What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do Channel 9 "Do Rugby League Best"?

Do Channel 9 "Do Rugby League Best" i.e. Do 9 Serve Rugby League's Best Interests?

• Total voters

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
michael-jordan-laughing.gif

Well one thing is confirmed, Jeffrey Browne has a account on LU

What?

docbrown

Coach
*Just a thought*

SBS - The way they promote soccer and the amount of coverage they give it, imagine if a channel did that with NRL

But back to reality - Ch9 did great things for the game in it's first 5 or so years, heck even the footy show was funny in it's first season! The next ten or so years it was treading water devoid of ideas. The last 5 years they have been a lead-weight to the game. Ironically when CH9 lose the rights, and I pray they do, only then will they realise what a wasted opportunity they have had in their hands the last 20 odd years.

They've become very complacent.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Well at the moment there is only two mesaurements, Ch9 and Fox. In that race you'd have to say Fox are doing it better. National covergae, more live games, better productions, showing Toyota Cup pre and post games shows nationally etc etc

If that is the "best" FTA can do for the game then we are fricked!

bushguppie63

Juniors
No. I hate how they harp on about upcoming shows that are a "must see"...ffs, it's footy, just call the game..

Goddo

Bench
:lol: 9 on the turps again. Sack all the AFL Victorians at the joint such as McGuire and this knob end, and then we might get a fair go.

No.... No no no no. The commentry team suck balls. Rabs and Gould are dreadful, spending far too much time talking about random bullsh!t. Heres a novel idea, have a small comentry team (2-3 at tops) who actually talk footy. If they have nothing to say about the game shut the f**k up. Stirlo is the only one who is any good.

Timbo

Staff member
As one of the 99% who voted no, I would like to hope that someone on the comission will see it and go 'lets see what 7 and 10 will offer'.

I'm willing to bet however that they'll give the rights back to 9 with minimum fuss.