What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

• Yes

Votes: 109 48.2%
  • No

Votes: 117 51.8%

• Total voters

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
There has been deficiencies in this side all year, but something has really gone a miss with this side in the last couple of weeks, and I don't think it is all to do with the players taking the field and the calibre of our opponents.

I suspect the players know that just front loading our effort isn't going to work any more, so they can't be arsed chasing any collisions. I suspect the players have realised themselves that maybe BA and his people arent the ones to take them to the next level.
The middle defence has collapsed these past two weeks without RCG. If you can't defend the middle you're never in the game. Look at the Bulldogs with their star attacking coach Trent Barrett.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Unless we turn form around BA is done. He won't be here based on the last 3 games. We have a min 5 games left this season. Unless we win 2 or 3 and ine of them being a finals game he will be moved on. I am confident about this.
If we shit the bed for the rest of the season then of course he’ll be under pressure.

IFR33K

Coach
The middle defence has collapsed these past two weeks without RCG. If you can't defend the middle you're never in the game. Look at the Bulldogs with their star attacking coach Trent Barrett.
We’re about to be leap frogged by a team that has 60% of its cap on the sidelines. Yet they still pick Nuffies and produce the goods. Give it up son.

Chipmunk

Coach
If that's the case, then RCG being injured is likely to cost the coach his job.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Does anyone reckon the continual picking of Bea Jr being the final straw for the playing group??? I mean they remind me of in 2018 when you can tell they didn't enjoy or have any faith in the game plan. If i was Brown i'd be filthy that little Jakey boy was given the key's to the side, you can tell they aren't a happy side Guth abusing Oppa last week is more proof.

We look broken and dispirited, i hope the board are watching because if he or any of his coaching staff are here next year they should go as well. He's not and it's not good enough. The loyal fanbase deserves better.

Of course there is its just human nature to feel a little peeved if someone close to the boss is getting favoritism. They probably wouldn't admit publically but i have no doubt its contributed. Novelty would have worn off quickly after a few losses. I didnt mind him getting a couple games mid year when dyl brown was out. At least then he knew what the standard was at that level. He could go back improve in NSW Cup and bulk up a bit more in the offseason.

But giving him the control of the team when we are pushing for a top 4 spot in the back end of the season was ludicrous.

Our confidence is now shot since he gave his son the reins.

He could have picked matterson/cartwright/will smith/gutho or even lussick before his son in the halves.

I personally reckon i hindsight our best combination while mitch was out would have been Brown at 7 gutho at 6 and will smith at 1.

Eelectrica

Referee
We can still have a successful season this year. Just need to find the right buzz words.
We tried front loading our energy and that didn't work, but it doesn't mean we don't stop trying to find the right combo.

Things like synergistic execution in attack.
or Dynamically adapt to the situation
Sizzling ball movement. I like sizzling, it's got two 'z's and anything with an X or Z is automatically better.
Wait...I think I got it. How about Zynergistic Execution. We'll be unstoppable!

Hindmarshisgod2

Juniors
We can still have a successful season this year. Just need to find the right buzz words.
We tried front loading our energy and that didn't work, but it doesn't mean we don't stop trying to find the right combo.

Sizzling ball movement. I like sizzling, it's got two 'z's and anything with an X or Z is automatically better.
Only problem is, bushy won't be able to pronounce it.

chiefy1

Bench
Do you reckon the Board read this blog and go, "shit, 139 people on an internet forum wants us to sack the coach, get onto it MON".

I really think the only Eels fan who really wants to keep BA is Pau Pau Escobar, especially because we beat the donkeys in a final. Why not give us a few other reasons on why we should persist with Arthur Pau.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Do you reckon the Board read this blog and go, "shit, 139 people on an internet forum wants us to sack the coach, get onto it MON".
If you reckon it’s just a few disgruntled fans in this place you are flicking your your bean.

The tide has well and truly turned I’d argue the majority of the fanbase want him gone now, and if the board are half competent they won’t need to listen to the fans to see what needs doing. But but but but the players are untalented and lazy lol.

hineyrulz

Post Whore

Maybe Bea can coach a High Octane AFLX team after we finally punt his arse???