around. I am the mum..yep the didnt get off her arse, change the story around, miss opportunistic, sh*t mum!

So my my I cannot believe reading all these 14 pages how things have been changed around..for anyone that cares to read the actual truth I will write it here..

My son is Rugby League crazy. His grandfather played for both Penrith and Balmain and spent a lot of years playing for the Windsor Wolves and is a life member out there..football is in our blood and always has been.

I actually never encouraged him to follow rugby league and for a while there it wasnt mentioned in our home. When he turned 3 or 4 I think someone was watching a Storm v ? game on our TV and he walked past and stood there jaw open and watched the entire game and said I LOVE that lightening team... I had a little Penrith jersey for him at the time just because we lived in that district and thought it might be the team he eventually grew up to support.

From then on football took over..he collects all the NRL footy cards ..not just the newspaper ones but the ones u pay for everytime you enter a newsagent. He uses his pocket money to buy those and Big LEague every week. He asks for NRL DVDs for Xmas and Birthdays and as soon as he was able started playing the game he loves. He plays in Under 8s now and whilst the smallest on the team, he wins Best Defense and Best and Fairest etc due to his determination to wrap them up around the legs week after week. He currently plays first receiver and calls the shots out there. His team mates respect his quick thinking and his determination to never shirk from tackling the biggest kid in the other team..any of you people bagging him, please I urge you come and watch him play a game and then think about the whole kids a whinger sook etc comments..u will be pleasantly suprised!

We attend every Penrith home game that we can, he goes to every Parramatta home game with his dad ( a huge Parra supporter) - these are the home games closest to where we live. He also attends our own clubs A Grade teams because he (not I ) thinks he should be supporting them. He tries to get to every Windsor Wolves game as well..and its bloody cold out there.

To address some of the comments on this forum:

1) WHy take him ... okay all day on Friday I was apprehensive due to stuff I had read in the paper etc, but you have to understand ..this is HIS game..his two favourite teams (yes he wears his Parra jersey to every game there apart from the Storm one). All his idols on one field.... It was hard to say no to something he has looked forward to for so long (oh the person that says he shouldnt be out that late at night... it was a Friday night ..thanks for your concerns on his welfare he is in bed 8.30 every other night). I actually told him it might be best not to wear his jersey and he screwed his face up at me and said why not they are my team? We compromised and he wore a less obvious Melbourne Storm Hoodie.
I did say to several ppl that I didnt really want him to go but was told I was over-reacting "its a family game".

So he did go to the game..sorry if you think it is irresponsible.

2) Comments made to him or around him - look every time that kid wears his jersey into a shop or down to training he cops it. People are always saying Storm Suck..and now Storm are cheats..he laughs it off every time and never comments back. Why people in shops feel the need to approach a 7 year old (yes he is 7 not 8 as mentioned on here) in a shop to tell him the team he supports sucks is beyond me but he takes it all in his stride. At the game, he did receive many comments from adults about storm sucking etc... he again said nothing.... and yes a lot of swearing, yelling out stuff went on around him..I urge you all to understand it is not exactly what is said but the hostility and bad vibes around him that made him nervous. As mentioned he doesnt miss many Parra home games and is usually fine with it all. He also never cries on the field when he plays and to be honest he never really cries at all. So he quietly told his dad and others that where there with them that he was a bit scared and wanted to go home. When asked why he said people are really really angry and its scary. So for those asking why dad didnt go to security etc and saying we are bad parents..I believe the right thing was actually done - the child was nervous and scared and was removed from the situation... oh and for someone that said he left because storm was losing..u musnt know many seven year olds..these kids dont much worry about the score. They come off from their own games on a Saturday and an hour later will ask "Did we win today"...

3) Someone said I called 2GB and Triple M - no none of this is correct! I had a call from my crying son and wrote on my Facebook and Twitter as they are linked (my facebook is private so for friends only) how upset I was that my son was leaving his night of nights as far as footy goes, in tears. Usually he comes home and wont stop talking about every dummy and pass etc that happened in the 80 minutes. These are my accounts and I dont think it was very opportunistic venting my thoughts on there...we are parents and it is very emotive when u hear your son upset. So it seems one of my Facebook friends is friends with whoever it is that calls the football on 2GB and sent him a text or perhaps email I am not sure.... funnily enough my son heard that being read out on the way home in the car and said ohhh someone else went home sad..not realising it was about him. I had no idea it was on the radio until a journalist called Phil Rothfield contacted this friend on Facebook asking to talk to me. He then called me Saturday morning to discuss it. I played down the situation and he asked if someone could come and take a photo of my son as they wanted to do a story on how the salary cap and the whole scandal was affecting Storm fans... the headline eventually said something about hooligans... not my words

I was also sent a message on twitter from triple m asking if I would go on the air the next morning with Rabs on Deadset Legends to discuss the situation. I said no I dont think that would be a good idea. They asked if they could talk to me off air to find out the exact story. I said sure. They gave me a direct number to call the next day and again i reiterated that the discussion was to be off air. The next morning I called and next thing I knew I was being introduced as the mum who had called in... and there I was on the air. Again I tried to play it down and said noone made any direct comments etc to him... we are footy ppl we know there are idiots at the football no matter where you go!

What is annoying me the most is the people that are saying I am apparently like this and after freebies... the only free thing I have ever received is once I won a meat tray at Seven Hills RSL..but technically I paid for tickets to win that!! Not once did I ask for any of these freebies such as the stuff you have listed on here..what actually makes me laugh is all of you incensed that Peter Wynn is going to send my kid some free Storm merchandise... for the record we have spent $1000s at Peter Wynns .. my sons jerseys for both Parra and Storm come from there as they iron the name on the back etc.

Oh and for the record my son hasnt received anything from anyone as yet, so that should keep you all very happy. And if any of you are really really still upset he is getting a scarf, then please email me and I will send it to you when he receives it. I'll explain to him that some adults were very angry he was getting some stuff and we are giving it to them instead. He is pretty gracious so I am sure he wont mind.

So to conclude, I have never asked for this..it merely started with me as any parent does having a whinge on my twitter and private facebook account! I was definitely not asking for sympathy from radio listeners etc or freebies and as mentioned if any of u very grown up people are still upset that he is receiving it please email me and you are welcome to come meet him down at our footy training or one of his games and he will gladly give you the freebies he is apparently receiving.

He was and always is hassled by fans that are anti - Storm and always smiles at people. In last years GF he wore half and half and cut out pics of both teams players from Big LEague to hang around the house... his aunty was devastated when Parra lost and instead of rubbing it in like she did the previous year when Storm lost, he merely said Dont worry... next year Parra will be even better..they played really good today I thought and gave her a hug.

I am not a sh*t parent - he is a Straight A student and loves school and Rugby League equally. Oh and sorry to those asking him to go play AFL..he says never in this lifetime.

I have never changed my story around. He went to the game, I didnt, he came home half time crying and upset and WE never contacted any media organisations.

As mentioned he attends plenty of games and has never reacted this way before.

Oh and Mr Osbourne himself and I have spoken and he is aware of the entire truth and is a fantastic person and a credit to the Parramatta team.

Finally I hope League continues to be a great family game. Its a great place to take the kids that are trying very hard to be the next NRL stars. The boys in our team love their footy and remain undefeated. There could be a future NRL player in that team... we are very pro league and hope it continues here strongly...

Good Luck to each of your teams - I hope they play really well and please start thinking about good things in life, not coming on to a forum to bag the sh*t out of and make up stuff about people you dont know..I've done it before, so I know where you are coming from but to be on the receiving end is both weird and hurtful....

Thanks for letting me have my say :)

Springs

First Grade
What positive comments. But I say you will be attacked by all the keyboard heroes (idiots) on this site. Good luck.

elie76

Juniors
thats okay springs... the ppl that know us know who we are.. and like i said to the anonymous faces...come watch him at footy..I dare say they wont cause its not so much fun to pick on someone when you actually like them or know them :)

Apey

Staff member
I read the first two posts but after that I just felt like you were repeating yourself.

elie76

Juniors
lol..ha ha.. Hmm i dont know how or why it appeared that many times.. It took a very long time to load so no idea.. If someone can delete them or tell me how to thanks... U can see im nit really a forum person! Thanks

sarahk

Juniors
Well I have just received a link to this forum and OMG..how things get misconstrued and changed around. I am the mum..yep the didnt get off her arse, change the story around, miss opportunistic, sh*t mum!

So my my I cannot believe reading all these 14 pages how things have been changed around..for anyone that cares to read the actual truth I will write it here..

My son is Rugby League crazy. His grandfather played for both Penrith and Balmain and spent a lot of years playing for the Windsor Wolves and is a life member out there..football is in our blood and always has been.

I actually never encouraged him to follow rugby league and for a while there it wasnt mentioned in our home. When he turned 3 or 4 I think someone was watching a Storm v ? game on our TV and he walked past and stood there jaw open and watched the entire game and said I LOVE that lightening team... I had a little Penrith jersey for him at the time just because we lived in that district and thought it might be the team he eventually grew up to support.

From then on football took over..he collects all the NRL footy cards ..not just the newspaper ones but the ones u pay for everytime you enter a newsagent. He uses his pocket money to buy those and Big LEague every week. He asks for NRL DVDs for Xmas and Birthdays and as soon as he was able started playing the game he loves. He plays in Under 8s now and whilst the smallest on the team, he wins Best Defense and Best and Fairest etc due to his determination to wrap them up around the legs week after week. He currently plays first receiver and calls the shots out there. His team mates respect his quick thinking and his determination to never shirk from tackling the biggest kid in the other team..any of you people bagging him, please I urge you come and watch him play a game and then think about the whole kids a whinger sook etc comments..u will be pleasantly suprised!

We attend every Penrith home game that we can, he goes to every Parramatta home game with his dad ( a huge Parra supporter) - these are the home games closest to where we live. He also attends our own clubs A Grade teams because he (not I ) thinks he should be supporting them. He tries to get to every Windsor Wolves game as well..and its bloody cold out there.

To address some of the comments on this forum:

1) WHy take him ... okay all day on Friday I was apprehensive due to stuff I had read in the paper etc, but you have to understand ..this is HIS game..his two favourite teams (yes he wears his Parra jersey to every game there apart from the Storm one). All his idols on one field.... It was hard to say no to something he has looked forward to for so long (oh the person that says he shouldnt be out that late at night... it was a Friday night ..thanks for your concerns on his welfare he is in bed 8.30 every other night). I actually told him it might be best not to wear his jersey and he screwed his face up at me and said why not they are my team? We compromised and he wore a less obvious Melbourne Storm Hoodie.
I did say to several ppl that I didnt really want him to go but was told I was over-reacting "its a family game".

So he did go to the game..sorry if you think it is irresponsible.

2) Comments made to him or around him - look every time that kid wears his jersey into a shop or down to training he cops it. People are always saying Storm Suck..and now Storm are cheats..he laughs it off every time and never comments back. Why people in shops feel the need to approach a 7 year old (yes he is 7 not 8 as mentioned on here) in a shop to tell him the team he supports sucks is beyond me but he takes it all in his stride. At the game, he did receive many comments from adults about storm sucking etc... he again said nothing.... and yes a lot of swearing, yelling out stuff went on around him..I urge you all to understand it is not exactly what is said but the hostility and bad vibes around him that made him nervous. As mentioned he doesnt miss many Parra home games and is usually fine with it all. He also never cries on the field when he plays and to be honest he never really cries at all. So he quietly told his dad and others that where there with them that he was a bit scared and wanted to go home. When asked why he said people are really really angry and its scary. So for those asking why dad didnt go to security etc and saying we are bad parents..I believe the right thing was actually done - the child was nervous and scared and was removed from the situation... oh and for someone that said he left because storm was losing..u musnt know many seven year olds..these kids dont much worry about the score. They come off from their own games on a Saturday and an hour later will ask "Did we win today"...

3) Someone said I called 2GB and Triple M - no none of this is correct! I had a call from my crying son and wrote on my Facebook and Twitter as they are linked (my facebook is private so for friends only) how upset I was that my son was leaving his night of nights as far as footy goes, in tears. Usually he comes home and wont stop talking about every dummy and pass etc that happened in the 80 minutes. These are my accounts and I dont think it was very opportunistic venting my thoughts on there...we are parents and it is very emotive when u hear your son upset. So it seems one of my Facebook friends is friends with whoever it is that calls the football on 2GB and sent him a text or perhaps email I am not sure.... funnily enough my son heard that being read out on the way home in the car and said ohhh someone else went home sad..not realising it was about him. I had no idea it was on the radio until a journalist called Phil Rothfield contacted this friend on Facebook asking to talk to me. He then called me Saturday morning to discuss it. I played down the situation and he asked if someone could come and take a photo of my son as they wanted to do a story on how the salary cap and the whole scandal was affecting Storm fans... the headline eventually said something about hooligans... not my words

I was also sent a message on twitter from triple m asking if I would go on the air the next morning with Rabs on Deadset Legends to discuss the situation. I said no I dont think that would be a good idea. They asked if they could talk to me off air to find out the exact story. I said sure. They gave me a direct number to call the next day and again i reiterated that the discussion was to be off air. The next morning I called and next thing I knew I was being introduced as the mum who had called in... and there I was on the air. Again I tried to play it down and said noone made any direct comments etc to him... we are footy ppl we know there are idiots at the football no matter where you go!

What is annoying me the most is the people that are saying I am apparently like this and after freebies... the only free thing I have ever received is once I won a meat tray at Seven Hills RSL..but technically I paid for tickets to win that!! Not once did I ask for any of these freebies such as the stuff you have listed on here..what actually makes me laugh is all of you incensed that Peter Wynn is going to send my kid some free Storm merchandise... for the record we have spent $1000s at Peter Wynns .. my sons jerseys for both Parra and Storm come from there as they iron the name on the back etc.

Oh and for the record my son hasnt received anything from anyone as yet, so that should keep you all very happy. And if any of you are really really still upset he is getting a scarf, then please email me and I will send it to you when he receives it. I'll explain to him that some adults were very angry he was getting some stuff and we are giving it to them instead. He is pretty gracious so I am sure he wont mind.

So to conclude, I have never asked for this..it merely started with me as any parent does having a whinge on my twitter and private facebook account! I was definitely not asking for sympathy from radio listeners etc or freebies and as mentioned if any of u very grown up people are still upset that he is receiving it please email me and you are welcome to come meet him down at our footy training or one of his games and he will gladly give you the freebies he is apparently receiving.

He was and always is hassled by fans that are anti - Storm and always smiles at people. In last years GF he wore half and half and cut out pics of both teams players from Big LEague to hang around the house... his aunty was devastated when Parra lost and instead of rubbing it in like she did the previous year when Storm lost, he merely said Dont worry... next year Parra will be even better..they played really good today I thought and gave her a hug.

I am not a sh*t parent - he is a Straight A student and loves school and Rugby League equally. Oh and sorry to those asking him to go play AFL..he says never in this lifetime.

I have never changed my story around. He went to the game, I didnt, he came home half time crying and upset and WE never contacted any media organisations.

As mentioned he attends plenty of games and has never reacted this way before.

Oh and Mr Osbourne himself and I have spoken and he is aware of the entire truth and is a fantastic person and a credit to the Parramatta team.

Finally I hope League continues to be a great family game. Its a great place to take the kids that are trying very hard to be the next NRL stars. The boys in our team love their footy and remain undefeated. There could be a future NRL player in that team... we are very pro league and hope it continues here strongly...

Good Luck to each of your teams - I hope they play really well and please start thinking about good things in life, not coming on to a forum to bag the sh*t out of and make up stuff about people you dont know..I've done it before, so I know where you are coming from but to be on the receiving end is both weird and hurtful....

Thanks for letting me have my say :)

Thanks for clarifying Elie. It's amazing how much the media plays an event up. I was at the game too and i didnt think any of the fans were bad to any storm supporters, as for the team haha that's another story. Hope your kid is ok and dont worry about some of the comments made on this forum, since most are made by keyboard warriors who WOULD NEVER say it face to face.

El Diablo

Post Whore
so was the kid personally abused at the footy or not :?

did the friend who rang the radio receive a freebie when they weren't even at the game?

SDM

First Grade
Straight A's !!

You should be proud, my 7 year old gets mainly B's and C's at the American College he attends.

otori

Juniors
Does Parra stadium have an away supporters bay like Suncorp does? Never been there.

I didn't read the first 14 pages but I read your post in full Elie. I think that's the longest post I've ever read without just skipping it lol.

Sorry to hear your son had to leave the game. It's definitely an unfortunate situation. You'd hope that people would watch their mouths in the presence of kids, but unforunately it seems Parra fans were letting nothing get in the way of their lil retribution session. They should of just waved $$$ over the fence at them like our fans did LOL.

When I was 8 my dad and a friend of the family made me cry twice in one game, as they were Balmain fans and every time they scored they'd aggravate me. Unfortunately for them, this game was the 89 grand final....so I got the last laugh lol.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
He plays in Under 8s now and whilst the smallest on the team, he wins Best Defense and Best and Fairest etc due to his determination to wrap them up around the legs week after week.

Pfft. If he can't stop the offload he's nothing more than a defensive liability.