What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons Rumoured Signings

hardbaby

Coach
Glad to hear Rein may be close to signing again.It wouldn't disappoint me if the likes of Weyman do go as it is clear we need to freshen the squad .Man Utd's secret to success for 20 years has been recruiting key players and offloading players not necessarily past their use by date eg Beckham,Ronaldo etc.We are looking a tired squad and desperately need some players to rejuvinate our style of play.
Love to have Chambers in the centres,Mateo's offloading skill would create 2nd phase's and Rangi at 7 will give us more direct play,another big forward like Kasiano would give our pack a more intimidating feel.

Agree. Guys like Weyman have been great over the years but he is at the end of his career. Prior is playing better footy at prop but he will never be a hard man. I am not a fan of Creagh as an edge backrower. Not sure what to do there. We need to freshen the squad up.

Thompson and Widdop are great signings. Get Rangi and Dugan. We are almost there. Move Beale to centre. Now put some animal in the pack. Kasiano would be perfect. Add an attacking edge weapon in Mateo and move Fritz to the middle. Then make Merrin captain. Bingo. Top 4 material.

Guys like the Stanley brothers, Cooper, Fien, Weyman, Prior...gone. Too old or too slow or too fragile or not tough enough.

getsmarty

Immortal
Agree. Guys like Weyman have been great over the years but he is at the end of his career. Prior is playing better footy at prop but he will never be a hard man. I am not a fan of Creagh as an edge backrower. Not sure what to do there. We need to freshen the squad up.

Thompson and Widdop are great signings. Get Rangi and Dugan. We are almost there. Move Beale to centre. Now put some animal in the pack. Kasiano would be perfect. Add an attacking edge weapon in Mateo and move Fritz to the middle. Then make Merrin captain. Bingo. Top 4 material.

Guys like the Stanley brothers, Cooper, Fien, Weyman, Prior...gone. Too old or too slow or too fragile or not tough enough.

Agree , but I would love to keep Weyman. I think Prior will stay...more likely guys like Matthews/Henderson/Au Mai/Vea etc need to be replaced.

HDragonsFan

Juniors
Apparently it's an issue with money being owed to previous manager, hence cannot sign a new contract with new manager until that debt has been paid.

Lethal25

Juniors
Matulino would be a great buy, but surely we can't buy too many more. Massive turnover compared to recent years. Any more news on Rangi anyone?

The Dragons have cap room and with at least 15 players still unsigned for next year you can see where the club is heading.

Fein and Cooper are on good coin so is Weyman with Fien and Cooper possibly retiring that frees up money straight away then Weyman if he decides to move on again money to spend on a Ben Matulino.

willzy91

Juniors
The Dragons have cap room and with at least 15 players still unsigned for next year you can see where the club is heading.

Fein and Cooper are on good coin so is Weyman with Fien and Cooper possibly retiring that frees up money straight away then Weyman if he decides to move on again money to spend on a Ben Matulino.

This definitely isn't the last signings we are going to see from the dragons. i would say another prop and fringe players to come on top of dugan and chase signing as well.

hardbaby

Coach
Matulino is an interesting rumour. Pray that comes true. I'd take Kasiano first. But that big Kiwi bastard would be a bloody good alternative. Much more aggressive pack.

league

Juniors
Price just said on Sterlo he's hoping for a "couple more signings" in the next couple of weeks.

Then he was asked by Sterlo about Dugan to which he stated that he hopes to have him signed within the next 2 days. Said he's met with him a couple of times and that he's a "10 out of 10" as a person and can understand some of the things he's already been through.