What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do You Want Tim Back At Parramatta

Do you want Tim at Parra again

• Yes

Votes: 68 58.1%
  • No

Votes: 49 41.9%

• Total voters

IFR33K

Coach
You really need to learn how to use sarcasm properly kiddo...

FTR, you're clearly just another douche who has no understanding of the issues Tim Smith has faced, and who passes that ignorance off by calling the kid a "dickhead" or similar for his actions under the influence of both a serious mental condition and at least two cancerous influences from players who are thankfully no longer at the club.

Thankfully the THREE cancerous influences are no longer at the club.

TS problem was himself. You cant blame MR or BF. He was old enough to make his own decisions...and he shot himself in the foot.

As stated before, his so called bi polar disorder disappeared as quick as it appeared, and that was a few weeks later, after signing a contract overseas.

Give yourself an uppercut, my friend...you deserve it.

lingard

Coach
I agree with you Hellsy

Nothing is certain yet but Paul Osborne is a very good poker player and there are a few players involved in this sign-up long-term game. Saying you have no interest in a particular player here & now does not mean that you have no interest in the same player down-the-line. Look at Tahu....

It appears Paul does not want to unnecessarily scare off players like Mortimer until he has been stitched up long-term, then Paul can finally stitch up players like Tim Smith if Tim is still available for little $$$$$. Playing Poker has lots to do with bluff without having to lie. You want all the players to stay in the game and you have to give them a very good reason to do so.

Showing/saying you have no interest - talking about/up other players - causes other players to drop their asking price and terms (years of contract) etc.

Showering other players with your interest/cheque-book etc keeps them interested/keen to sign on long-term etc.

One day at a time - piece by piece - you build up your squad of players who meet your budget and your players-strength requirements & depth etc.

There are many more twists and turns still to come. DA has the final say, just as Jack Gibson did, though DA respects PO opinions and they are working closely together listening intently to what each has to say and offer the other. Its a great working relationship. They truly respect each other.

Once Mortimer (and other players - two not yet on the Eels books) are sorted out (on longer contracts) they will turn their focus on Tim Smith and his shoulder as well as Kevin Kingston, Jeff Robson, Todd Lowrie, while doing what they can to relocate/off-load Oak & Horaki.

There is also a good situation now arising that Ben Smith, Eric Grothe, Luke Burt, Fui, Inu, Mateo & Cayless are not going anywhere and don't be surprised to find out the generosity of some of these players dropping their contract values to allow other players to fit in to the top 25. Even Hayne is not asking as much as has been stated in the media and in this forum. They are all keen to create a Jack Gibson like atmosphere and part of this mateship is sharing a bit of the wealth around.

There is also a slight chance that Joe will stay with the Eels as well and if he does the above (including PO & DA) had a lot to do with it, particularly the win last night over the bulldogs

Booooooo Casper
icon7.gif

I think you`re on drugs, Casper. But they sound like fairly pleasant drugs - so keep taking them.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Sorry Lingard.
Its appears Im not good at sarcasm or so Ive been told so please help me out. Was that a little there? Possibly it would help people like me if sarcastic remarks were typed in bold or italics or maybe in a different colour? Any thoughts? (Hehehehe)

Bazal

Post Whore
Thankfully the THREE cancerous influences are no longer at the club.

TS problem was himself. You cant blame MR or BF. He was old enough to make his own decisions...and he shot himself in the foot.

As stated before, his so called bi polar disorder disappeared as quick as it appeared, and that was a few weeks later, after signing a contract overseas.

Give yourself an uppercut, my friend...you deserve it.

And once again, your ignorance is glaring. I've been there and done that, you clearly haven't...perhaps you should take your own advice, except replace an uppercut with a bat to the face, or two broken hands to prevent you from clogging up the internet with your sh*t

IFR33K

Coach
And once again, your ignorance is glaring. I've been there and done that, you clearly haven't...perhaps you should take your own advice, except replace an uppercut with a bat to the face, or two broken hands to prevent you from clogging up the internet with your sh*t

The only sh*t I can see, is coming out of your mouth.

So your saying to me;

that TS DIDN'T have a drinking problem????

MR and BF are to blame for his downfall????

And every one is to blame except for TS himself?????

What a load of sh*t.

Bazal

Post Whore
The only sh*t I can see, is coming out of your mouth.

So your saying to me;

that TS DIDN'T have a drinking problem????

MR and BF are to blame for his downfall????

And every one is to blame except for TS himself?????

What a load of sh*t.

Don't deign to put words into my mouth just because you can't comprehend the point I'm making, you semi literate spastic. No, Smith DID NOT have a drinking problem. He had a mental problem and was influenced by other players that he, wrongly or rightly, looked up to. As a result of that problem and those influences, he attempted to self medicate with alcohol. Was that a good decision? No. Was it an understandable one in the circumstances? Totally...

IFR33K

Coach
Don't deign to put words into my mouth just because you can't comprehend the point I'm making, you semi literate spastic. No, Smith DID NOT have a drinking problem. He had a mental problem and was influenced by other players that he, wrongly or rightly, looked up to. As a result of that problem and those influences, he attempted to self medicate with alcohol. Was that a good decision? No. Was it an understandable one in the circumstances? Totally...

Hahaha

Funniest sh*t Ive heard.

I suppose i would of had a problem as well, if i was being paid a coupla hundred thou a year, to play a sport I love.

Don't you agree.

Bazal

Post Whore
Hahaha

Funniest sh*t Ive heard.

I suppose i would of had a problem as well, if i was being paid a coupla hundred thou a year, to play a sport I love.

Don't you agree.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

You really are a clueless little troll aren't you? :lol: Do some research, or piss off and stop embarrassing yourself

IFR33K

Coach
I voted no, but can I changed my answer to yes..... based on compassionate grounds. :lol::lol::lol:

Craig Johnston

First Grade
the ts barrow pushers really need to build a bridge. the new ceo has made his stance very clear, yet at a time where parra needs unity behind ossie, some still want to push their agendas.

come on!

Suitman

Post Whore
I am absolutely astounded by the result of this poll.
Very healthy turnout - probably one of the most voted on questions we have ever had.
But.................I am shocked.

I am with "Ozzie" Osbourne on this one, and hope that he sticks to his guns.
We do not need vermin contaminating the future of this club.

Suity

Bazal

Post Whore
I am absolutely astounded by the result of this poll.
Very healthy turnout - probably one of the most voted on questions we have ever had.
But.................I am shocked.

I am with "Ozzie" Osbourne on this one, and hope that he sticks to his guns.
We do not need vermin contaminating the future of this club.

Suity

:roll:

Well, it's official...this is the most ignorant, bogan forum on this place for sure...

Swiftstylez

Bench
Hahaha

Funniest sh*t Ive heard.

Don't you agree.

For once I agree with Bazal. One cannot simply just snap out of a mental condition... he could have been playing for millions of dollars a year for the country he loved and still faced the same issues that he came across. His condition problem developed a long time before he started playing in the NRL, and it only makes you wonder just how much more stable he would have been week to week if he had not had bipolar. That does not mean that resorting to drinking and thus resorting to anti-social behavior was the right thing to do. He should have reached out for help.

Once the condition has been managed, I believe he would not be as much of a liability anymore. I voted yes but I'm not going to break down in tears if he doesn't play for us ever again. Not everyone is lucky enough to get a second chance.

Last edited:

lingard

Coach
For once I agree with Bazal. One cannot simply just snap out of a mental condition... he could have been playing for millions of dollars a year for the country he loved and still faced the same issues that he came across. His condition problem developed a long time before he started playing in the NRL, and it only makes you wonder just how much more stable he would have been week to week if he had not had bipolar. That does not mean that resorting to drinking and thus resorting to anti-social behavior was the right thing to do. He should have reached out for help.

Once the condition has been managed, I believe he would not be as much of a liability anymore. I voted yes but I'm not going to break down in tears if he doesn't play for us ever again. Not everyone is lucky enough to get a second chance.

I desperately need someone to show me the conclusive evidence that Tim Smith actually has Bi-Polar Disorder. Swiftstyles, you say his 'condition' "developed a long time before he started playing in the NRL", and it makes you wonder how much more stable he would have been if he didn`t have Bi-Polar. Where is the evidence to support those statements? I expect an answer, Swiftsyles.

lingard

Coach
I think you are forgetting something here. In a well structured community living by ethics, morals & principles, then paramount within that community's ethos would be to teach SELF RESPONSIBILITY. ;-)

You can teach 'self responsibility'. Trouble is, not everybody wants to learn it.

lingard

Coach

Once again: where is your proof that Tim Smith had/has Bi-Polar Disorder?
Because you can`t just keep saying it without evidence. And you can`t say he has it because the papers told us he has it. I don`t know whether he has it or not; all I know is that in my line of work, it is VERY COMMON for people to use psychiatric diagnoses (particularly bi-polar disorder and personality disorder) as an excuse for bad behaviour. Bi-Polar disorder is not a condition that can be readily diagnosed by one visit to a psychologist or counsellor. It is a condition that generally makes itself clear, only over time. Where is your proof/evidence?

SDM

First Grade
Its all a bit chicken and egg to me. So someone else is responsible for ensuring you learn to take responsibility for yourself? But this person is not your parent, but the entire community?:?

lingard

Coach
Sorry Lingard.
Its appears Im not good at sarcasm or so Ive been told so please help me out. Was that a little there? Possibly it would help people like me if sarcastic remarks were typed in bold or italics or maybe in a different colour? Any thoughts? (Hehehehe)

Yes, Gazzamatta. I think if another poster doesn`t understand what you said, or couldn`t be bothered reading it properly, then it is classed as sarcasm. Sarcasm, then, takes on a very broad meaning. I think it`s kind of in the same category as 'you`re clueless, have sh*t for brains, or you`re a dick-head, idiot, jerk-off', or similar. I could be wrong. I`m still just learning as well. Things will probably become clearer as we go along. I don`t know about the different colours, though; might be confusing for some. :lol:

Last edited:

Latest posts