What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

• Yes

Votes: 109 48.4%
  • No

Votes: 116 51.6%

• Total voters

hindy111

Post Whore
The real question is why not persist with him. Because we got flogged by a couple of quality teams? That's happened to every coach, including in the finals.

The fact is we are regressing. Read my post above about my view on the situation. He has given it a red hot go. Do you feel like he is evolving as a coach? I wouldn't be surprised ifnour next coach is worse. Higher chance he will be.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Pou will be the last to go down with the ship, at least he was on here last night commenting and fronting up. The rest of the Bea Huggy crew were MIA.
I won't be going down with any ship. I supported Kearney, Stuart and Arthur's and I'll support the next guy and the guy after that. I won't pretend I know something they don't.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
TiI won't be going down with any ship. I supported Kearney, Stuart and Arthur's and I'll support the next guy and the guy after that. I won't pretend I know something they don't.
titanic night GIF

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Bushy is getting smashed on Facebook also. The tide has well and truly turned against him. He cannot go on from here.
I just got back on Facebook after ten years away. All my smartest friends either deleted their accounts or they never post anymore. I don't expect the board will be too concerned about the opinion of our dumbest fans, even if that's most of our fans. Footy fans don't know what's required to win footy matches. They think sacking coaches is a quick fix ffs.

Hindmarshisgod2

Juniors
I just got back on Facebook after ten years away. All my smartest friends either deleted their accounts or they never post anymore. I don't expect the board will be too concerned about the opinion of our dumbest fans, even if that's most of our fans. Footy fans don't know what's required to win footy matches. They think sacking coaches is a quick fix ffs.
So you're saying the club should persist with him till the end of next year where he has clearly lost the players and is out of ideas,?, and miss out again, on a proven supercoach in Wayne Bennett

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I wanted to keep BA and upgrade coach staff. But after last night I am not so sure. Let's see what side he toddles out next week. I see a cut and paste. That is my worry. He doesn't make changes. Has no ideas and the players didn't put in last night. I fear he has lost the dressing room
How many changes did Bennett make after a couple of fifty point floggings?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Our fans might not know what Le required to win footy matches but neither does our coach.

Front front Load Effort effort areas!!!!! Chase chase collision derrrrrrrrrrrrrpppppppppppp!!!!!

chiefy1

Bench

Monto, are you even watching the games ? Why do the eels always rush up in defense mate ? Why do we take 3 settlers most times when attacking the line ?
It's obvious, Arthur is the common denominator.
Why are we shit at developing players -

it all points to one person - Brad Arthur.

chiefy1

Bench

Monto, are you even watching the games ? Why do the eels always rush up in defense mate and usually get caught out.? Why do we take 3 settlers most times when attacking the line ?
It's obvious, Arthur is the common denominator.
Why are we shit at developing players -

BA can't even get the basics right let alone work out a gameplan for the opposition.
He's an effort based coach but fatigue throughout the season means effort will slowly dwindle as players are more fatigued.

it all points to one person - Brad Arthur.

Arthur has one of the best Junior bases to work with in the comp, yet nearly every other coach is developing more players than this dope.

Arthur is a failure.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Probably not but they would read their own instagram feed that the club officially put out. Read some of the comments there. They are scathing. All 567. That's a fair sample.
Not being super techno savvy, how would one read those?

Avenger

Immortal

Common themes said by all.

Same old, we fade out, mentality weak, Dylan Brown hasn't progressed. BA should do something to change things around. Put D Brown at fullback and Gutherson at 6.

We will be the main news in the next month. He's gone if we continue to slide.

5 min 30sec it starts.

#abouttime

Last edited:

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Girder also said:

“That confirmed for me that they don’t have the roster to go on and win a premiership. They haven’t for the last couple of years.

“Everyone says it is pressure and it is big moments and they don’t handle it and they fall away at this time of year.

“I just believe they don’t have a roster good enough to compete with definitely the top two sides and if you are not calling Souths one of the top three all of a sudden after nine in a row and the performances they are putting in then surely they are very close to it.

“Parramatta just at this point in time they don’t have the cattle. They don’t have the experience at the back end of the year and in representative games that you need to stand up in the moments in those games.

Avenger

Immortal
Girder also said:

“That confirmed for me that they don’t have the roster to go on and win a premiership. They haven’t for the last couple of years.

“Everyone says it is pressure and it is big moments and they don’t handle it and they fall away at this time of year.

“I just believe they don’t have a roster good enough to compete with definitely the top two sides and if you are not calling Souths one of the top three all of a sudden after nine in a row and the performances they are putting in then surely they are very close to it.

“Parramatta just at this point in time they don’t have the cattle. They don’t have the experience at the back end of the year and in representative games that you need to stand up in the moments in those games.

But he's had nearly a decade to build the side. And if you ask BA himself he reckons we have the side that can still win the title.

So is he shit or delusional?

Please get the f**k out of here. You, Pou and Girdler.

Avenger

Immortal

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
So you're saying the club should persist with him till the end of next year where he has clearly lost the players and is out of ideas,?, and miss out again, on a proven supercoach in Wayne Bennett
I suspect Bennett is out of our price range. Do you understand Arthur's is cheaper than most coaches? The board aren't f**king idiots. They know the best coaches cost the most money. If they wanted a better coach they wouldn't have signed our current one so cheaply. They would have upped their budget and signed one to match.

If we replace Arthur's it won't be with a coach any of the rich clubs want. It'll be Green, Maguire or Flanagan. And I'd be happy with them.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Is he shit or delusional?

I say, he isn't good enough. Stale and run out of ideas.

He isn’t going to say, we are f**ked and the season is over. Response is as expected.

and BA has gotten the side out of similar shitty situations before, 2017 start, 2019 season (and not saying this is reason for the club to keep him).

I say there is still a pretty good chance we still make it to week 2 of the finals….so not all is lost just yet (but of course winning the comp is a long shot)….

Latest posts