What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do we really need/want Darius Boyd ?

Do we really need/want Darius Boyd ?

• Total voters

ClintDogg

Juniors
I mean come on, we got K Gidley, and S McDonnel who play greta at Fullback. Wes can fill in there too.

Boyd would be a real waste of money. We could spend what we pay him on 2 or 3 other decent players 2 develop in other positions.

Yes hes a good player and all that, but I dont think we need him.

Talanexor

Juniors
1. Boyd
6. Henry
7. Mullen
9. Gidley

OR

1. Gidley
6. Boyd
7. Mullen
9. ?

Boyd can play anywhere from 1-6 and is awesome at all of them. If you think you're going to win a premiership with McDonnell anywhere near the spine you're dreaming.

cram

Bench
We need a game breaker, I am not sure who that is but that is what we need...someone unpredictable who can turn a game on its head in one play.

ClintDogg

Juniors
1. Boyd
6. Henry
7. Mullen
9. Gidley

OR

1. Gidley
6. Boyd
7. Mullen
9. ?

Boyd can play anywhere from 1-6 and is awesome at all of them. If you think you're going to win a premiership with McDonnell anywhere near the spine you're dreaming.

Boyd may be able too, but Gidley cant, and we r NEVER going 2 get rid of the Imbecile Gidley.

We need a game breaker, I am not sure who that is but that is what we need...someone unpredictable who can turn a game on its head in one play.

Agreed, but is Boyd that man?.

Yes and yes, we are crap.

I know we r crap, but we could get like 3 players instead of 1 in Boyd.

RHCP

Bench
Need him? Probably not. Gids is a capable fullback and Ike is a capable dummy half.

Want him? You'd be crazy not to want him.

Johns Magic

Referee
I think if we want to be a team trying to win the premiership we need him.

If we are happy to try and scrape into the 8 and get knocked out in week one of the finals if we are lucky, then he is probably surplus to requirements.

f**k getting three Keith Lulias or Mark Taufuas, let's get someone good for once.

aqua_duck

Coach
If I had to choose between Darius Boyd, and 2 rookies on minimum wage or De Gois, Paterson and Ak/ Taufua, I'd be going Boyd and the 2 rookies anyday of the week

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
As soon as it was stated that Mcdonell is a great fullback, this thread lost all its cred. We need some game breakers in the team. It's been 5 years since we had a team with the ability to be a threat in the finals.

timka4

Bench
Need him? I'm unsure, interesting too see what Wayne could do. Want him? Hell yes, who wouldn't, he has the winning attitude that our team needs

Has all the hallmarks of a gee up thread this. Boyd will be the biggest signing we have ever made. He is only the reigning churchill medalist for starters. He is also the most dangeorus game breaker in the code.

Alex28

Coach
Do people actually watch the game? We don't need someone who is probably in the top 5 players in the game? Shannon McDonnell is a good fullback?

1. Boyd.
2. McManus.
3. Sau.
4. Tahu.
5. Uate.
6. Henry/Gidley.
7. Mullen.

Is so far ahead of what we have this year its breathtaking.

chinorocks

Juniors
The 3 people that selected no must be watching another football team to me every week. Wayne Bennett is coming here to try and win a comp. That won't happen with Gidley or Jr Burger in the 1 jersey. So if your happy to scrape into 8th every year, by all means vote no and hope Boyd stays at the Dragons...

Latest posts