What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do souths look ok for 05'?

Bib

Juniors
1.Mcdougall
2.Marteene
3.Hookey/Ben Mcdougall
4.Watts/Rigon
5.Hegarty
6.Craigie
7.Williams
8.Cusack
9.Walker
10. Giddies
11.Fletcher (c)
12. Manu
13.Harrison

I personally dont think that side looks too bad, the forward pack looks strong, once again i think depth will be the problem, i think they are stronger than this year, and will hopefully not be in the race for the wooden spoon!

Raider_69

Post Whore
Adam MacDougall cant and wont play fullback, i would have Marteene in fullback before MacDougall...

other than that it isnt half bad... perhaps a chance at the top 14 :clap:

Special K

Coach
I don't think they'll win the spoon next year. Manly with the two BKs won't be able to do much. Kennedy won't play much and Kite can't turn a team around...

Bell would be fullback you'd think. Get the kid a full off season and he'd be great

Bib

Juniors
Special K said:
I don't think they'll win the spoon next year. Manly with the two BKs won't be able to do much. Kennedy won't play much and Kite can't turn a team around...

Bell would be fullback you'd think. Get the kid a full off season and he'd be great

I think Bell is like Preston Campbell, hell either win or lose you the game, he needs time, but yes i think he could have an impact next season

t-ba

Post Whore
Errr...Roy Bell?

For mine

1-Roy Bell (+10kg)
2-Shane Martenee
3-Shannon Heggarty
4-Adam Mcdougall (c)
5-Luke Mcdougall
6-John Sutton
7-Joe Willams (+ 2 months intensive tackling practice)
8-Peter Cusack
9-Mark Minichello
10-Scott GEDDES
11-Bryan Fletcher
12-Luke Stuart
13-Ash Harrison

14-Scott Logan
15-Shane Rigon
16-Glenn Hall
17-Brett Kearney (I think there's someone better, can't remember name)

Craigie and Hookey destined for the Scrap heap, I can see them picking up L.Dorn.

t-ba

Post Whore
Capable of playing both. Probably better in the second row though :? .

t-ba

Post Whore
Yes...Yes it is.

In honour of the Dolphins, Orcas and Bears of this world.

Kris_man

Bench
watch souths improve out of sight next year under shaun mcrae. and whats wrong with hookey?! he's a champ!

Kris_man

Bench
it looks like a great attacking baclkline they'll have:

1.Roy Bell
2.Luke Macdougall
3.Shannon Hegarty (don't waste this guy on the wing!)
4.Adam Macdougall
5.Lee Hookey
6.John Sutton
7. Joe Williams

Dragon Fanatic

Juniors
1.Bell
2.Marteene
3.Hookey/Hegarty
4.A. Macdougall
5.L. Macdougall
6.Sutton/Craigie
7.Williams
8.Cusack
9.Walker
10.Geddes
11.Fletcher(c)
12.Minichello
13.Harrison

14.Logan
15.Rigon
16.Manu
17.New utility player

pcpp

Juniors
I have a feeling that they will be in the Top 8 in the middle half of the 2005 season, but then drop out of the 8 at the end to finish 10th or 11th.

hadey

Juniors
At the fan information night on Tuesday Richo stated that Hookey has been offered a contract.

Not all Souths signings have been announced yet and wont be until their current clubs have finished their season.

mullup

Juniors
Souths will struggle again in '05... they've had to virtualy start over since their re-introduction, and like all other new teams it'll take many seasons.

Should they play with heart as they did vs Cowboys & Bronco's recently, the years it'll take for success will be halved.

thuganomics

Coach
1.McDougall
2.Hegarty
3.Hookey
4.A. Macdougall
5.L. Macdougall
6.Sutton
7.Williams
8.Cusack
9.Walker
10.Geddes
11.Fletcher(c)
12.Minichello
13.Harrison

14.Logan
15.Rigon
16.Manu
17.Bell ( Like a Bowen or Wing type of impact player )

Doogs is a good Fullback he makes ALOT of meters from the back and isn't that bad under the High Ball.