What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you want Andrew Voss back

Do you want Andrew Voss back

• Yes

Votes: 426 83.5%
  • No

Votes: 84 16.5%

• Total voters

Boganater

Juniors
I've never heard anyone say they enjoy Hadley's commentary on 9.
I think channel 9 execs have given up on pleasing viewers and care more about internal politics.
Having Vossy and Hadley back to back just reinforces how useless Hadley is, oxygen thief.

Charlie124

First Grade
While watching the cowboys bumble their way to another "one we should have won" loss tonight, I wanted to stab forks into both my eyes and my ears, listening to Hadley commentate is almost as irritating as seeing the titans play their best game of football in 2 seasons against us.

As boring as a dragons v sea eagles game is, it's still great to hear someone commentate and actually know what they're talking about in vossy.

Ron's_Mate

Bench
I was never a Voss fan, but it was refreshing to hear him call the Manly v Dragons game. Much better than Rabs. Voss & Sterlo worked well together. Only fly in the ointment was Gould with his agenda driven moaning.

AuDragon

Juniors
I was never a Voss fan, but it was refreshing to hear him call the Manly v Dragons game. Much better than Rabs. Voss & Sterlo worked well together. Only fly in the ointment was Gould with his agenda driven moaning.
Agreed!

My ears were bleeding after Ray "three-quart" Hadley's calling of the Tits-Cows game.:crazy:

aads

Juniors
I think Andrew Voss made the Roast his own show - and it WAS the best league show on - he can work with anyone on there - Timtam gilbert cannot -

Yes id sign a pettition today

whall15

Coach
Hadley has definitely improved as a commentator but he still isn't very good.

I think his voice is just not suited to it tbqh.

Bretto

Bench
Boy it was tough listening to the Titans/Cowboys game last night. Hadley's actual content has improved, but he still goes on and on about stupid shit and decisions in the game that he's wrong about 90% of the time.

Watching the Dragons/Manly highlights this morning on nrl.com, it was very nice to hear the mellifluous sounds of Voss's baritone articulation.

Conversely, Hadley is like listening to one of those droning old labouror blokes who complains all the time.

no name

Coach
You can always tell who Hadley has put money on within the first set of 6.
He then continuously bags refs for decisions that go against that team. The refs don't always get it right but he craps on about it forever after it. (ie the 'knock on' off the Titans first drop out last night, still banging on nearing 1/2 time)
Half the time he gets it wrong anyway. (ie Mead touching while making a tackle, been 6 again for years, he claims Mead didn't play at it).
Soooo frustrating, at least Vossy knows the rules and doesn't show any favourtism to teams.

Mr Fourex

Bench
You are such a deadshit.

Qld was Hadley. He's still rubbish, I seem to mentally block him out a bit now.

Agree......on both comments.

Hadley was driving me into psychotic rages ......real anger, earlier in the rounds

now, he's become a bit like white noise. I'm not really listening to him at all.

+1 on all the comments liking Vossy in the Merge V Manly game.

It's a continual disgrace on the part of CH9 why he is still being over looked for Hadley

Loudstrat

Coach
Any reason why he got the gig tonight?
Yeah, that was interesting. Rabs is in London, but the way C9 were acting you would have thought they would have gone for Heather, Lemmy and Gillard before Voss.

He was great tonight. A relaxed call. He has a great league knowledge and has a good repartee with other commentators.

Hadley is still - like Charlie brilliantly put it - like sticking forks in your eyes!

Hadley was driving me into psychotic rages
Everytime you post on LU........;-)

Mr Spock!

Referee
Hadley is the worst RL commentator EVER.

Hadley, Fatty and Lewis made a great team. Didn't you love Hadley sucking up to Fatman as if he was an immortal.

Moose was frickin better. Even Won Casey and Geyer and Ikin who called the game when Voss got sick.

Bretto

Bench
Just what the f**k is a wing three quarter?

A "Winger", is part of the, "Three Quarter Line". As opposed to the "Half Line". I think. Wing Three Quarter = 2/5 & 5/5. Something like that. Someone with more knowledge can probably iron out the wrinkles. :lol:

Here you go - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rugby_league_positions.

This is quality - Hadley: And as I said yesterday, and I will repeat it again today in relation to this fellow, the gulf between Ray Warren and Andrew Voss as broadcasters is immeasurable.

Much like the gulf between yourself and actually being talented as a Rugby League commentator, Ray.

It all makes sense now. Voss's comments were distasteful, but taken out of context. Hadley has jumped on the bandwagon knowing that Voss was already on the outer with Gyngell, and basically got himself Voss's job from his comments. Good luck to him if he can get away with it. Doesn't change the fact that his skill as a Rugby League commentator is about on par with his skill as a Male Model.

Last edited:

Latest posts