What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons Lost, Minor Premiership Race On!

boxa777

Coach
Given the NRL admitted their officials were at fault for the incorrect call costing us the Round 10 match, I wonder if they'd consider some sort of remuneration to the club for missing out on the $100,000 prize...?

Haha.. you are delusional.

Do you honestly think that has been the only dud call of the season?

Bulldog Force

Referee
Let's look at the club standing in perspective

1. Dragons 36
2. Bulldogs 36

If the correct call was made in round 10, the Dragons would not have received those 2 points, that takes them down to 34, and the Bulldogs would have, which takes us up to 38 - plus those 2 points from the Panthers game = 40 points.

1. Bulldogs 40
2. Dragons 34
3. Titans 34

Bulldogs_4_Life

Juniors
^ Yep and that truly does show our dominance this season. Even right now as it stands we still have the best win/loss record of any team.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
People still don't understand - there'd be no problem if it happened in the 70th, 60th, 50th or 40th minute.

It happened in the 79th/80th minute. After any dodgy decision, you have the chance to turn it around again if you have the right attitude and skill etc etc etc. In this instance, there was no time to "try again" so to speak. Saints got the penalty, game was over.

Gaba

First Grade
Given the NRL admitted their officials were at fault for the incorrect call costing us the Round 10 match, I wonder if they'd consider some sort of remuneration to the club for missing out on the $100,000 prize...?
The officals also admitted in the same game , hornby's disallowed try was a try , idris first try wasnt a try, creagh's try was more of a try no matter what the dragons were robbed of a bigger win

People still don't understand - there'd be no problem if it happened in the 70th, 60th, 50th or 40th minute.

It happened in the 79th/80th minute. After any dodgy decision, you have the chance to turn it around again if you have the right attitude and skill etc etc etc. In this instance, there was no time to "try again" so to speak. Saints got the penalty, game was over.
It does matter though if the 2 dragons try were allowed or even hornbys the score would have been 20/26-0 game over for the dogs before halftime.
The dragons probably would have won by 30-40

so it does matter what minute of the game, what happen in the 79/80 min would have been irrelevant if the refs didnt make the wrong decisions hefore hand

Last edited:

Bulldogs_4_Life

Juniors
Gaba you sh*t dribbler. They never admittied to any of that, the only thing the referees boss admitted to was that Idris' match winner was a try. The rest you have spun to try and fool us. Hope those shirts didn't cost too much to print.

boxa777

Coach

First off I'd be happy for the Bron, sorry Bulldogs to be 6 points clear on the table.

But I think the above statement is a ridiculous assertion on your part. Dodgy decisions earlier in a game also change the context of a match. Whether you have time to make up for it or not shouldn't be the sole factor here. If you think otherwise, then you do not understand the game.

Had Hornby's try been given as it should have been, we'd have a different ball game. The lead could have been unsurmountable for the Dogs. The opportunity to win the game at the death should not have happened in the first place but I guess that is conveniently overlooked.

At the end of the day, every dodgy call whether in the 80th minute or the 10th minute impacts on a result in some capacity and teams should just take the good with the bad.

Clearly the Doggies fan cannot. Still discussing Round 10 and you want compensation for missing out on a minor premiership. HAHA..

Last edited:

Timmah

Staff member
I love the blame shift, saying we always bring up the Round 10 incident... :lol:

bulldog

Bench
Haha, I love it, wouldn't be half as fun if the Dogs won that night - have you ever seen so many tears, back-tracks and straight up bullsh*t from the winners before? Maybe the aftermath of the Roosters in '02 would go close.

Love my Dragons

Juniors
I'm an avid Dragons supporter but must say I think the Bulldogs deserve the minor premiership at this stage, with astute purchasing of select recruits with experience and family orientated surroundings was a positive move for the club. I will go on record and say you should of won round 10, but that's in the past and let's move on.
I'm personally getting tired of all this hostility between the Bulldogs and us, why can't we just respect each others abilities as fine teams who at this stage have had sound seasons. I have seen 5 GF losses and no title been following the Dragons for 28 years, sometimes you wonder is all the pain emotional turmoil worth it and I still think it is lol. Anyways I respect your side for what it has achieved from last season and changing of the culture.

bulldog

Bench
Some wankers cross the line, just ignore them. Nothing wrong with a bit of banter.

Good on ya and best of luck to you, we're stoked with our our season so far, you should be too.

Timmah

Staff member
Funnily enough despite all the sh*t I love Saints, they're easily my second team, although mainly cuz the Mrs is a massive Saints fan. In turn, she's adopted the 'Dogs as her second team.

That said, not sure how we'll go on GF day if both teams make it... we barely survived May 15 :lol:

And yes, I realise the above statement will get me ostracized :lol: :oops:

STG-Dragon

Juniors
Funnily enough despite all the sh*t I love Saints, they're easily my second team, although mainly cuz the Mrs is a massive Saints fan. In turn, she's adopted the 'Dogs as her second team.

That said, not sure how we'll go on GF day if both teams make it... we barely survived May 15 :lol:

And yes, I realise the above statement will get me ostracized :lol: :oops:

I feel so sorry for her! ;-)

Gaba

First Grade
Let's look at the club standing in perspective

1. Dragons 36
2. Bulldogs 36

If the correct call was made in round 10, the Dragons would not have received those 2 points, that takes them down to 34, and the Bulldogs would have, which takes us up to 38 - plus those 2 points from the Panthers game = 40 points.

1. Bulldogs 40
2. Dragons 34
3. Titans 34
wrong

Last edited:

bulldog

Bench
You edited a one word post you dope.

What was there before, more lies?

How is it wrong by the way?

Latest posts