What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you want Andrew Voss back

Do you want Andrew Voss back

• Yes

Votes: 426 83.5%
  • No

Votes: 84 16.5%

• Total voters

BDR

First Grade
Vossy just tweeted that he'll be calling the Broncos/Dragons game

someone at nein must have got the memo that Hadley is terrible

Vossy just tweeted that he'll be calling the Broncos/Dragons game

someone at nein must have got the memo that Hadley is terrible

Oh yeah Vossy's back ! Vossy's back ! Vossy's back ! Now everybody dance !

tumblr_lr61k4KmYt1r2trgvo1_250.gif

ByRd

First Grade
Isn't Rabs doing the Storm game cause i remember reading he won't travel interstate as often anymore, Hadley may be calling that, may be the reason Voss is calling the Brisbane game.

j5o6hn

Juniors
Why the fascination with the ignorant overrated clown Hadley,and 2GB for that matter,I,m in the anyone but Hadley and Singo, 2GB not worth 2 bob gives me a headache and I think Hadley treats his listeners like a bunch of 5 yr olds.
Disgusting man he should stay in the gutter where he feels most comfortable

Packy

Bench
I was hoping that Hadley was sick of flying already and packed it in.

Voss seems to be milking it a bit tbh.

hellteam

First Grade
This was always going to happen when both games in the Fri night double header are not in Sydney . Rabs won't fly

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Just watched the NRL.com highlights for the NZ game...who was the commentator for that? Hilarious, loved his calls.

That'd be Dale Husband, Sky NZ seem to be going with a real grassroots feel for the League commentary this year, love the fact how our current team all have unapologetically kiwi accents, and love the way he keeps trotting out tidbits of info about where the players come from and their clubs/backgrounds etc. Apparently he used to call club games for the radio over his phone while sitting on the roof of his van, I can fully still picture him doing it :lol:

Brutus

Referee
Hadley is a woeful TV commentator. Gyngell should sack himself for demoting Voss and bringing in someone with a radio commentator/auctioneer style.

Hadley has never been a good TV talent whether commentating or sitting on footy panels. His comfort zone is a padded radio studio.

undertaker

Coach
Voss probably knew more about those players and that comp - if he didn't he would've researched it - than Rabs currently does about the NRL. I love Rabs but he's slipping.

I'd be very surprised if Rabs continued beyond this year if Ch9 retained the rights. I always thought that the London Olympics would be his swansong, considering his age (will be 69 in July) and the fact this is his first Olympics due to having regrets of missing the '84 Olympics in Los Angeles.

I will miss Rabs when he hangs up the microphone, especially everytime State of Origin comes around (as his voice is synonymous with Origin). However, I 100% agree with you: he has been on the decline for quite sometime and is not as alert/accurate in commentary as he was even 10 yrs ago.

Last edited:

j5o6hn

Juniors
Hadleys comfort zone is a padded cell with a loudspeaker constantly broadcasting his voice,he loves the sound of his voice,fact he never says anything remotley truthfull or intelligent is beside the point

Brutus

Referee
I'd be very surprised if Rabs continued beyond this year if Ch9 retained the rights. I always thought that the London Olympics would be his swansong, considering his age (will be 69 in July) and the fact this is his first Olympics due to having regrets of missing the '84 Olympics in Los Angeles.

I will miss Rabs when he hangs up the microphone, especially everytime State of Origin comes around (as his voice is synonymous with Origin). However, I 100% agree with you: he has been on the decline for quite sometime and is not as alert/accurate in commentary as he was even 10 yrs ago.

Nah... Darrell Eastlake's voice is.