What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Douglas a Titan?

tough gig being a sharks fan

just sayin'.

Yep unfortunately footy these days is all business and career driven.

Fans come a distant last in the whole equation.

This despite that there wouldn't be any football without the fans.

It's a funny world we live in.

Quigs

Immortal
I love being a sharks supporter.

Just love it.

whipback-1.jpg

da brain

Juniors
let him go. we have had one of the best forward packs in the comp for the last few years but have been the worst team. good teams chern through the forward but keep the quality in the number 1, 7 and 9. look at the storm, Bennet is the same. we are on the way, lets throw money at a good hooker, we need Degois back.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
just spill it on here reefy... we need someting ffs

spill what? i don't know. But there are people on here who would. Like I said, I thought the Sharks would not let dougy go, even for snowy. Rothfield is a puppet for the club now with Ricky gone, so i can pretty much assure you that dougy was not on 350 per year for his last contract. They would like us to believe that to smother the news. That is more than what Snowy was offered for his new contract. Look at Vaves, apparently he is all out of sorts & out of favour. Why? Why did Fergo leave? Why are other current & future contracted players sounding out options? As far as I know Toops has another year to go? People on here know, they email the club all the time or are actually at the club. Ask them what is going on.

Snoop Shark

First Grade
So obviously this is the time clubs are active in the players market for next season, we have something like 12(make that 11 now) of our top 25 off contract for next season, yet we haven't even got put of neutral with signings for next year...go figure!

Quigs

Immortal
Da Brain, what we need is something you can't throw money at.

What we need is something that has the money already. Something that has lots of money. Lots and lots of money.

Something like Tinkler or a Gladiator.... or an Ayyy-rabb shiek, or a Soviet Oil/Gas baron (well one that's not in the slammer)

Any of the Chows like League, and have got plenty of spare whoop. These are what we need right now.

I'd help but Ive only got a few bob to my name.

Snoop Shark

First Grade
Quigs poker player David Saab is a shark supporter...he might be able to help us out...mr google will help you with info on mr saab

Ausguy

Coach
why the f**k did i bother going down for those wankfests about the development.

f**k the club... if we are that farked come out and end it. dont BS us even more...

Quigs you are going to have to add a few more faces to the banner in your sig before the year is out.

Not much room there though, might need to be waiting list......

Last edited:

da brain

Juniors
all i know is that if we wanted to keep douglas we would have,its no surprise ,weeks ago he came out and said he is looking else where, so he is gone, good luck to him. the last thing we want to do is pay big money for forwards, more ben ross, toupo, rubbish. look at the panthers with pedro, bunnies with asotasi, dont build a team around a prop. build it around class.

Ausguy

Coach
here lies the problem....

some of you are probably thinking, ok well dougie gone, snowy gone... that will free up some money....

did any of you think that maybe they have been sent off cos we dont have any money? we let them go because we cant afford them and we cant replace them equally either.

We have a shite load of cap space with these 2 gone but dont have the money to spend to the cap....

here lies the problem....

some of you are probably thinking, ok well dougie gone, snowy gone... that will free up some money....

did any of you think that maybe they have been sent off cos we dont have any money? we let them go because we cant afford them and we cant replace them equally either.

We have a shite load of cap space with these 2 gone but dont have the money to spend to the cap....

If we are still around when some new franchises come in good luck getting any player of note then.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
all i know is that if we wanted to keep douglas we would have,its no surprise ,weeks ago he came out and said he is looking else where, so he is gone, good luck to him. the last thing we want to do is pay big money for forwards, more ben ross, toupo, rubbish. look at the panthers with pedro, bunnies with asotasi, dont build a team around a prop. build it around class.

No team ever wins a GF without a gun prop. Manly paid 420k for Kite, they win GF.
Melbourne sign LAzzo, they win. Broncs sign hannant for 350k, you think they would know a thing or 2 about props?
What the use of a $500k half if the forwards go nowhere?
WE have a "gun" half apparently & we have the best fullback.
There is no pattern to winning other than rorting.
Just buy the best you can get in any position.

da brain

Juniors
im not thinkin that mate, i think every one knows we aint got no money, especialy not to pay our boys under the table like the titans do (salary cap my aaaaarrrse) . the only chance we got is leadership, because our ship is sinking my friend, it has been from day one.

da brain

Juniors
i dont belive manly won the GF becouse of Kite, are you kidding me , yeah i will give you lazzo what a legend, broncos do know about props, they know about letting them go and replacing them.

Well Douglas thanks for leaving, now lets even it up with him, he is on target for some records being a forward in playing consecutive matches, lets ensure that the record is not met, and rest him for a match somewhere during the season.

Latest posts