What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Don Bradman Cricket 14

kdalymc

Bench
Ok well getting out for a few ducks whilst learning is a bit shit.

So anyone care to lemme know what u guys do-
Bought this yesterday after discovering this thread. I reckon the game is awesome. Missus had fun making my 16 year old character look like me and have wrinkles. Funny if they age in the game (do they??) and when he is 27 he looks 50...

But lemme get this straight, you actually can't play as anyone else but your character???
Unless simulating (does everyone simulate???) you have to "watch" the game?

edabomb

First Grade
This game is simply broken, how are you suppose to time the shots properly when you literally have to hit the ball before you even react to what line and length is being bowled to you? Absolutely impossible. And even when I have timed the shot perfectly my batsmen will still miss hit the ball to the slips or a fielder.

Would be 100x if they gave you a fraction more of a second to time the ball because at the second I am premeditating all my shots which is obviously not useful. Nearly already had it with this game after a day.

Agree it would be much better having a split second of 'bullet time' so you can register the line and length of the ball. It's just one of those things where there is a disconnect between registering it and using the controller - as the controller takes a lot more time than playing a shot in an actual game of cricket.

AI is also annoying in pacing chases. I bat No.5 and only get 3 or 4 bats in the Big Bash with my team constantly playing through to totals like 1/80 or 2/90 chasing 150+.

I do enjoy the game though. It is funny how one of my major weaknesses as a batsman has translated into this game - stepping into line with the stumps to glance a ball off middle and being given LBW.

redvscotty

First Grade
The game is hard when you first start out.

I began a career mode first up and kept getting ducks or 2 or 3 runs, and then decided it might be an idea to try out tutorial mode.

It really does help but mainly with bowling. Batting really is just a patience game.

Zigwaa

Bench
Yeah mine hasn't been played in about 6 months due to being frustratingly hard. Could only score from front foot leg glances that were premeditated, then get out trying to play any other shot.

Might bust it out again.

redvscotty

First Grade
Been playing for that elusive Aussie test spot.

Made it into the one day Aussie squad first, got an average of 19 I think, ugh. Never been good at One Dayers, right from when I started the game, Think I get impatient or struggle to play with the particular field settings they use in this format.

Got an average of 68 in the Aussie T20 side though, so that's something.

Back playing Shield cricket at the moment and got 137 and 11 in my first match, just pick me in the tests ffs! I've got an average of 48 in Shield!

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
got over my career as a batsman so I created one as a bowler so I could flip between the 2 depending on which mood I was in at the time. Im liking being a Fast Bowler consistently picking up 4-fers each innings in shield, One Day bowling is a bit more difficult though I think

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
i score a shit tonne of runs just bashing it down the ground or hitting leg glances.

ragzouken

Juniors
Findbit really hard to place shots with alot of precision mostly end up getting caught behind when I try to play along the ground.

It's alot easier to just slog bowlers down the field then playing conservative I find

Liddell

Juniors
Played it again the other night.

I took off for a quick single, slid in fine, as I was getting up the batter lifted his bat out of the crease and his legs were out, the bowler whipped the bails off and I was out.

Very frustrating in a game that's hard enough to bat as it is.

Liddell

Juniors
Findbit really hard to place shots with alot of precision mostly end up getting caught behind when I try to play along the ground.

It's alot easier to just slog bowlers down the field then playing conservative I find

I just try and hit singles off my pads until I hit about 10-15 then check the field and try harder hits to the on/offside where there isn't a fielder. Easier said then done though.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Does anyone know if you buy this for PC in a store that it contains the actual game and not just a CD that links you to Steam?

Away for work at the moment and can't download games.

Zigwaa

Bench
I got my first half century the other night, then at the non stikers end batsmen other smacks it straight to the bowler who runs me out, controller throw ensued. Mind you controller throws these days are lot more dangerous with the wireless technology.

redvscotty

First Grade
I got a ton in a T20 last night but have still been struggling in 50 over games.

I am apparently close to Test selection for Australia, and even though I still average just under 50 in first class, I just can't get there!

Latest posts