What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Do you care if Israel Folau returns to the NRL?

Do you care if Israel Folau returns to the NRL?

• I want him back in the NRL.

Votes: 60 17.2%
  • I don't want him back in the NRL.

Votes: 113 32.4%
  • I couldn't care less if he returns or not.

Votes: 176 50.4%

• Total voters
Im like Israel Folau. People don't know much about us and so they ostracize us. Like Israel, I’ve never fit in anywhere. I wonder if I’m on the autism spectrum or have non verbal learning disorder. Everyone has always said of me (or even told me) like they have told Izzy that I’m just too weird yet they don’t explain WHAT is weird I do or say when I ask except for 1 thing years ago & it’s that I divulge too much information about myself just like Isreal Folau has. So I consciously avoid that since but still I have no friends.. Like Israel, I don’t have any addictions, I don’t have face piercings or tattoos that might put ppl off, don’t dress weird or have weird hair. I Don’t have weird hobbies, no scandal in my past, no criminal record. So the problem is how I act but idk ......Like Israel Sometimes when I speak (if I’m really nervous) I blush, stutter& have a hard time making eye contact. I can’t help the first two but I work on eye contact all the time with hit & miss success depending who I’m talking to. I’m often at a loss for words what to say. I know my body language must be a problem but I dk what exactly so I can work on it. I also think I probably say the WRONG things like Israel Folau does sometimes, but again idk what I’m saying wrong or not saying which I should. My neighbours all avoid me, won’t even say a hi or wave back. Some even give me dirty cold looks when I greet or if I try to say something friendly (like when one is out with their dog), I’ll say something about the weather to come/are having, or “such a cute dog, what kind is he? Or even pretend Idk something & ask “is this the week for recycling pick up?” Because it picks up every other week. Nothing I try to say chatty wise gets a response. I totally understand how Israel Falou feels. He has been ostracised by society for his opinion. Yet society does see that IT IS WRONG! not Izzy.

Depending on the neighbour I’ll get totally ignored like I don’t exist so I know how Izzy feels with the NRL, Rugby Union and the vicious media & they didn’t hear me or they’ll acknowledge me with a wilting look & then ignore my comment or question. It’s very hard to deal with this every. single. day. Family has nothing to do with me either. Not for anything I’ve done. No falling out or anything either. I am left out of everything news wise or gatherings wise. The few who had me on their fb have unfriended me since the last election because I post political things they don’t like just like Israel Falou.

I’m embarrassed that I’m childless & single. I’ve been asked by several people in my history if I’m gay. Which I’m not so that makes me feel even more like a freak because I wonder if others assume so too. It sucks being a weird outsider so I know how Israel Falou feels. I’m also the “weird one” wherever I work just like Izzy. I try hard to be pleasant & compliment but the range of treatment is bad. From total ostracism to outright cruelty. Just like what has happened to Israel Falou. Still I keep acting like things they’ve done didn’t happen & like today is a new clean slate.

What I have noticed is that this mob behavior spreads like a cancer. It’s bled from the origin – my family into the second and third community I have lived in. I know what it feels like to be oustracised like Izzy Falou.

I actually had lunch with a friend and i told her of this growing “problem” and the pain it caused. this is a friend I have gone through the fire with. She asked “well, what do you do to make that happen?” she seemed equally mystified and felt my pain. then SHE vanished too not before she overtly compared me to Tonja Harding! That is one I’ve meditated on. It seems a requirement that we go inside. No wonder. I have been a successful professional, charismatic of a sort. It seemed that everything I did got the mob’s approval. But that slowly eroded away. Remember when Isreal Falou was the knig of the NRL, the knig of Rugby Union and now?!?!?!? How painful is that for him. People dont care how much they abuse him, he is an open target for the mob and the mob are BAD, BAD, BAD

I recently lost my mentor and best friend who stuck with me through decades of trials that both of us endured. just in the last few months but as he saw the mob grow became wary, then critical, then abusive, so I had to end a friendship that I valued most.

I know that I’ve done nothing to lose these people. I paid careful attention to how I interacted with them. these are people I grew up with, who I joked with, who I grieved with. I did not lose respect for them but I was aware of the process. I won’t take responsibility for their cowardice. they listened to the mob. but it begs the question: why?

Saxon

Bench
Im like Israel Folau. People don't know much about us and so they ostracize us. Like Israel, I’ve never fit in anywhere. I wonder if I’m on the autism spectrum or have non verbal learning disorder. Everyone has always said of me (or even told me) like they have told Izzy that I’m just too weird yet they don’t explain WHAT is weird I do or say when I ask except for 1 thing years ago & it’s that I divulge too much information about myself just like Isreal Folau has. So I consciously avoid that since but still I have no friends.. Like Israel, I don’t have any addictions, I don’t have face piercings or tattoos that might put ppl off, don’t dress weird or have weird hair. I Don’t have weird hobbies, no scandal in my past, no criminal record. So the problem is how I act but idk ......Like Israel Sometimes when I speak (if I’m really nervous) I blush, stutter& have a hard time making eye contact. I can’t help the first two but I work on eye contact all the time with hit & miss success depending who I’m talking to. I’m often at a loss for words what to say. I know my body language must be a problem but I dk what exactly so I can work on it. I also think I probably say the WRONG things like Israel Folau does sometimes, but again idk what I’m saying wrong or not saying which I should. My neighbours all avoid me, won’t even say a hi or wave back. Some even give me dirty cold looks when I greet or if I try to say something friendly (like when one is out with their dog), I’ll say something about the weather to come/are having, or “such a cute dog, what kind is he? Or even pretend Idk something & ask “is this the week for recycling pick up?” Because it picks up every other week. Nothing I try to say chatty wise gets a response. I totally understand how Israel Falou feels. He has been ostracised by society for his opinion. Yet society does see that IT IS WRONG! not Izzy.

Depending on the neighbour I’ll get totally ignored like I don’t exist so I know how Izzy feels with the NRL, Rugby Union and the vicious media & they didn’t hear me or they’ll acknowledge me with a wilting look & then ignore my comment or question. It’s very hard to deal with this every. single. day. Family has nothing to do with me either. Not for anything I’ve done. No falling out or anything either. I am left out of everything news wise or gatherings wise. The few who had me on their fb have unfriended me since the last election because I post political things they don’t like just like Israel Falou.

I’m embarrassed that I’m childless & single. I’ve been asked by several people in my history if I’m gay. Which I’m not so that makes me feel even more like a freak because I wonder if others assume so too. It sucks being a weird outsider so I know how Israel Falou feels. I’m also the “weird one” wherever I work just like Izzy. I try hard to be pleasant & compliment but the range of treatment is bad. From total ostracism to outright cruelty. Just like what has happened to Israel Falou. Still I keep acting like things they’ve done didn’t happen & like today is a new clean slate.

What I have noticed is that this mob behavior spreads like a cancer. It’s bled from the origin – my family into the second and third community I have lived in. I know what it feels like to be oustracised like Izzy Falou.

I actually had lunch with a friend and i told her of this growing “problem” and the pain it caused. this is a friend I have gone through the fire with. She asked “well, what do you do to make that happen?” she seemed equally mystified and felt my pain. then SHE vanished too not before she overtly compared me to Tonja Harding! That is one I’ve meditated on. It seems a requirement that we go inside. No wonder. I have been a successful professional, charismatic of a sort. It seemed that everything I did got the mob’s approval. But that slowly eroded away. Remember when Isreal Falou was the knig of the NRL, the knig of Rugby Union and now?!?!?!? How painful is that for him. People dont care how much they abuse him, he is an open target for the mob and the mob are BAD, BAD, BAD

I recently lost my mentor and best friend who stuck with me through decades of trials that both of us endured. just in the last few months but as he saw the mob grow became wary, then critical, then abusive, so I had to end a friendship that I valued most.

I know that I’ve done nothing to lose these people. I paid careful attention to how I interacted with them. these are people I grew up with, who I joked with, who I grieved with. I did not lose respect for them but I was aware of the process. I won’t take responsibility for their cowardice. they listened to the mob. but it begs the question: why?

Nah, there's a big difference. You're just a guy/girl with problems trying to do the best you can. I wish you the best.
Folau is a money grubbing merkin who tries to hide his hateful prejudices behind a holier-than-thou god bothering façade. Like so many happy clapper type so-called Christians who follow the Doctrine of Prosperity, he is happy to pick and choose those bible passages which suit him. He picks up the 'gay is bad' bit, but ignores the no tattoos. He denounces drunkards (conveniently ignoring his own history as a piss head) but misses the key points that Jesus was big on like forgiveness, love thy neighbour and charity.
If there is a God*, I hope he has a special Hell for hypocrites like Folau.

gUt

Coach

TLDR lol

_Johnsy

Referee

Have you just eaten worms?

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
At this point I don’t really care if he comes back, he got dragged hard for his previous stupidity, if he repeats it he’ll just get sacked again by whoever signs him or he might learn a lesson and keep his gob shut. I’d be filthy if my team signed him though, and I’d be cheering to see him put on his arse every time we played him.

Nah, there's a big difference. You're just a guy/girl with problems trying to do the best you can. I wish you the best.
Folau is a money grubbing merkin who tries to hide his hateful prejudices behind a holier-than-thou god bothering façade. Like so many happy clapper type so-called Christians who follow the Doctrine of Prosperity, he is happy to pick and choose those bible passages which suit him. He picks up the 'gay is bad' bit, but ignores the no tattoos. He denounces drunkards (conveniently ignoring his own history as a piss head) but misses the key points that Jesus was big on like forgiveness, love thy neighbour and charity.
If there is a God*, I hope he has a special Hell for hypocrites like Folau.

Jesus, Jesus Help Me! i'm alone in this world.. and a stuffed up world it is too!

Tell me, please tell me the story, the one about eternity and the way its all meant to be.

Wake UP! Wake UP Dead MAN!!!

Have you just eaten worms?

Clive Palmer really talked about fake news and social media destroying people in his introduction of Izzy. I thought it was Mensa type stuff from Palmer. Surely he is our next PM in waiting or maybe Palmer should just be the head of the United Nations. I'd side with any maniac and Do Anything to stop the Great Reset.

Me just like Izzy except even less people listen to me
Bullying in the workplace can take many forms. Like their schoolyard counterparts, workplace bullies act in a number of ways to target their victims: ostracism, excessive criticism, removal of key duties and responsibilities, engaging co-workers to target the worker in a negative ‘campaign’ against them, denying the worker access to benefits and privileges afforded other workers, as well as not giving the worker credit for any of his or her accomplishment

Someguy

First Grade
Bullying in the workplace can take many forms. Like their schoolyard counterparts, workplace bullies act in a number of ways to target their victims: ostracism, excessive criticism, removal of key duties and responsibilities, engaging co-workers to target the worker in a negative ‘campaign’ against them, denying the worker access to benefits and privileges afforded other workers, as well as not giving the worker credit for any of his or her accomplishment

we are getting off track here but cronyism and nepotism is actually the most common form of bullying and the form of bullying that is least likely to be addressed

Vee

First Grade

That explains a lot. And I only read the first few lines.

T-Boon

Coach
If Palmer still has billions get him involved with the Titans (he should own them, just checked he is worth 9.8b). Izzy should be playing for the Titans.