What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons Accept Criticism & Begin Work On 2017

hazzbeen

Bench
What the f**k .... They are all having a lend of us no one in there right mind would reinstate Mary . The only thing he did was set a new record for 7 straight losses . That's it for me . Soccer yea I can watch that next year ...

thebigredv

First Grade
I don't know what to say, this is absolute rubbish.

A committee is appointed Craig Duncan and Dirk Melton are both lecturers at Australian Catholic University and do some extra work as consultants. Craig Duncan worked with the NSW State of Origin (what a success that was). Dirk Melton worked for Dragons previously in marketing (spin, spin, spin). Then we have Clare Prideaux who is vice president of that massive sport Hockey Australia who brought backs so many medals from Rio.

I am pretty sure we picked up Prideaux to fill Benji's role. Anyone know how she goes?

Get2dachopper!

Juniors
Yeah I simply stopped reading after I read McGregor was still going to be coach in 2017.

We really need some type of coup to overthrow the board, the St. George side of the board at least. I really can't see any other way. As a starting point, some form of a committee needs to be formed, with a view of somehow finding a way to throw out the current St.George members. If there are business/celebrity supporters out there with financial means, we really need you now. This club is in serious trouble

RedVDave

First Grade
There are so many things that really p!ss me off about this but one of the biggest things is how the spineless god damn cowards conveniently announce this during Grand Final week.

possm

Coach
Well there you go! Our worst nightmare delivered during GF week.

Now what can be done about this, will the save our saints fans raise there voices agan and this time continue the fight until Mary is sacked or will we lose another year and a few more promising juniors in 2017. I reckon Jack Bird is feeling very good about his decision to move on. Right now I can understand why many Dragons fans might feel like moving on.

However, I think it best to fight the good fight and see Mary and Doust on their way!

I am absolutely stunned by this announcement.

And what I really can't fathom is this: Mary has just been stripped of all dignity. How is it (please even the mind numbing apologists can try to explain this to me), just how is it that Mary does not step down of his own accord?!! Has he no integrity whatsoever? Isn't he dying of embarrassment?

I would never work under such circumstances, having a committee oversee my performance, not matter what the role or industry.

I can't believe this is happening.

Straight Shooter

Last edited:

RedVDave

First Grade
There are so many things that really p!ss me off about this but one of the biggest things is how the spineless god damn cowards conveniently announce this during Grand Final week.

mickeylane

Bench
Literally the worst week this year!
Sharks w Price make the GF and
Our beloved board reappoint Mcgregor as coach! FMD will we ever learn!!

blacksafake

First Grade
Really folks are we surprised by this decision?
I stated in another thread that the club would do this during grand final week so that it would hardly make a ripple amongst the press. This is how these dumb cowardly stupid insipid officials work. I cant believe they think he can coach.F##k McGregor must really be able to talk sh#t to convince them all that "outside influences" whatever the f##k they are really had an impact on the season lol. They may not be able to afford to sack him but surely they could demote him to the cutters or 20's. Anyway i'm not renewing & wont be attending games will still support them & watch on tv instead. So if they finish 9th or 10th next year does this mean success in these idiots eyes.

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
In one fell swoop, the 2017 campaign already looks in tatters. Same coach, same five eight and captain, the second or third best hooker from South's, no halfback. A new committee formed on big bucks to produce a report when everyone knows what the answer is. Tony Ayoub leaving for Newcastle. Only positive i can think of is we cant be too far from hitting rock bottom.

since77

Juniors

And what I really can't fathom is this: Mary has just been stripped of all dignity. How is it, (please even the mind numbing apologists can try to explain this to me), just how is it that Mary does not step down of his own accord?!! Has he no dignity whatsoever? Isn't he dying of embarrassment?

I would never work under such circumstances, having a committee oversee my performance, not matter what the role or industry.

Straight Shooter

Its impossible to comprehend the "logic" behind this, a decision which shows the buffoons running this club are prepared to reenact the disgraceful "Steve Price was not solely responsible for the teams performance" decree a few years back. A dark day for the club.

blacksafake

First Grade
I'd suggest everyone who disagrees with this send an email as i have just done to doust & the board politely saying they can have McGregor all to themselves & you will not be renewing. Then ask them to contact you when they come to the conclusion that they have embarrassed the club enough & alienated enough fans & then you'll think about renewing then.

MilanDragon

Juniors
Outrageous Article. Like someone mentioned how can we put 4 more people and pay them a salary but yet not be able to pay out McGregor's contract.

Maybe them saying McGregor has a future as an NRL coach and will be the coach is the closest thing we will get to a 'vote of confidence' .. Which would mean a sacking is on the way.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade

And what I really can't fathom is this: Mary has just been stripped of all dignity. How is it, (please even the mind numbing apologists can try to explain this to me), just how is it that Mary does not step down of his own accord?!! Has he no dignity whatsoever? Isn't he dying of embarrassment?

Straight Shooter

Stunned? Nope.

Quelle surprise? Not even remotely so.

Most of us are aware of Doust's chicanery.

I enjoy reading your posts, OV.