What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Douglas a Titan?

Inferno

Coach
welcome to the madhouse inf

Eh honestly I just can't be bothered with this rabble of a club any more.

I said from ages ago how important it was to wrap up Dougy while this shit with Snowden was up in the air. Now we'll probably lose both.

Way I see it, the club is either

A) incompetent for letting like this happen

B) tried to get the deal done, but Dougy as dyed in the wool sharks as you can get is still happier to accept less money to go elsewhere.

Both are mighty f**king concerning.

Well I think Aaron Woods is the best young prop going around...wonder if the tigers have locked him up?

I agree with you he is the best young prop in the game. He is a true local Balmain Junior (Annandale Boy) that the club has had a massive rap on since he was 15. Apparently he loves the Tigers. I for one can't see the Tigers not re-signing him, we appear to have a lot of 3rd party sponsers since we signed our current CEO and major sponser (this man is worth a lot more than Tinkler and Crowe combined).

The Broncos showed the way, 3rd party sponsers not involved with the club is the way to keep a strong roster (they had 25 3rd party deals).

I for one hope the Sharks get stronger I have always liked them. They shouldn't be losing good players all the time. I think that your club has to sort out your off field set up and hopefully you can build a good teams for years to come. My side about 2000-2003 looked lost but you can rebuild.

Card Shark

Immortal
It's gunna get worse before it gets better. We are $12 M in debt FFS.

We cannot afford to match big dollars from "wealthy" clubs.

Very disappointing but probably not as bad as not having a club, although some in here may beg to differ.

S.R.

Juniors
I believe that if Tinkler hadn't stepped in and got Snowden to hold off at the sharks, that we would have BOTH Snowden AND Douglas under contract for next season by now.

Havoc

Juniors
I believe that if Tinkler hadn't stepped in and got Snowden to hold off at the sharks, that we would have BOTH Snowden AND Douglas under contract for next season by now.

I'm in that boat too. Tinkler sucks balls.

On the up side... Oh wait... What's the up side again???

da brain

Juniors
sorry reefy i didnt get what you mean by Wessels times.
i do think we should be investing in a freak quality player,and i loks like we got a couple by accident, the ricky stuart buying forward after forward when we had no backs was a disgrase. we have too much money tied up in forwards, we need a superstar backline, that is what sponsors want, that is want fans wants, that is what i want, i want slater, i want benji , i want ingles, i dont want douglas ,snowden ,toupo. i agree with this decison to let douglas go, i support it 100%.
we were at our best with rogers, et, peachey, lets buy some magic and watch the fans come in the door, thats what im talking about.

it seems douggie was being courted a fair while. tinklers call. probably didnt effect that.

what is needed now is this. IMO

sign snowden
Keep douglas in the team but cut his minutes down from now towards the end of the season. Mannah to do more time on the park. Cordoba to do
by say..Round 20.

maybe Douglas isnt in the team, or is starting from the bench. he is leaving. we need to bring through the new blood and keep them at the club.

i would do this gradually."

id also lilke to sign a back or 2. also a prop maybe needed now but backs should be the go. or halves

No one knows the answer to that other than Luke Douglas.

But I believe it could've been a big factor in unsettling Douglas initially when he heard that Snowden had pulled out of the deal and was for all money going to sign a contract with Newcastle.

If the initial Snowden deal went through without fanfare I'm sure there's a big chance that the Douglas re signing would've been a greater a chance of happening.

Shyte happens when a big wave rocks the boat.

Will be interesting to see how the Club approaches the rest of the season with Douglas.

Shane Flanagan didn't drop Blake Ferguson at any stage so the money would be that he will pick Douglas for First Grade for the rest of the year.

But there will be a temptation to bring a young prop at least on the bench to start grooming him for a regular First Grade spot next year.

Forwards take much longer to develop so this is a different situation to that of a back line player like Ferguson.

Will be interesting to see how this pans out.

Ken Ebb

Juniors
Persist with Mannah. He needs more game time.

Cordoba has improved remarkably since he got here. I wasn't initially a fan but now think he is a more than solid performer who could step up into Dougy's shoes. Brod Wright has improved as well.

Hopefully Vave can step up and Clayton as well. How is he going? I have not seen this kid play and I'm interested if he can back up the hype surrounding him (mainly from this forum)

Was he playing with Tariq Sims last year? That guy is going enormous for the Cowboys at present hopefully Clayton can do that for us.

coolumsharkie

Referee
I have to agree with DS on this, I reckon he is a solid prop, good toiler without having a great amount of impact in a game that is forever needing line breaking forwards. I understand the impact he plays in defense but there are quite a few props out there that can slot into his spot. Hopefully we can develop some of our younger props coming through that imo are very good prospects.

I'd rather lose him than Snowy.