What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Do you care if Israel Folau returns to the NRL?

Do you care if Israel Folau returns to the NRL?

• I want him back in the NRL.

Votes: 60 17.2%
  • I don't want him back in the NRL.

Votes: 113 32.4%
  • I couldn't care less if he returns or not.

Votes: 176 50.4%

• Total voters

thorson1987

Coach
Meanwhile, his gofundme campaign is in contravention to the rules around what a gofundme can be used for. The rules explicitly prohibit legal defence.

That's why he put a disclaimer in saying that he will not actually be using the funds towards his legal fees.

Iafeta

Referee
That's why he put a disclaimer in saying that he will not actually be using the funds towards his legal fees.

Lol and yet the minions still contribute. Must be hard for him rolling in his $500k Lamborghini and thinking what he will do with the gofundme monies

But given gofundme get 2.25% of all donations, they might let this one pass.

Valheru

Coach
Not a big reader I take it. Get your "news" from 30 second sound bites on the evening news no doubt. Give more consideration to ordering a counter meal than any meaningful cognitive activity - vacuous intellect and perfect fodder you are. .

Whatever you say Trotsky

Perth Red

Post Whore
Netball Australia showing how it's done.

Also, Folau was a great injection of talent into the NRL a decade ago. Now, he's on his last legs.

Let’s see her post that gays are going to hell and we’ll see how forgiving netball Sth Australia are.

Legion

Juniors
Imagine you work for a large company. You're a senior member of it. They are closing in on a deal with a large customer. You on your personal Instagram page are posting about say Nazi sympathies or some such. Large customer sees this. He lost his grandparents in the Holocaust.

He does not want to be in business with your company now. He pulls the deal and it costs the company millions.

You would be sacked.

It has nothing to do with religion.
Anti-semitism is very different to one professing their faith.
This country was built by Christians as a Christian nation. Apparently that's a crime these days.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Anti-semitism is very different to one professing their faith.
This country was built by Christians as a Christian nation. Apparently that's a crime these days.

It’s a dying faith, down from 88% to 52% of the Australia.public, it’s bigots like Folau and kiddy fiddlers like the cardinal that are killing it, that and people no longer being so naive.

ram raid

Bench
Lol and yet the minions still contribute. Must be hard for him rolling in his $500k Lamborghini and thinking what he will do with the gofundme monies

Yeah you tell how avaricious he is by the way he threw away his career speaking his mind. Jesus Christ.

Legion

Juniors
I'm referring in a tongue in cheek way to the New Covenant, which means Christians are not subject to the laws that applied to the Children of Israel and which are so often quoted by those who have no idea what they are talking about in order to clumsily attempt to denigrate Christians. The thing about tattoos is a prime example.

By the way, Christians believe Jesus was/is God. You can believe whatever you want.

My fathers a lay-preacher so I know exactly what Christians believe in the modern era.

You believe that Jesus is God because that's what you've been taught to believe.
Had you been an early Christian or an actual student of the Rabbi himself, then you would have believed that Jesus was a man because that's what you would have been taught.

I'm not against Christianity, far from it. It's a part of our culture that the Leftards are intent to destroy. I'm against false teachings.
For Christianity to survive, ALL churches need to come clean & admit to past deeds.
Then & only then will we see a resurgence & strong thriving churchs.

If you're at all interested in learning what Jesus actually taught, a good place to start is with the Cathars.
The Pope saw them as such a threat that he ordered their annihilation. It was evil deeds such as this that led to Protestantism.

Legion

Juniors
It’s a dying faith, down from 88% to 52% of the Australia.public, it’s bigots like Folau and kiddy fiddlers like the cardinal that are killing it, that and people no longer being so naive.

Yes it is. The Catholic church has much to answer for. They've got a history of protecting pedophile priests, covering up their crimes, either denial or paying hush money, then moving sicko priests to fresh hunting grounds.

Every single pedophile priest needs to be defrocked as a matter-off-course & sent to prison for many years.
As much as I dislike the arrogant, bombastic Cardinal Pell; that court case was a total set-up. One witnesses story was clearly fictional.
I'm not interested in a token sacrificial lamb, I want those who abused kids to be put behind bars.

Legion

Juniors
So if I walk into the office tomorrow, put up a swastika at my desk, and express Aryan race superiority, that’ll be ok. Because as you say, I’m just expressing my opinion, right?

Oh you mean like how indigenous people are encouraged to do the same?

Legion

Juniors
An exasperated Liz Ellis and Peter FitzSimons have spoken out about Israel Folau’s

GoFundMe campaign which has now exceeded the $650k mark.

“Hundreds of thousands of dollars in donations have its way into Israel

Folau’s GoFundMe account, this morning it had tipped just over $600,000,” Ellis said on Nine’s Sports Sunday.

That statement led to FitzSimons unloading over the issue and suggesting that while Folau may have had some initial support in his fight against Rugby Australia he had probably eroded much of that with his GoFundMe campaign.

“I’m the same as you, I’m exhausted by the whole thing,” FitzSimons said,

“I’ll just say this, people say Australia was divided and I think there was some truth in that. “Folau probably had 30 per cent support, I think after this GoFundMe most of Australia went ‘what, seriously?’

“That’s not what GoFundMe is for, it’s for worthy causes where the people need money and they can’t support it so they approach the community and say ‘listen, I’ve got nothing in my pockets, I’ve got a tumour can you help me?’

“I think he’s lost the Australian dressing room on this.”
Folau as it turns out may also be in direct contravention of GoFundMe’s terms and conditions.

According to the TS and Cs on their website, users may not attempt to raise money “for the legal defence of … intolerance of any kind relating to race, ethnicity, national origin, religious affiliation, sexual orientation, sex, gender or gender identity, or serious disabilities or diseases”.

Although Folau has committed no crime with his posts, he is asking for money for legal action to defend a penalty imposed because of his anti-gay social media posts.

There is also a precedent set by GoFundMe in regards to pulling campaigns that are to benefit those who are trying to raise funds in the wake of them landing in trouble for anti-gay views.

In 2015, the site shut down attempts to raise funds to defend a Christian florist in Washington and a baker in Oregon who both used faith as a justification for refusing to supply their wares to same-sex weddings and faced legal sanctions as a result.

But a source close to Folau’s legal team told Seven News they had no doubts about the campaign.

“We are absolutely confident that the campaign is 100 per cent compliant with all relevant rules and regulations,” they said.

https://www.news.com.au/sport/sport...u/news-story/dc56fa9b0545ba2c141084d74a15313d

images

And off course Fitzimmons thinks he's qualified to tell us what causes are just or not for gofundme. Leave it up to the people to decide.

ram raid

Bench
Oh you mean like how indigenous people are encouraged to do the same?

LOL. That's probably not quite fair. The swastika is a symbol of hate. It's loaded with prejudice. Non only against against non-Caucasians - also the disabled, mentally ill, unemployed etc. Any company that would allow Nazi symbols is one you would probably want to avoid.

Legion

Juniors
LOL. That's probably not quite fair. The swastika is a symbol of hate. It's loaded with prejudice. Non only against against non-Caucasians - also the disabled, mentally ill, unemployed etc. Any company that would allow Nazi symbols is one you would probably want to avoid.

True. But you do see my point, yes?
Why isn't there an Anglo/Saxon game day like the indigenous round?
Were I to wear a White Pride t-shirt, or symbols that represented my Anglo/Scandinavian ancestry, how do you think peeps would react?

ULYSSES

Juniors
My fathers a lay-preacher so I know exactly what Christians believe in the modern era.

You believe that Jesus is God because that's what you've been taught to believe.
Had you been an early Christian or an actual student of the Rabbi himself, then you would have believed that Jesus was a man because that's what you would have been taught.

Not Right
I think Peter was an early Christian and an actual student of the Rabbi. According to Matthew 16:16-17 he believed Jesus was the Christ, the son of God.
Mate your dad might be a brain surgeon but that will not make you a doctor. Read the word for yourself.