What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do You Want Tim Back At Parramatta

Do you want Tim at Parra again

• Yes

Votes: 68 58.1%
  • No

Votes: 49 41.9%

• Total voters
Good for Tim, but good for the Club MITS ?

Depends where he plays and how he plays, If he trains with the Top 25, and plays at Wentworthville proving himself to be able to play and play well at that level then gets the call up from the coach based on how he is going comparative to those I would call next years incumbent Halves (Kris Keating and Daniel Mortimer), then he plays behind the forward pack we may well have next year, and uses his skills then he would be an asset for the club. Indeed the same could be said about any potential halfback we are thinking of signing on a 1 year small dollar value deal.

Could it also be a good news story for the club and Generate some good PR and a good feel among fans, sure, it might also be another reason for people to sink the knife into Denis, as if they needed another reason.

There are downsides, and his are well known, but then again so are some of the other potential halves we are discussing. At least with all of them

a) forewarned is forearmed
b) they will be 2nd tier players and can be cut quite quickly if they f**k it up again.

JoeyJoJo83

Juniors
I don’t understand why so many people are anti Tim Smith. I highly doubt Ando or Ossie are gonna sign him to a big deal and play him as our first choice halfback. The kid will probably be signed on a 60K contract and be our third string halfback, if KK and Morts fail to combine next year and Tim is playing well for Wenty he can then step up to first grade. If his not playing well no big deal will just be in the same boat as if we signed Robson.

Rogue.9

Juniors
I vote yet on the condition that he is informed his contract gets ripped up for any off field dramas or mental breakdowns.

caylo

Bench
I don’t understand why so many people are anti Tim Smith. I highly doubt Ando or Ossie are gonna sign him to a big deal and play him as our first choice halfback. The kid will probably be signed on a 60K contract and be our third string halfback, if KK and Morts fail to combine next year and Tim is playing well for Wenty he can then step up to first grade. If his not playing well no big deal will just be in the same boat as if we signed Robson.

The difference is that Tim has baggage, media will circle around him and be watching his every movement. This year we have had little media on our players acting bad... TT drink driving is the only off field player issue we have had. With Tim comes his history and if can prove he has moved passed it then good on him, if he cant then it could be very ugly and that is why people want to distance him from our club.

JoeyJoJo83

Juniors
The difference is that Tim has baggage, media will circle around him and be watching his every movement. This year we have had little media on our players acting bad... TT drink driving is the only off field player issue we have had. With Tim comes his history and if can prove he has moved passed it then good on him, if he cant then it could be very ugly and that is why people want to distance him from our club.

You make a good point and I understand where your coming from. But I still think it is a bit harsh not to give him a second chance, remember the off field incidents weren’t from stupidity but an illness his been battling and the people he had around him at the time weren’t doing him any favours. If this was Tod Carney fair enough from what people are saying on here he wants to make it up to Parra and having someone like PO there may give him the support he needs.

Ike E Bear

Juniors
I'd take him if the asking price was relatively modest.

With him we'd have a bit of depth, which would help to keep him focused.

I don't think Tim bears up well carrying the weight of everyone's expectations, but in a good team with plenty of attacking potential, I think he could regain some of his past form.

He'd be worth a small gamble, I reckon.

It needs to be kept in perspective too ... while he's clearly got some problems, he isn't the lunatic that Todd Carney has shown himself to be over and over again.

Yeah I'd have him back but not on big money til he proves himself again and with a get out clause if he plays up.

Latest posts