What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons hang on to hope of Bennett staying

cleary89

Coach
You better hope you get Bennett and boyd, other wise your f**ked. Not even Bennett could make Wesser look good.

jackb

Juniors
Leave Illawarra alone.

I have always liked the Illawarra and I worked in Wollongong for a couple of years and really enjoyed it.

The big thing with the new club, SGI, is that Illawarra is the dominant partner. The future of SGI will not revolve around cog-rah as the demographics have changed so much. I have meetings in the city at times and get the train back to the Shire at the end of the day. The population of places like Rockdale, Hurstville, all stations in the St.George area has changed totally and new inhabitants do not look like rugby league followers.

Illawarra on the other hand is strong with RL and will supply the bulk of support and junior players to SHI for many years. Souths have a strong following in the region as well. Without the merge I think saints may have struggled already and would have had a very different future. Look at easts who have low membership, very few juniors and the numbers are dropping. They may have to either merge or move to survive long term but SGI has already made the call to cement their future.

BunniesMan

Immortal
You better hope you get Bennett and boyd, other wise your f**ked. Not even Bennett could make Wesser look good.
Bennett won't be coaching Wesser. Wesser will be done after this season.

And even if we don't get Boyd, Bennett will be coaching either Mansour or Roberts as our fullback.

coombsy

Juniors
I have always liked the Illawarra and I worked in Wollongong for a couple of years and really enjoyed it.

The big thing with the new club, SGI, is that Illawarra is the dominant partner. The future of SGI will not revolve around cog-rah as the demographics have changed so much. I have meetings in the city at times and get the train back to the Shire at the end of the day. The population of places like Rockdale, Hurstville, all stations in the St.George area has changed totally and new inhabitants do not look like rugby league followers.

Illawarra on the other hand is strong with RL and will supply the bulk of support and junior players to SHI for many years. Souths have a strong following in the region as well. Without the merge I think saints may have struggled already and would have had a very different future. Look at easts who have low membership, very few juniors and the numbers are dropping. They may have to either merge or move to survive long term but SGI has already made the call to cement their future.
great post

BunniesMan

Immortal
We needed a short term answer while the talent in Toyota cup came through. And we didn't know we'd be having Inglis either.

Now we have Inglis and the likes of Mansour and Roberts ready to debut. There's no way we're extending his contract beyond 2011.

Wesser is a good bloke and he's been a good servant of the game but this will be his last year.