What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do we actually need a Mongrel Prop?

hardbaby

Coach
Big, aggressive forwards, clever halves and fast backs. That's the recipe. Next year we will have 2 of the 3. But the forwards are an issue. We do need a clean out there.

You need forwards who are actually off contract and are better than what you already have to put you in a better situation.

The names that have been mentioned honestly aren't alot better Bolton is the best of the three I have heard and even he has dropped on over the last 12 months.

The clean out has begun but you have to be sensible just off loading players for the sake of it with no better options is rather foolish.

Jersey No 14

Juniors
As for Ben Creagh I believe - and I've had this conversation with fellow Dragons - He's overrated. For a huge guys he does minimal damage.
Then there's the Captain - As a Captain you are supposed to lead from the front (first over the hill.)
Sorry boys. Imagine another club wanting him that bad - None (Maybe Parra)
Get Mad - get bad or piss off to park footy.
I don't care how many of you guys like him. He's a passenger for my quest to win another comp.
See ya Ben

Last edited:

Jersey No 14

Juniors
LOL@anyone who suggests we buy George Rose... that'll do me.
Do you watch football with your eyes or are you unbias like so many.
The reason Manly are consistant is because of that man's efforts.
If we had a man on our roster like that we'd be doing a lot better. Than 14th!!!!

Mr Red

First Grade
Do you watch football with your eyes or are you unbias like so many.
The reason Manly are consistant is because of that man's efforts.
If we had a man on our roster like that we'd be doing a lot better. Than 14th!!!!

LOL..so people that watch football with their eyes are biased??
thanks George for popping in and posting on our forum.

Last edited:

bottle

Coach
I'm in the 'need' corner btw. I like BennyV's post, it makes a lot of sense. I just think that when you look at what Kasiano can do for the Dogs, and the Burgii for Souffs, well, I'd like some of that as well. There has to be way to make it work. However it's a fanciful musing as there isn't anyone obvious available.

hardbaby

Coach
I'm in the 'need' corner btw. I just think that when you look at what Kasiano can do for the Dogs, and the Burgii for Souffs, well, I'd like some of that as well.

Some of that? I want lots of that. Bucket loads of mongrel. More mongrel than you can poke a stick at.

BennyV

Referee
Ps - rumour now circulating that we are looking at Matt Groat...not the ideal choice, came through juniors with Stockwell (in Aussie Schoolboys together), is bigger than Jack but I don't think he is the answer

nrlnrl

First Grade
We need someone who other teams fear when he's running or tackling. At the moment we don't have that. In the lower grades we have some promising juniors, but does anyone know of a good hard running forward who can make an impact in defence as well ?

Kem Seru seems to be very limited to under 20's unless he loses 10-15kgs & works hard on his fitness to bring it up to NRL standard.

Sam Kasiano is overweight this year, but used his bulk in short bursts effectively tonight. That was his best game in 2013 & showed if he runs onto the ball near the line he's hard to stop. Yes the Dragons defence was weak at times, but if Kasiano winds up he's going to be hard to stop in any game.

Joey_dragons

Juniors
We need a few big tuff mongrel props ASAP. Our forwards are soft, small and weak.
Creagh,hunt,ah mah,vea,prior all have to go there a waste of money.
Dragons should give an open cheque book to ben mataulino and find another forward
And sign them up.
Our forwards get bashed and bullied all the time

FlameThrower

Bench
Perhaps we can use Mr S Price, with his extensive knowledge of Samoan Rugby League....?...surely he would have bumped into at least 1 or 2 good prospects?

Latest posts