What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Does NZ Fox Commentator Call Ben Barba a N**ger?

BARBA'S GOOOOOD!!!! - Dale Husband.

Australians - How did it feel hearing someone pronounce Maori and Polynesian names correctly? I bet all you Parra fans were shocked by the correct Mateo pronounciation.

Oh yeah and Graeme Hughes is the greatest commentator who ever lived. F*ck Rabs. Hughes could even commentate Cricket Max (Martin Crowe's stupid 4 stump variation) games back in the day!!...CAIRNS...He's gone again...6!!!

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I swear I heard Ben Ikin get tongue tied in the Titans game on the weekend and say "f**k"

eozsmiles

Bench
BARBA'S GOOOOOD!!!! - Dale Husband.

Australians - How did it feel hearing someone pronounce Maori and Polynesian names correctly? I bet all you Parra fans were shocked by the correct Mateo pronounciation.

Oh yeah and Graeme Hughes is the greatest commentator who ever lived. F*ck Rabs. Hughes could even commentate Cricket Max (Martin Crowe's stupid 4 stump variation) games back in the day!!...CAIRNS...He's gone again...6!!!

How come the NZ commentators are pronouncing it differently now to last season? I can only assume that the correct way of saying his name hasn't changed since last season?

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
How come the NZ commentators are pronouncing it differently now to last season? I can only assume that the correct way of saying his name hasn't changed since last season?

Costigan was Australian, he wasn't too flash on the pronunciation either. Peter Ropati was generally pretty good, lisp notwithstanding.

Meth

Staff member
I don't mind if the pronunciation is a little off, but efforts like Warren's at times are woefully unprofessional. For the most, all you have to do is understand how the vowels work, and you can at least make a decent attempt.

re Husband- he's not the best in the business, but he is a real step up from McIvor/Halligan and Costigan/Ropati/Halligan. If we could get rid of Halligan, it'd be much better. People on here always whinge about Channel 9, but if they had to listen to our commentators on a weekly basis, they'd love them (Ch 9).

Meth

Staff member
Costigan was the worst. We used to fly him over from Townsville to commentate. He was like a parody who knew a lot about the geography of rural QLD.

beefstew

Juniors
I don't mind if the pronunciation is a little off, but efforts like Warren's at times are woefully unprofessional. For the most, all you have to do is understand how the vowels work, and you can at least make a decent attempt.

re Husband- he's not the best in the business, but he is a real step up from McIvor/Halligan and Costigan/Ropati/Halligan. If we could get rid of Halligan, it'd be much better. People on here always whinge about Channel 9, but if they had to listen to our commentators on a weekly basis, they'd love them (Ch 9).

Hahaha, yeah it's terrible that we would rather listen to the completely bias'd aussie commentators, over our
completely bias'd kiwi commentators.

aargon

The word "Enigma" or "Engimatic" isn't in the NZ dictionary - not smart enough to know what it means, let alone pronouce it.

Therefore, I conclude he must have said "N**GER" with the annoying Kiwi accent...

Ok my gentleman's?

Izz

Bench
The word "Enigma" or "Engimatic" isn't in the NZ dictionary - not smart enough to know what it means, let alone pronouce it.

Therefore, I conclude he must have said "N**GER" with the annoying Kiwi accent...

Ok my gentleman's?
Looks like somebody forgot which troll account they were logged into...

Lego_Man

First Grade
I'd wager that Mateo himself doesnt pronounce his name "Martel" like tryhard Husband.

Husband would do well to look first at the simple non-flashy ones he stuffs up, he can start with HODKINSON.

Iafeta

Referee
I'd wager that Mateo himself doesnt pronounce his name "Martel" like tryhard Husband.

Husband would do well to look first at the simple non-flashy ones he stuffs up, he can start with HODKINSON.

Boom. Spot on. A professional commentator would go off how the player prounounces his/her name. Husband is bloody unprofessional with how he promotes Feleti Mateo.