What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

• Yes

Votes: 109 48.4%
  • No

Votes: 116 51.6%

• Total voters

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I really think the only Eels fan who really wants to keep BA is Pau Pau Escobar, especially because we beat the donkeys in a final. Why not give us a few other reasons on why we should persist with Arthur Pau.
Pou will be the last to go down with the ship, at least he was on here last night commenting and fronting up. The rest of the Bea Huggy crew were MIA.

emjaycee

Coach
Probably not but they would read their own instagram feed that the club officially put out. Read some of the comments there. They are scathing. All 567. That's a fair sample.
Mate, I don't doubt that the powers that be at the Club are both aware and concerned about the current performance of the team, and the perception of fans in relation to the coaching performance. My comment was only in response to Chiefy asserting that the poll in this forum will be used by the club to make a coaching decision.

Hindmarshisgod2

Juniors
Probably not but they would read their own instagram feed that the club officially put out. Read some of the comments there. They are scathing. All 567. That's a fair sample.
Bushy is getting smashed on Facebook also. The tide has well and truly turned against him. He cannot go on from here.

Avenger

Immortal
Mate, I don't doubt that the powers that be at the Club are both aware and concerned about the current performance of the team, and the perception of fans in relation to the coaching performance. My comment was only in response to Chiefy asserting that the poll in this forum will be used by the club to make a coaching decision.
Fair enough, mate. Would you sack him? And if so Chiefy wants you to change your vote before he submits this poll to the board .

84 Baby

Referee
Pou will be the last to go down with the ship, at least he was on here last night commenting and fronting up. The rest of the Bea Huggy crew were MIA.
f**k off merkin. I was there! Although I’m considerably less huggy after past 2 weeks.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I don't necessarily want him sacked - I don't want to regress to our unprofessional years -, but changes need to be made.

Whether he takes a step back for a few weeks, and allows someone else (Carr, Murphy, Kidwell) to take over for a few weeks, whether he makes sizeable changes to the roster...I don't know.

But we cannot continue doing what we are doing.

Gazzamatta

Coach
We are short on Props. Maka Paka, given his form and stats from the 2s was surely a like for like swap for RCG. Ffs hes worth a try to tighten the middle. That said it will probably be Ray Stone.

hindy111

Post Whore
I wanted to keep BA and upgrade coach staff. But after last night I am not so sure. Let's see what side he toddles out next week. I see a cut and paste. That is my worry. He doesn't make changes. Has no ideas and the players didn't put in last night. I fear he has lost the dressing room

emjaycee

Coach
Fair enough, mate. Would you sack him? And if so Chiefy wants you to change your vote before he submits this poll to the board .
The poll doesn't really reflect that question though, does it? The poll question is whether "you want BA as coach?" not "do you want to sack BA mid contract with no known or proven replacement identified?" which seems what most posters on here are supporting.

And for clarity, my answer to the second question is No.

Noise

Coach
The poll doesn't really reflect that question though, does it? The poll question is whether "you want BA as coach?" not "do you want to sack BA mid contract with no known or proven replacement identified?" which seems what most posters on here are supporting.

And for clarity, my answer to the second question is No.
What is your answer to the first question?

hindy111

Post Whore
I think its poor taste to bag the coach. A lot of what Pou has said is correct also.

The way I see it is he gave us a shot in 2017 of taking it out. Few critical injuries cost us that season. Last year was similar however I am unsure we where a genuine threat.

But the games changed. Teams always change and perhaps BA just doesn't have the solutions to fix it. There is only a few veteran top shelf coaches who can hold it together for 10+yrs. A very tough gig. You need to be able to exploit new rules every season and be able to change the roster to suit.
Better coaches haven't lasted this long. It's just how it is in professional sport. Our next coach could be worse. That's the reality of it so as fans be prepared for that also. We may implode.

But the fact is in all the years here being 8yrs we have had 1 season where we where a legit threat for the title. 2017. We are 4 seasons on from that and I have the feeling we are sliding downhill. BA has been great for the club but his time is up. Time for the next chapter for better or worse.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I really think the only Eels fan who really wants to keep BA is Pau Pau Escobar, especially because we beat the donkeys in a final. Why not give us a few other reasons on why we should persist with Arthur Pau.
The real question is why not persist with him. Because we got flogged by a couple of quality teams? That's happened to every coach, including in the finals.

hindy111

Post Whore
Look at the NFL. Pedersen got Phili there first ever superbowl. And with his 2nd string QB they out slinged Tom Brady.
Then other sides found their weaknesses. Move forward a few yrs and he was fired. Nothing lasts forever.

Latest posts