What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

• Yes

Votes: 106 49.3%
  • No

Votes: 109 50.7%

• Total voters

hindy111

Post Whore
We played two games in the finals. How didnI rate it?
Excellent against the Panthers. I thought our win against the Knights was quite scrappy and ordinary. Pou says don't base things on one game. I certainly am not. But I felt we are heading in the right direction. It isn't like the top two sides play a much different style. The sides that do are Souths and Manly. Amd I still feel their style is very hit and miss.

hindy111

Post Whore
Do you think we were dudded and should have won that game?

Yes and no. I mean we still needed to score. And Penriths defense is ace. Storm had chance today with a set on the line.
Did we have chances to win it? Yes we did. We had multiple shots on their line in the last 5-10mins. We didn't get close tbh. Yes we copped some bad calls. But we still had chances to score and win it at the death.

IFR33K

Coach
We played two games in the finals. How didnI rate it?
Excellent against the Panthers. I thought our win against the Knights was quite scrappy and ordinary. Pou says don't base things on one game. I certainly am not. But I felt we are heading in the right direction. It isn't like the top two sides play a much different style. The sides that do are Souths and Manly. Amd I still feel their style is very hit and miss.

It’s great we finally put in a decent showing in week 2 of the finals. I do see us heading in the right direction, to be a strong club for a long time. But it’s taken us a while to (almost) get there, and we’re still seeing some odd decisions by BA. I’m still not convinced we’ll win the big one under BA thou.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Yes and no. I mean we still needed to score. And Penriths defense is ace. Storm had chance today with a set on the line.
Did we have chances to win it? Yes we did. We had multiple shots on their line in the last 5-10mins. We didn't get close tbh. Yes we copped some bad calls. But we still had chances to score and win it at the death.
Thats my view as well.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
It’s great we finally put in a decent showing in week 2 of the finals. I do see us heading in the right direction, to be a strong club for a long time. But it’s taken us a while to (almost) get there, and we’re still seeing some odd decisions by BA. I’m still not convinced we’ll win the big one under BA thou.
I'm still not convinced we'll win the big one under anyone.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
This might sound funny and could result in some laughing emojis but having watched Penrith v Storm I feel we were closer this year than we've been in many years.

We have the game to beat both of those merkins and proved so on multiple occasions. We also didn't shit the bed when it matters so I don't feel that is an issue like it has been.

Just need to be more consistent throughout the season and play with the same intensity and I think we could surprise people next year.

Still concerned about our attack. If we can get that sharper next year we will be formidable.

I predict a PF finish.

lucablight

First Grade
This might sound funny and could result in some laughing emojis but having watched Penrith v Storm I feel we were closer this year than we've been in many years.

We have the game to beat both of those merkins and proved so on multiple occasions. We also didn't shit the bed when it matters so I don't feel that is an issue like it has been.

Just need to be more consistent throughout the season and play with the same intensity and I think we could surprise people next year.

Still concerned about our attack. If we can get that sharper next year we will be formidable.

I predict a PF finish.
Don’t see that as laughable at all. I think we already showed that at our best we are up there with the top teams. I think our lack of attacking finesse held us back this season or we could be the ones in the grand final right now.

IFR33K

Coach

I predict a PF finish.

Maybe closer to those two teams mentioned, but I’d think for some reason south’s would have us easily covered.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member

I predict a PF finish.
Yep, our style is suitable for the finals (and we now have a solid group of forwards) and our attack should be better next year because our spine will be more experienced (especially Drown/Mahoney) and we finally will have a few youngsters in our back line …….

it’s very exciting!!

IFR33K

Coach
Agreed. We struggle against them.

However, I think they'll come back to the pack next year without Bennett and Reynolds.

I hear you but many have been saying the same about the storm, when they lost Cronk, then slater and then smith. Yet they’re still there.

If we’re to continue to improved we need Drown to step up and play a role in attack

King-Gutho94

Coach
Agreed. We struggle against them.

However, I think they'll come back to the pack next year without Bennett and Reynolds.
Yep i agree Souths premiership window is probably closed after this year.

Reynolds is a bigger loss then everyone thinks he will be. Cody walker wont be the same threat without a organizing 7 next year.

Cook is another year under his belt

Demetriou is still unproven as coach. And teams tend to struggle post bennett. No team has improved since he left

I still expect them to make finals but think they will be in the bottom half of the 8.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Yep i agree Souths premiership window is probably closed after this year.

Reynolds is a bigger loss then everyone thinks he will be. Cody walker wont be the same threat without a organizing 7 next year.

Cook is another year under his belt

Demetriou is still unproven as coach. And teams tend to struggle post bennett. No team has improved since he left

I still expect them to make finals but think they will be in the bottom half of the 8.
We will f**k them in the rabbit hole when we play them in 22. Latrell will be calling for his momma.

emjaycee

Coach

I predict a PF finish.
I only did the laughing emoji thingy so you weren't disappointed with your prediction.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I hear you but many have been saying the same about the storm, when they lost Cronk, then slater and then smith. Yet they’re still there.
It shows it isn't just the players they've got that makes them strong, it's the ability to get the players they need that makes them strong year after year after year. As long as the Chooks and Souths keep spending the way they do, they will likewise stay strong, no matter who leaves. If we are becoming the same type of club we won't have to worry about losing merkins like Mahoney and Papali'i to bigger offers. We will be able to replace them.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Cleary played Cleary with the same doggy shoulder in a nothing game. That was just luck…..
Cleary isnt required to make 50 tackles in the middle each week. He was also away from the game longer. Injurys are impossible to compare. Rheed admitted it was known the shoulder wouldnt hold, it was a matter of when not if.
Chalk and cheese.

hineyrulz

Post Whore

I predict a PF finish.
Predictable fail??? Stop being so negative merkin FFS!!

Latest posts