What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Douglas a Titan?

Card Shark

Immortal
Will be interesting to see how the Club approaches the rest of the season with Douglas.

Shane Flanagan didn't drop Blake Ferguson at any stage so the money would be that he will pick Douglas for First Grade for the rest of the year.

But there will be a temptation to bring a young prop at least on the bench to start grooming him for a regular First Grade spot next year.

Forwards take much longer to develop so this is a different situation to that of a back line player like Ferguson.

Will be interesting to see how this pans out.

We lose major control of the game when both Snowy & Dougie are off. I have been advocating starting 1 from the bench & thought Snowy would be best, as Dougie can absorb the early exchanges.

Now Dougie is leaving, put him on the bench & start 1 of the younger props.

We lose major control of the game when both Snowy & Dougie are off. I have been advocating starting 1 from the bench & thought Snowy would be best, as Dougie can absorb the early exchanges.

Now Dougie is leaving, put him on the bench & start 1 of the younger props.

I like the thinking but I don't think it would be wise to implement it straight away.

The bloody media would be onto it like flies to shyte and would make a story about it.

We just don't need anymore heat in the kitchen at this stage.

But once this story blows over it can be implemented and it won't be seen as a direct reaction to him leaving.

You have to play a game of chess with the bloody press.

Quigs

Immortal
f**k who cares about our story. We are the sharks.

And its only a game of bloody rooogbeee league. If the coach wants to start someone off the bench then bloody well let him.

Who other then us mad sharkie supporters gives a flying farkkkkk.

Special K

Coach
Douglas is easier to replace then Snowden I agree but losing him and his work rate sucks.

I want Jason Ryles in our pack for 2012.

Quigs

Immortal
K at this stage in our season, I would be happy knowing we have a pack of forwards in 2012.

Any forwards, as long as I have a team to follow

ratsack2

Juniors
So what happens to the rest of the Douglas family? Will they continue in their current role ??
I certainly hope so

Quigs

Immortal
So what happens to the rest of the Douglas family? Will they continue in their current role ??
I certainly hope so

It'll just be like Waltons Mountain when John-Boy all grew up and went off to the big city to further his edukashone. The Waltons family still remained on the Mountain helping Pa and Grandpa tend to the Waltons family sawmill.

All will be fine now as they were all good folk too
Night ratsack.

Quigs

Immortal
I am refering to the wholesome american family that battled through the hardtimes of the depression.

Depression being the operative word in here at the moment.

Night John-boy Night sadshark

Frenzy.

Immortal
This is not about dollars you gimps.

Other than a lack of availibilty of third party payments the Sharks have the same NRL grant for the salary cap as every other club. They could of paid Dougie. They can pay Snowie. They can buy players IF they want to come to the club

How many employees, that's players, coaching staff, admin staff, bar staff, underwater basket weavers etc etc have flown this coop since the power shift?

Get ya heads out of the frikkin sand for a change and aim the vitriole where it should be aimed

You all know where that lies.

Frenzy.

Immortal
I expect him to stay because the club will pay overs. They will have to. After that I'll maintain my stance that Elmer Fudd is THE worst thing that has ever happened to this club. Him and his band of Glee Clubbing Teddy Bear testicles

fizman

Bench
This is not about dollars you gimps.

Other than a lack of availibilty of third party payments the Sharks have the same NRL grant for the salary cap as every other club. They could of paid Dougie. They can pay Snowie. They can buy players IF they want to come to the club

How many employees, that's players, coaching staff, admin staff, bar staff, underwater basket weavers etc etc have flown this coop since the power shift?

Get ya heads out of the frikkin sand for a change and aim the vitriole where it should be aimed

You all know where that lies.

Depends how all of this plays out. If we keep Snow and aquire Bird, that is not a bad outcome. If we pick-up no one and lose Snow and possible others well I shall agree with your sentiments 100%.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Tell you all right now, word of Bird wanting out is rife at the Titans. Originally i thought it was money related but its not. all Tits are up to date.
the thing with Bird is, he runs his own show now. Might not like the restrictions placed on him, like not visiting certain night spots.
If he comes back to the Sharks with that attitude & even worse, with blessings, it will be a very, bad, bad move.

roboshark

Coach
I'm surprised that he would want out tbh. They gave him a chance, they are building a team legally or illegally that will challenge for title, he is away from syd spotlight

If anything I could see him going to newcastle....except maybe family too close for his liking there

Latest posts