What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you want Chris Sandow at Parra?

Do you want Chris Sandow at Parra?

• Total voters

mrpwnd

Bench
Too expensive for what mate? Is it just that you don't like him and don't want him earning that much money?

$250k isn't much for a halfback. The top-line halves are on twice that, and Sandow's better than half as good as them.

As a few people have pointed out, Sandow has enough talent that he could be an instant success next year. None of the other young halves mentioned offer that possibility - they're likely to become just another Brad Murray.
For mine, it's all about his attitude and the way he applies himself to the game.

He lets himself down by being an arrogant little turd that enjoys carrying on like a tool and it shows when he has a few shockers here and there.

TBH, I don't have the confidence that he'll get rid of it when he comes to Parra, although working alongside Hindy could work some wonders. I'm kinda split 50/50 on whether to give him money or not, renowned asshole but quite the genuine talent I admit.

spartan2153

Juniors
Too expensive for what mate? Is it just that you don't like him and don't want him earning that much money?

$250k isn't much for a halfback. The top-line halves are on twice that, and Sandow's better than half as good as them.

As a few people have pointed out, Sandow has enough talent that he could be an instant success next year. None of the other young halves mentioned offer that possibility - they're likely to become just another Brad Murray.

your right the top line halfbacks are double that but there is a reason. They are top line halfbacks. Unfortunately sandow is not or will not be in that bracket. He is a upgrade on what we have but more than 250k for a kid who is not being shown much love from anyother club apart from our own is way way to much

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
For mine, it's all about his attitude and the way he applies himself to the game.

He lets himself down by being an arrogant little turd that enjoys carrying on like a tool and it shows when he has a few shockers here and there.

TBH, I don't have the confidence that he'll get rid of it when he comes to Parra, although working alongside Hindy could work some wonders. I'm kinda split 50/50 on whether to give him money or not, renowned asshole but quite the genuine talent I admit.

Thurston and Johns and Hayne and Slater and a few others are arogant cocky turds as well

We have money - and big money. We need to spend it on a big player like Cronk - spend $400K a year on him, he is worth it.

mrpwnd

Bench
Thurston and Johns and Hayne and Slater and a few others are arogant cocky turds as well
But they're all freaks, so it's a good enough compromise that most people don't care.

Sandow is still in the class of 'potential talent', he can carry on all he likes if he reaches their level though.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
We have money - and big money. We need to spend it on a big player like Cronk - spend $400K a year on him, he is worth it.

$400k? lol

Cronk's not even in the elite category of halves (it's Marshall and Thurston alone in that group) and he'd still want $600k+ to leave Melbourne.

It's the blokes in that next level down we should be aiming at, and Sandow's in that group - guys like Wallace, Soward, Finch and Mullen. Bear in mind Mullen looks like he's fulfilling his potential and joining Cronk's level of halves (with Pearce, Prince and those guys).

Given his age and talent, it's possible Sandow could end up in that group too at some stage, though even if he doesn't he's still better than Robson/Mortimer (I prefer the term 'Rortsimer').

Eels Dude

Coach

He's already on 500k at Melbourne... so if he does by chance have a get out clause and chooses to exercise that like Poupou said you'd think he'd want an extra 100k minumum to consider joining us.

SDM

First Grade
$400k? lol

Cronk's not even in the elite category of halves (it's Marshall and Thurston alone in that group) and he'd still want $600k+ to leave Melbourne.

It's the blokes in that next level down we should be aiming at, and Sandow's in that group - guys like Wallace, Soward, Finch and Mullen. Bear in mind Mullen looks like he's fulfilling his potential and joining Cronk's level of halves (with Pearce, Prince and those guys).

Given his age and talent, it's possible Sandow could end up in that group too at some stage, though even if he doesn't he's still better than Robson/Mortimer (I prefer the term 'Rortsimer').

I would go with 'Mortson'.

caylo

Bench
He's already on 500k at Melbourne... so if he does by chance have a get out clause and chooses to exercise that like Poupou said you'd think he'd want an extra 100k minumum to consider joining us.

Maybe not, it was speculated that he was on $350K and after finding out about the scandles and what guys like Smith, Slater and Inglis were beig payed he was very annoyed and hence the rumours that he wanted out. Since then Cronk may have had an upgrade to his contract but he could very well still be earning 350K a year and looking for a big pay day once he is off contract

eels81236

Bench
The fat kid at Sevo isn't far behind Sandow. He will play for a Mars bar per week. Fun size!

Last edited:

Eels Dude

Coach
Maybe not, it was speculated that he was on $350K and after finding out about the scandles and what guys like Smith, Slater and Inglis were beig payed he was very annoyed and hence the rumours that he wanted out. Since then Cronk may have had an upgrade to his contract but he could very well still be earning 350K a year and looking for a big pay day once he is off contract

Actually from what I recall Cronk was and still is receiving 500k a season but about 125k of that was under the table payments so he was on 500k but only listed as 375k under the cap... whereas the rest of the fab 4 were listed as about 500k under the salary cap but actually recieiving about 650k. THAT is probably why he was pissed off if he actually was but that's just a rumour he's pissed off there's been no

The lure of staying with a successful side and hanging onto his rep jerseys (earning match payments via the QRL and the ARL in the process totalling up to 60k) would mean 500k is easily worth staying at the Storm.