What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do You Want Tim Back At Parramatta

Do you want Tim at Parra again

• Yes

Votes: 68 58.1%
  • No

Votes: 49 41.9%

• Total voters

caylo

Bench
You make a good point and I understand where your coming from. But I still think it is a bit harsh not to give him a second chance, remember the off field incidents weren’t from stupidity but an illness his been battling and the people he had around him at the time weren’t doing him any favours. If this was Tod Carney fair enough from what people are saying on here he wants to make it up to Parra and having someone like PO there may give him the support he needs.

Mate I agree with you, his incidences where very much blown out of proportion but that will not change and many fans will be worried that if he get drunk halfway through the season the media will be onto it even if he does nothing wrong.

I myself am split, we have two very good young halves who have performed well in stuggling teams and then there is timmy who is very skillfull player but lacks speed that these youngsters have.

My heart said bring him back, but my head said not to. Timmy will not play in wenty for to long, he is a classy player and would put alot of pressure on the young halves and they might be encouraged to leave the club and then a year later Timmy could be in england again because of media scruitany and we have to start from scratch... that would be my biggest worry

Dymock

Juniors
The difference is that Tim has baggage, media will circle around him and be watching his every movement. This year we have had little media on our players acting bad... TT drink driving is the only off field player issue we have had. With Tim comes his history and if can prove he has moved passed it then good on him, if he cant then it could be very ugly and that is why people want to distance him from our club.

Thats a very good point. I really want him back at Parra. But it would be predictable that the Telegraph's reporters and other low-lifes will start following him around. But if he is aware of the dangers it might be ok.

It would be great to see him back.

Avenger

Immortal
I would take him if he agreed before he signed the contract that he is behind Kris Keating and Mortimer and could only get the starting halfback spot on form or injury to the starting halves.

Captain BF

Juniors
I would take him if he agreed before he signed the contract that he is behind Kris Keating and Mortimer and could only get the starting halfback spot on form or injury to the starting halves.

Couldn't agree more. Incentive based contract would probably ideal. Based around number of games, behaviour, sponsors event patronage etc....

lingard

Coach
You know what I would LOVE? If people would stop talking about Tim Smith. If I was in charge of the club, I would sign Tim Smith and pay his air fare over here tonight, just to shut some of you people up! :lol:

hindy111

Post Whore
i would be happy to pay him up to 120k...Cmon guys he led the try assists in his first year than only played half and was about 7th in his 2nd year and his 3rd year he was 2nd to thurston.... Maybe use have listend to ray hadley and bob fulton too much saying he cant run the ball so its a to big a weakness.Well if he played for manly bozo wouldnt be saying that......
Short kicking game-excellent
Long kicking game-quite good
pass left to right-excellent
pass right to left- excellent
ability to spot gap-excellent
running game - poor
tackling game - average

He has more plusses than minuses-Know ones perfect-He is better than we have!

Stagger eel

Staff member
i would be happy to pay him up to 120k...Cmon guys he led the try assists in his first year than only played half and was about 7th in his 2nd year and his 3rd year he was 2nd to thurston.... Maybe use have listend to ray hadley and bob fulton too much saying he cant run the ball so its a to big a weakness.Well if he played for manly bozo wouldnt be saying that......
Short kicking game-excellent
Long kicking game-quite good
pass left to right-excellent
pass right to left- excellent
ability to spot gap-excellent
running game - poor
tackling game - average

He has more plusses than minuses-Know ones perfect-He is better than we have!

I'm glad you're not doing the negotiating on the clubs behalf....

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Something that could really throw a spanner in the works of all this is the recent meetings that club CEO's and David Gallop had. It was basically all clubs agreeing that if a club signed a repeat offender to their club, and that player stuffs up, the fine would be very very large.

So, the club might want to bring him back, but the fine could potientially be more then what Timmy would be earning. The $$$ maybe be the deciding thing here.