What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you want Chris Sandow at Parra?

Do you want Chris Sandow at Parra?

• Total voters

Parra

Referee
Sandow is not an organiser.

We need a half who can direct the game. Every club does. Souths don't have one and neither do we. Maybe we could sign him as a 6. Buy we'd still need a good 7.

hindy111

Post Whore
I normaly would feel guilty but...hmm we have lost our fair share of juniors and souths prehaps could of looked down the track before going for inglis.If you loose him then only have the management to blame

Agent Mulder

Bench
Tim Smith? I watched him the other day on Fox Sports playing park football for Cronulla against Newtown.

He did nothing!

What makes you think he is our answer when he can't even crack it for a jersey for Cronulla FFS.

Parra03

Juniors
Tim Smith? I watched him the other day on Fox Sports playing park football for Cronulla against Newtown.

He did nothing!

What makes you think he is our answer when he can't even crack it for a jersey for Cronulla FFS.

I am sure Tim Smith will be better than the crap we have in our halves !! Can't wait to c the kids tomorrow without their guardian !! Hoping that they grow up without him !!

yy_cheng

Coach

He did nothing!

can't i live in 2005? it's better than 2010-2011.

Just watch the 2005 games each week instead of the 2011 games each week. It makes you feel better.

I know he's crap in defence but I still reckon he'll offer more than robbo. If he just get's a chance and focuses.

I know wishful thinking

mrpwnd

Bench
can't i live in 2005? it's better than 2010-2011.

Just watch the 2005 games each week instead of the 2011 games each week. It makes you feel better.

I know he's crap in defence but I still reckon he'll offer more than robbo. If he just get's a chance and focuses.

I know wishful thinking
I wouldn't mind him back, purely for the sake of the nostalgic feeling of success and desperation. I'm sure my opinion will change when I found out how out of it he is and how little he has to offer atm.

MisterB

Juniors
I would have to say NO!!! We might as well sign Michael Ennis as well!!! I'll put aside the fact that I don't like him as a player and look at what he has done. He has the best Forward Pack in the NRL in front of him (they really) and their backline isnt too shabby especially with Inglis, Souths on paper should be dominating this league. With the room that these forwards give Sandow should be giving his backs tries left right and centre. If he can't lead these guys how do you think he'll go with our boys.

Now I'm not knocking our boys but our backline needs retouching up. I'm still bemused by the signing of Whatuira, Walker, Hicks this year??? Our forward pack could be as good as all if we were all healthy. We need a lot more speed and creativity than what Sandow can offer.

I really hope we do not sign him. Can someone please tell Paul Osbourne not to sign him and go back to talking to Quade Cooper!!!

ParraSteve

Juniors
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/n...o-rich-eels-deal/story-e6frfgeo-1226043531912

Why Chris Sandow's on the way to rich Eels deal

466575-nrl-chris-sandow.jpg

Huge offer: Wayne Bennett has encouraged the Parramatta Eels to sign Souths halfback Chris Sandow. Picture: Brett Costello Source: The Daily Telegraph

WAYNE Bennett has emerged as a surprise driver behind Parramatta's strong bid to poach Chris Sandow, with the supercoach encouraging Eels management to chase the fiesty Rabbitohs half.

The Daily Telegraph can reveal Bennett heartily endorsed Sandow to Parramatta Eels coach Stephen Kearney and recruitment boss Peter Nolan, prompting Parramatta to offer the 22-year-old a rich three-year contract worth $800,000.
Having extended the contracts of John Sutton and Nathan Merritt this week, the South Sydney Rabbitohs are now struggling to match their rivals - leaving the Eels as odds-on favourites to finally land a high-profile No. 7.
The Eels have already secured another promising Rabbitoh in centre Junior Vaivai, and are also close to signing Roosters back-rower Tom Symonds.
Rabbitohs co-owner Russell Crowe and incoming coach Michael Maguire remain keen to keep Sandow at Redfern, but he's expected to announce his defection in the days after tonight's game against the Bulldogs.

Sandow was also waiting on the birth of his second child to finalise his future, and the new arrival came on Thursday.
Sandow has previously expressed a desire to see out his career at Souths, but Parramatta's offer appears too good to refuse.

Parramatta CEO Paul Osborne refused to comment on the club's recruitment when contacted last night.

However, sources have confirmed Bennett played a substantial role in convincing Kearney and Nolan to seriously consider Sandow as the key to solving Parramatta's generation-long halves woes.
Bennett shares a close relationship with both Eels officials, having helped Kearney guide New Zealand to World Cup glory in 2008 and worked alongside Nolan at the Broncos.

Satisfied with the current halves at Newcastle, the incoming Knights coach chose not to chase Sandow personally, but it's understood Bennett would have done so had he returned to Brisbane.

Bennett has made it known to close friends that he sees Sandow as a future Queensland half, and he was last year enlisted into the Maroons' emerging Origin squad.

With incumbent No. 7 Jeff Robson almost certain to be released, the Eels had been looking at Warriors half James Maloney and Wallaby playmaker Quade Cooper as possible recruits.

Despite a $600,000-a-year carrot, they struck out on Cooper last year, as well as veterans Matt Orford and Brett Kimmorley.

Prodigal code hopper Craig Gower was shopped to the Eels last month, but neither Kearney nor the club's board were interested. Maloney is now expected to re-sign with New Zealand, leaving the Eels intent on landing Sandow.

Insiders at the club have been impressed with the Cherbourg product's improved talk and general control this season, as well as his deadly goal kicking.

m

IFR33K

Coach
Not keen but better then what we have.

I hope SK is eager for sandow. Seems funny to be taking advice from a rival coach.