What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you want Andrew Voss back

Do you want Andrew Voss back

• Yes

Votes: 426 83.5%
  • No

Votes: 84 16.5%

• Total voters

Frailty

First Grade
Voss is the best commentator in the game presently. I didn't mind Rabs, but him and Gould this year have been simply unbearable.

Voss & Sterlo are the best commentary team and they should get the majority of Channel Nine coverage.

kurtz

Juniors
Just what the f**k is a wing three quarter?

And why is the dummy half always the "acting half" according to Hadley, even if in most cases it's the hooker?

Every set in a Hadley call:
something... something... something... acting half... something... something... something... acting half... something... something... wing three-quarter... something... acting half... something... something... wing three-quarter... drone, drone, drone...

Bretto

Bench
And why is the dummy half always the "acting half" according to Hadley, even if in most cases it's the hooker?

Every set in a Hadley call:
something... something... something... acting half... something... something... something... acting half... something... something... wing three-quarter... something... acting half... something... something... wing three-quarter... drone, drone, drone...

I think it's a bit more like this:

In the set of six in this example, Norman passed the ball to Gillet, who ran for 10 meters before being tackled. On the next play, McCullough ran from dummy half and passed the ball late to Wallace who got hit in a strong tackle by Gallen.

Hadley's commentary:

"Norman passes the ball to the number 14 there for Brisbane, who takes a hit up for a gain of 10 meters. Acting half here takes a run and passes to the Brisbane number 7 who is... Wallace. Wallace is tackled hard by the Sharks player there... um... Gallen it is I think."

Thanks Ray. Just incase my television only has sound.

typicalfan

Coach
Wingers and centres are 3/4 backs. You have fullbacks, five eighths and halfbacks. The only difference between wingers and centres is one is closer to the "wing" and the other is closer to the centre.

Voss knows rugby league.

Hadley knows dribble.

:lol:

Voss >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Warren, Hadley

Voss at least calls the game. Warren spends the majority of the time giving us biographies of every player on the field and gets most of the players wrong anyway.

Hadley - don't get me started.

Bretto

Bench
On topic in very very loose terms. Alan Tounge is really good on the radio.

I actually didn't mind Alan Tongue last night. He was very impartial, congratulated the Tigers thoroughly, and offered good insight into the game. He was able to do so with articulation and conviction, and didn't stutter and stumble over every word.

I actually didn't mind Alan Tongue last night. He was very impartial, congratulated the Tigers thoroughly, and offered good insight into the game. He was able to do so with articulation and conviction, and didn't stutter and stumble over every word.

Yes it is refreshing listening to a footballer who still has a voice

AuDragon

Juniors
Yes it is refreshing listening to a footballer who still has a voice
Locky doesn't have much of a voice, but he has been pretty good in his commentary, except Friday night that is, when he blurted out a... "dictating terms" that made me pull my few remaining hairs and almost loose my shit! :crazy:

JW

Coach
Locky doesn't have much of a voice, but he has been pretty good in his commentary, except Friday night that is, when he blurted out a... "dictating terms" that made me pull my few remaining hairs and almost loose my shit! :crazy:

I'm sure Wally had a word with Locky and told him it is imperative that he points out who is dictating terms during commentary.

Bretto

Bench
I'm sure Wally had a word with Locky and told him it is imperative that he points out who is dictating terms during commentary.

That would be Raaaayyyy.

Wally really needs some new adjectives. Maybe he could try crucial, important or necessary, to indicate to the opposing team their intentions on controlling the match play?

Brutus

Referee
Vossy calling the Broncos v Knights as well.

Awesome stuff.

Who called the QLD Cup today? Peter Psaltis??