What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you want Andrew Voss back

Do you want Andrew Voss back

• Yes

Votes: 426 83.5%
  • No

Votes: 84 16.5%

• Total voters

undertaker

Coach
Interesting to note that Gary Burns was the person who gave Vossy his first start in TV when Vossy joined Ch9 in 1994. Now that Burns is at Fox, do you think he'll throw him a lifeline next year (like he did with Matty Johns)?

Last edited:

Hanscholo

Bench
I am very surprised that voss was removed from both the friday night football and in particular the roast. He is a highly opinionated commentor, but a professional. The roast with MG, Voss, Gould and Matt Johns was a terrific show, most un channel nine like. I wont be watching it anymore.

I would just like to add, ray hadley is evn more hated than voss nine. You fools.

undertaker

Coach
What happened to Vossy? Who knows but about 6 months ago some right wing radio jock advised his listeners to boycott 7 news due to some perceived left wing bias. Many switched their allegiance to 9 and guess what? Hadley got a gig at nine.

Although the Rabs statue incident precipitated what's now occurred at 9 this year, Hadley had strong connections with the head honchos at 9 (Steve Crawley and David Gyngell) well before that incident. I recall not long after the current tv rights deal started in 2007, he was seen numerous times in Crawley's office and there was suggestion in the media that he'd get a commentary position but his relationship with Fatty and Sterlo at the time was what stopped Ch9 from going ahead with the move. Needless to say, 5 yrs down the track, he got the 2nd FNF match at Vossy's expense.

He's only been signed for a one year contract since this is the last year of the current tv rights deal. However, if Ch9 do get the rights again next year, I can see Ch9 extending that contract

Last edited:

undertaker

Coach
I am very surprised that voss was removed from both the friday night football and in particular the roast. He is a highly opinionated commentor, but a professional. The roast with MG, Voss, Gould and Matt Johns was a terrific show, most un channel nine like. I wont be watching it anymore.

I would just like to add, ray hadley is evn more hated than voss nine. You fools.

Besides being given the arse from his own innovation, the Sunday Roast, is it any coincidence that:

1) IN: Hadley calling the 2nd FNF match. OUT: Voss dumped from the 2nd FNF match to QLD Cup

2) IN: Hadley on a Footy Show segment "Five in the Bin". OUT: Voss dumped from the Footy Show segment "Stuff you may have missed" in favour of Brohman, who's one of Hadley's mates.

user_nat

Coach
Yes I want him back.

He is making Qld cup way more watchable though. He just described a tackle as "better than sex".

adamkungl

Immortal
Just watched the NRL.com highlights for the NZ game...who was the commentator for that? Hilarious, loved his calls.

frankthring

Juniors
Yes we want andrew back on friday night football, the roast and the footy show. channel 9 has treated him disgracefully all to accomodate that bully ray hadley who is still jealous and bitter after all those years ago when andrew left his team at radio 2UE to get the job that hadley had always wanted. Hadley hardly follows the game anymore, doesn't know the players and makes mistakes in his call. You can get away with that on radio but not on tv.

In the words of the late kerry packer when he cancelled a doug mulray program on 9, get it ( hadley ) off now!

I, my family and many friends no longer watch the nrl on channel 9 anymore, it just isn ' t the same without andrew.

Bring back vossy today!

Johns Magic

Referee
As much as I think Voss is a stuck-up wanker...he is by far the best caller at 9.

Having seen that Hadley is his replacement, I retract my previous statement and hope that Voss returns.

Doesn't mean I like him...this is more an indication of the low standards of commentators we unfortunately have to bare otherwise.

Packy

Bench
Voss was again very good for the QLD cup on Sunday.

I echo those on the Kiwi caller on Sunday. He was great to listen to.

Brutus

Referee
Come back Voss!!!

"Hadlee's a wanker"

hadlee_0612.jpg

afinalsin666

First Grade
IMO, the only caller equal to Vossy is Woz. Going from Voss to Hadley is such an unbelievable downgrade. And it is for no bloody good reason. 9 are f'ed.

eozsmiles

Bench
Voss was again very good for the QLD cup on Sunday.

I echo those on the Kiwi caller on Sunday. He was great to listen to.

Voss probably knew more about those players and that comp - if he didn't he would've researched it - than Rabs currently does about the NRL. I love Rabs but he's slipping.

Hadley wouldn't know the QLD Cup from the Brisbane Cup. He'd give a similar call though.

Latest posts