What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do You Want Tim Back At Parramatta

Do you want Tim at Parra again

• Yes

Votes: 68 58.1%
  • No

Votes: 49 41.9%

• Total voters

Hellsy

Immortal
I've had a long hard think about this, and I've decided that if we sign him back on a small modest contract and he plays alot of his time with Wenty, unless he proves he has found his superstar form again, then I am happy to sign him back. He by no means should walk back into the 1st grade squad without some Wenty game time under his belt.
I always loved Tim, and was always more worried about him and why he was doing the things he was to himself, rather than what kind of look he was portraying for the club.
In saying that though, he cannot come back and do the same things again!!! There would have to be clauses about alchohol etc. He has to show me that he has learned from his past mistakes.

I think he deserves another chance, just a chance with boundaries included!

TheRam

Coach
I've had a long hard think about this, and I've decided that if we sign him back on a small modest contract and he plays alot of his time with Wenty, unless he proves he has found his superstar form again, then I am happy to sign him back. He by no means should walk back into the 1st grade squad without some Wenty game time under his belt.
I always loved Tim, and was always more worried about him and why he was doing the things he was to himself, rather than what kind of look he was portraying for the club.
In saying that though, he cannot come back and do the same things again!!! There would have to be clauses about alchohol etc. He has to show me that he has learned from his past mistakes.

Ditto Hellsy

Casper The Ghost

First Grade

When parents do not provide a determined daily, rhythmic, nurturing standard/structure for their growing children, there is no discipline in place (no order) to develop a strong sense of belonging, thus eschewing a range of esteem, respect and confidence issues causing destruction to the children, the family and inevitably the wider community they are part of.

All the great indigenous tribes used shame when one of their own started doing harm but more importantly all members of the tribe took on the full responsibility for failing to see the problem arising and be conscious of nipping it in the bud before it blossomed. They ALL looked at themselves and said "It Was Our Fault", we were too distracted for whatever reason to notice the problem in its infancy and actually do something about it. The whole community would come together to learn from their mistakes and put in place the measures to stop it from happening again.

Tim Smith was let down "BIG-TIME" by the "supposed" community called The Parramatta Eels Football Club. Yes, we must all take full-responsibility for what we think, feel and do and here resides the real problem caused by many members of this football club community because not many of them took on the full responsibility of protecting Tim Smith, a young growing boy/man. They were too distracted to be conscious of how community members were thinking, feeling and acting which fertilised the negative/destructive influences that overtook Tim Smith.

Community is a team effort with everyone pulling together but this did not happen with Tim Smith (and others). A MAN does not fully mature to age 28 and all the members of this community above this age should have been conscious enough of the dark/destructive influences spreading amongst them and having the determination and wisdom to get rid of these dark influences forevermore.

Paul Osborne, Daniel Anderson (and others) are very good men with good hearts, who use their brains and they are now fixing the damage done to this football community, putting in place the measures that stop negative/destructive influences from sprouting again.

Community Immunity is far more important than the sport we enjoy. Lets support Paul, Daniel (and others) in recreating a great community (a tribe) that supports DO NO HARM. Community Immunity is a team effort with everyone taking full responsibility to rout out all forms of harm doing while providing the shields of immunity that will protect this club (tribe/community) from falling on to its knees again, ready to be beheaded.

We are all plants (brothers & sisters) in the community garden of life and what happens to ALL of us in this community is determined by how we ALL feel, think and do. Our community creates a Tim Smith, good or bad, successful or not, happy or depressed, etc etc. The attitudes of the children reflects the attitudes of the parents. The behaviour of members of this community reflects the collective attitudes of the whole Eels community. Garbage In Garbage Out - Love In Love Out.

Booooooo Casper
icon7.gif

cgee221

Juniors
When parents do not provide a determined daily, rhythmic, nurturing standard/structure for their growing children, there is no discipline in place (no order) to develop a strong sense of belonging, thus eschewing a range of esteem, respect and confidence issues causing destruction to the children, the family and inevitably the wider community they are part of.

All the great indigenous tribes used shame when one of their own started doing harm but more importantly all members of the tribe took on the full responsibility for failing to see the problem arising and be conscious of nipping it in the bud before it blossomed. They ALL looked at themselves and said "It Was Our Fault", we were too distracted for whatever reason to notice the problem in its infancy and actually do something about it. The whole community would come together to learn from their mistakes and put in place the measures to stop it from happening again.

Tim Smith was let down "BIG-TIME" by the "supposed" community called The Parramatta Eels Football Club. Yes, we must all take full-responsibility for what we think, feel and do and here resides the real problem caused by many members of this football club community because not many of them took on the full responsibility of protecting Tim Smith, a young growing boy/man. They were too distracted to be conscious of how community members were thinking, feeling and acting which fertilised the negative/destructive influences that overtook Tim Smith.

Community is a team effort with everyone pulling together but this did not happen with Tim Smith (and others). A MAN does not fully mature to age 28 and all the members of this community above this age should have been conscious enough of the dark/destructive influences spreading amongst them and having the determination and wisdom to get rid of these dark influences forevermore.

Paul Osborne, Daniel Anderson (and others) are very good men with good hearts, who use their brains and they are now fixing the damage done to this football community, putting in place the measures that stop negative/destructive influences from sprouting again.

Community Immunity is far more important than the sport we enjoy. Lets support Paul, Daniel (and others) in recreating a great community (a tribe) that supports DO NO HARM. Community Immunity is a team effort with everyone taking full responsibility to rout out all forms of harm doing while providing the shields of immunity that will protect this club (tribe/community) from falling on to its knees again, ready to be beheaded.

We are all plants (brothers & sisters) in the community garden of life and what happens to ALL of us in this community is determined by how we ALL feel, think and do. Our community creates a Tim Smith, good or bad, successful or not, happy or depressed, etc etc. The attitudes of the children reflects the attitudes of the parents. The behaviour of members of this community reflects the collective attitudes of the whole Eels community. Garbage In Garbage Out - Love In Love Out.

Booooooo Casper
icon7.gif

Brilliantly articulated Casper. :D

ianlovesparra

Juniors
The fans have spoken, well the ones who know about footy anyway. Bring back Tim. The fans, DA and Ossie want Tim. Some on here would still prefer Robson, a halfback who can tackle.....that's going to get us far isn't it.

Someone

Bench
some people just cant stop sucking tim smiths *edit*.

:shock:

I would take Tim back in a heart beat if he was assured to play like he did in 2005. But attutide problems and form at wigan isnt great.

Last edited by a moderator:

IFR33K

Coach
People voting yes have NFI.

What do you think will happen, if the eels resign him. Mortimer and KK, will be thinking WTF???

Is signing an out of form, alcoholic and I'll disciplined player, who may not reach his 2005 form, worth potentially loosing one of the above players, or a mateo???

TS is an overrated hack, with a very erratic passing game at best, and absolutely NO defense.

He will be a liability and create a distraction.

Bazal

Post Whore
Where is the "I can see positives and negatives to the signing and I'm happy to go with the club whether they decide yes or no" option?

SDM

First Grade

Booooooo Casper
icon7.gif

This is exactly the attitude which causes players to carry on like jerkoffs, its always someone elses fault.

TheRam

Coach
:clap:

Booooooo Casper
icon7.gif

:clap::clap::clap: Spot on again Casp.

TheRam

Coach
This is exactly the attitude which causes players to carry on like jerkoffs, its always someone elses fault.

I think you are forgetting something here. In a well structured community living by ethics, morals & principles, then paramount within that community's ethos would be to teach SELF RESPONSIBILITY. ;-)

Gazzamatta

Coach
Wow Casper...... Well you have won me. Its everyone fault. And here was silly me thinking Tim had something to do with his actions. How wrong can one person be.
Ok... Im convinced.......... I want to help change things not only for Tim but for Parramatta and indeed the NRL as a whole. I want to get involved and do my part because as you said ..... its everyones responsibility.
So ............ where is the "community" going to meet to discuss and take responsibility for what Nate Miles did in the Motel hallway.
Just let me know and Ill be there. We all will Im sure.

lingard

Coach
The fans have spoken, well the ones who know about footy anyway. Bring back Tim. The fans, DA and Ossie want Tim. Some on here would still prefer Robson, a halfback who can tackle.....that's going to get us far isn't it.

Absolutely, mate! Now you`re thinking! Good on you! :lol::lol::lol:

lingard

Coach
Wow Casper...... Well you have won me. Its everyone fault. And here was silly me thinking Tim had something to do with his actions. How wrong can one person be.
Ok... Im convinced.......... I want to help change things not only for Tim but for Parramatta and indeed the NRL as a whole. I want to get involved and do my part because as you said ..... its everyones responsibility.
So ............ where is the "community" going to meet to discuss and take responsibility for what Nate Miles did in the Motel hallway.

Well, I`ll be there with you two. So that`s me, you and Casper. We`ll change the world! Ha Ha Haaaa!!!!

lingard

Coach
Thank GOD! It`s OVER! No more talk about Tim Smith! No more brilliant passing game, or pin-point acuracy kicks, or 'it was the club`s fault for not supporting him", or "remember 2005", or "imagine how this team would fire with Tim Smith at half again", etc, etc, etc. IT`S OVER!!!!!
I am so happy! I feel like we`ve won a grand final or something! I think I`m gunna go out and get pissed!

Bazal

Post Whore

You really need to learn how to use sarcasm properly kiddo...

FTR, you're clearly just another douche who has no understanding of the issues Tim Smith has faced, and who passes that ignorance off by calling the kid a "dickhead" or similar for his actions under the influence of both a serious mental condition and at least two cancerous influences from players who are thankfully no longer at the club.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
It is not over yet...... DA still thinks highly of Tim.

I agree with you Hellsy

Nothing is certain yet but Paul Osborne is a very good poker player and there are a few players involved in this sign-up long-term game. Saying you have no interest in a particular player here & now does not mean that you have no interest in the same player down-the-line. Look at Tahu....

It appears Paul does not want to unnecessarily scare off players like Mortimer until he has been stitched up long-term, then Paul can finally stitch up players like Tim Smith if Tim is still available for little $$$$$. Playing Poker has lots to do with bluff without having to lie. You want all the players to stay in the game and you have to give them a very good reason to do so.

Showing/saying you have no interest - talking about/up other players - causes other players to drop their asking price and terms (years of contract) etc.

Showering other players with your interest/cheque-book etc keeps them interested/keen to sign on long-term etc.

One day at a time - piece by piece - you build up your squad of players who meet your budget and your players-strength requirements & depth etc.

There are many more twists and turns still to come. DA has the final say, just as Jack Gibson did, though DA respects PO opinions and they are working closely together listening intently to what each has to say and offer the other. Its a great working relationship. They truly respect each other.

Once Mortimer (and other players - two not yet on the Eels books) are sorted out (on longer contracts) they will turn their focus on Tim Smith and his shoulder as well as Kevin Kingston, Jeff Robson, Todd Lowrie, while doing what they can to relocate/off-load Oak & Horaki.

There is also a good situation now arising that Ben Smith, Eric Grothe, Luke Burt, Fui, Inu, Mateo & Cayless are not going anywhere and don't be surprised to find out the generosity of some of these players dropping their contract values to allow other players to fit in to the top 25. Even Hayne is not asking as much as has been stated in the media and in this forum. They are all keen to create a Jack Gibson like atmosphere and part of this mateship is sharing a bit of the wealth around.

There is also a slight chance that Joe will stay with the Eels as well and if he does the above (including PO & DA) had a lot to do with it, particularly the win last night over the bulldogs

Booooooo Casper
icon7.gif

Latest posts