What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Do you care if Israel Folau returns to the NRL?

Do you care if Israel Folau returns to the NRL?

• I want him back in the NRL.

Votes: 60 17.2%
  • I don't want him back in the NRL.

Votes: 113 32.4%
  • I couldn't care less if he returns or not.

Votes: 176 50.4%

• Total voters

AJB1102

First Grade
“There are a lot more things in life that they could be lobbying for, like [an end to] poverty and inequality and all those sort of things, rather than this."

hahaha he loves a little dig

The_Frog

First Grade
No club will attempt to register him. Not because of anything he might do or say, that is already out there and what has been said cannot be unsaid. It is because of what his detractors might do.

how would any club be able to trust him? He said he wouldn’t post his drivel anymore, then went did it again. Loose cannon is the term that comes to mind. The other side of it is he hasn’t played in the NRL for a decade. For the wages he’d command is he going to be the difference maker people think he would be? It’s not like you’re signing 2008 Israel Folau, you’re picking up a bloke the wrong side of 30 who has spent most of the last decade playing Rugby....apart from 2 years stumbling around an AFL field like a diabetic sheep.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Is anyone really stupid enough to pay a 30 year old winger that’s been out of the game for a decade $500k a year?

The_Frog

First Grade
how would any club be able to trust him? He said he wouldn’t post his drivel anymore, then went did it again. Loose cannon is the term that comes to mind. The other side of it is he hasn’t played in the NRL for a decade. For the wages he’d command is he going to be the difference maker people think he would be? It’s not like you’re signing 2008 Israel Folau, you’re picking up a bloke the wrong side of 30 who has spent most of the last decade playing Rugby....apart from 2 years stumbling around an AFL field like a diabetic sheep.
What does it matter if he does though? As David Byrne once said, say something once, why say it again? There's nothing he can say that would make things worse. The people he upset are already maximally upset. What the game and its sponsors are afraid of is what his detractors might do, not what he might do. That is why he won't be registered.

Businesses, whose sponsorship this game is dependent upon, don't give a damn about where people go when they die. They don't care about inclusiveness either, except as a means to maintain business. What they care about is brand damage and loss of profit.

Last edited:

_Johnsy

Referee
Is anyone really stupid enough to pay a 30 year old winger that’s been out of the game for a decade $500k a year?
Brisbane, I fear they would actually follow through with the signing. I for one am glad our club listened to club fans and sponsors and puled the pin.

"It is clear that israel is undoubtedly the world's number one player".

What the actual F Clive, it was clear that CP is nothing but a charlaton, what an absolute delusional twat.

_Johnsy

Referee
God giveth and God Taketh away.
bb04cfc4c001e7be4524d3f17135ff89.jpg

davi

Juniors
Linking up with Clive Palmer is a bad move. Palmer is a nuisance and a menace and his sole belief is that rich people should decide democracy.

I doubt the Broncos would be interested. They are a club with a huge fanbase and have a trademark. I hardly doubt they would jeopardise that for Israel Folau.

The thing is the goldmine that you could get signing Folau is a mirage according to Gus Gould. Gould said Folau form in English Superleague was pretty average and the negatives outweigh the positives by any club choosing to sign him.

Last Week

Bench
Linking up with Clive Palmer is a bad move. Palmer is a nuisance and a menace and his sole belief is that rich people should decide democracy.

I doubt the Broncos would be interested. They are a club with a huge fanbase and have a trademark. I hardly doubt they would jeopardise that for Israel Folau.

The thing is the goldmine that you could get signing Folau is a mirage according to Gus Gould. Gould said Folau form in English Superleague was pretty average and the negatives outweigh the positives by any club choosing to sign him.

Matt Lodge says hi.

blaza88z

Coach
If he thinks he can join an NRL club on the wing for 500k, he is kidding himself.. and with that said, I am not sure where else he can play. Haven't followed his union career but you'd think at the age of 30 he wouldn't be leaping above them like he was doing 10 years ago

Latest posts