What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do Channel 9 "Do Rugby League Best"?

Do Channel 9 "Do Rugby League Best" i.e. Do 9 Serve Rugby League's Best Interests?

• Total voters

Mr Fourex

Bench
5054741-a-red-button-with-the-words.jpg

Lambretta

First Grade
I am a long time critic of Channel 9 and have been highly frustrated with the way they've been handling Rugby League recently. But the rot at that station goes far deeper than Rugby League. Ever since Packer offloaded it to a consortium from Singapore they've been absolutely clueless and they're getting worse every year.

Rugby League aside, the only thing I watch on Channel 9 is Top Gear and I wished that went back to SBS.

But this is about Rugby League so lets focus on that. First the good. Friday Night double headers. A great idea. Phil Gould still gives great insight and Peter Stirling knows his stuff.

That's about it. Their commentary team has aged and Stirling and Gould aside is largely becoming irrelevant. Rabs is practically senile and is getting worse every year. Andrew Johns shows flashes of being alright, but that's being polite. Brad Fittler sounds like he's drunk and Darren Lockyer really should give his voice a rest. He has the sort of voice best suited to mime. Their best caller was fast becoming Andrew Voss and yet they've gotten rid of him and brought in Ray Hadley of all people. Couldn't they think of anyone older or more shite to call the games?

They bought the rights to Super League, then buried it then refused to renew it and no one else has gone for it.

They record games in HD and broadcast them in standard definition and then give the recordings to Fox to show them in HD.

They refuse to show the game in non heartland states at anything like a reasonable hour.

The footy show is irrelevant and has alienated it's audience.

Anyone who tries to bring genuine change is booted.

They have killed the Roast, previously one of the best League shows on TV.

Channel 9 used to be great for Rugby League, but for the past five or more years they've been holding the game back. Packer knew his stuff and he would be turning in his grave at the way this lot are carrying on.

It's time for a change.

Frustrated Fan

Juniors
I lived in Adelaide for three years and was discusted at the way Nine treated League there. I have literally seen "The Footy Show" rubbish Adelaide as a potential audience. Channel Seven promoted the Rugby World cup match between Australia and Namibia, which sold out Adelaide Oval.

Their insistence of delayed telecast is disspicable. I won't watch it.

Bruce Manifold

Juniors
9 used to do it very well in the old days..But now it seems the Footy coverage is run by some marketing exec who is completely outta touch. Its come up here a few times. BUT The games are full of farkin adds... Shhhh just call the game Rabs. RAAY Hadley although, seems quite knowledgeable, his commentary is as dry as a sunday with out a brew and ..The biggest mistake the DOUCHE BAG in charge has made is canning THE ROAST..it was by far the best footy show on..OH hang on whats that dick head?? you havent canned it ..Timmy Sheridan is doing it?? well sorry if you compare that tripe to the roast. You miss the whole point to the game. I dont care what Vossey did (Unless it was with Matty Johns) bring him back ..and put the bloody roast on ..AND hey dip shit while your at it..give us a live to air game on a saturday, Us workin class guys with kids and a family cant afford FOX..I thought this was the game of the people???Just do it so i dont have to watch that other Dribble..from Victoria..

Lowdown

Juniors
I am a long time critic of Channel 9 and have been highly frustrated with the way they've been handling Rugby League recently. But the rot at that station goes far deeper than Rugby League. Ever since Packer offloaded it to a consortium from Singapore they've been absolutely clueless and they're getting worse every year.

Rugby League aside, the only thing I watch on Channel 9 is Top Gear and I wished that went back to SBS.

But this is about Rugby League so lets focus on that. First the good. Friday Night double headers. A great idea. Phil Gould still gives great insight and Peter Stirling knows his stuff.

That's about it. Their commentary team has aged and Stirling and Gould aside is largely becoming irrelevant. Rabs is practically senile and is getting worse every year. Andrew Johns shows flashes of being alright, but that's being polite. Brad Fittler sounds like he's drunk and Darren Lockyer really should give his voice a rest. He has the sort of voice best suited to mime. Their best caller was fast becoming Andrew Voss and yet they've gotten rid of him and brought in Ray Hadley of all people. Couldn't they think of anyone older or more shite to call the games?

They bought the rights to Super League, then buried it then refused to renew it and no one else has gone for it.

They record games in HD and broadcast them in standard definition and then give the recordings to Fox to show them in HD.

They refuse to show the game in non heartland states at anything like a reasonable hour.

The footy show is irrelevant and has alienated it's audience.

Anyone who tries to bring genuine change is booted.

They have killed the Roast, previously one of the best League shows on TV.

Channel 9 used to be great for Rugby League, but for the past five or more years they've been holding the game back. Packer knew his stuff and he would be turning in his grave at the way this lot are carrying on.

It's time for a change.

Mate - you're preaching to the converted. Everyone has been saying exactly the same thing for months if not years now. It aint going to change unless another organisation win the rights. Nine are dead in the water.

Latest posts