What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons sign Jaydn Su’A.

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
No doubt he us a great try scorer on the receiving end of a good backline
But his defence is sus and he wanted fullback money which he is not
Same with Val Holmes
he is and should be a star winger
Addo Carr ditto
BMoz etc
A bit harsh on Addo Carr- while the Bulldogs have bought Dufty, it's only for one year and my guess is that Barrett will discover, as we did, that he's not a modern full-back. Addo Carr on the other hand has developed under the Melbourne system and become smart, vocal and confident, physically stronger and more aggressive than Dufty, safe under the high ball and now reliable in defence. IMO he will end up being the Bulldogs FB.

BLM01

First Grade
A bit harsh on Addo Carr- while the Bulldogs have bought Dufty, it's only for one year and my guess is that Barrett will discover, as we did, that he's not a modern full-back. Addo Carr on the other hand has developed under the Melbourne system and become smart, vocal and confident, physically stronger and more aggressive than Dufty, safe under the high ball and now reliable in defence. IMO he will end up being the Bulldogs FB.
That is what I said about Addo Carr
He developed under Bellamy but not straight away
I was responding to someone bagging Ramsey for not being there yet in his first year at first grade
But I will standby Josh is a fantastic winger but he will not make it as a fullback

Rob Dragon 1

Juniors
What do you do when your allegedly busting a gut to get a run..you ask what areas you need to improve and get told " Work Harder ! "

Have heard this same comment for more than 1 ex player....the mind boggles.
To be fair to that moron McGregor what else would you expect from him? He couldn't coach a piece of bread into the toaster so how could we expect him to assist Jacob Host reach his potential? All he had was "work harder". That was the limit of his expertise. Again it was not McGregor's decision to:

i. Appoint himself in the first place
ii. Extend his contract
iii. Extend his contract again

It is galling to watch players like Host, Garrick, Saab, Milne, Herbert start to do well now that they are playing under "proper/credentialed" coaches. What could of been!

But again lets point the finger at the real culprits you have presided over all of the devastating decisions made over the last decade (Gordon, Young, Doust etc). They are still safely ensconced on the BOD, far removed from any consequences whatsoever, still pulling directors fees, still wearing their blazers and ties and in their own minds, doing a sterling job. Unemployable the lot of them!

Until and unless the BOD is cleared out nothing much changes. A re-arranging of the deck chairs to placate some dissent but not much more. As I have said before Mr Gordon, Mr Young and Mr Doust are not suddenly going to turn up to work today and "become competent". They're collectively useless.

Maddragon99

Juniors
To be fair to that moron McGregor what else would you expect from him? He couldn't coach a piece of bread into the toaster so how could we expect him to assist Jacob Host reach his potential? All he had was "work harder". That was the limit of his expertise. Again it was not McGregor's decision to:

ii. Extend his contract

It is galling to watch players like Host, Garrick, Saab, Milne, Herbert start to do well now that they are playing under "proper/credentialed" coaches. What could of been!

But again lets point the finger at the real culprits you have presided over all of the devastating decisions made over the last decade (Gordon, Young, Doust etc). They are still safely ensconced on the BOD, far removed from any consequences whatsoever, still pulling directors fees, still wearing their blazers and ties and in their own minds, doing a sterling job. Unemployable the lot of them!

Until and unless the BOD is cleared out nothing much changes. A re-arranging of the deck chairs to placate some dissent but not much more. As I have said before Mr Gordon, Mr Young and Mr Doust are not suddenly going to turn up to work today and "become competent". They're collectively useless.
I think the appointments of Hook & Webb are a step in the right direction both are in their first year so I’ll take some time. To be fair the club did act decisively sacking a very good player. Recruitment for next year is taking shape with Molo & Su’a plus letting Norman & Dufty go.

I think we’ll be very competitive in 2022 & I haven’t given up on finals this year either.

getsmarty

Immortal

ii. Extend his contract

Correct, although Board has now made better decisions and things are moving in the right direction....

j0nesy

Bench
Ill put my hand up. I did not rate him highly as had errors in him and whilst had effort lacked impact with the ball and he was never going to go in front of Sims and Friz on the edge, but also no doubt coaching had a hand in that
It was rumoured Hook wanted him to stay but too late
However, he will never be anything special just a worker within in a well coached JD / Bennett talented side ATM, but the improvement is noticeable, so good on him and good on the coaches he now has.
The old FOX / MMM alliance are still trotting out Mary for opinions on Dragon matters. When will that end. "hey I am a career coach and just reminding everyone I am available for a gig" 🙏
I rated him too, but I remember (last year in particular) that he had few games in a row where he made a series of very simple errors. Still, a good player and one I would have held onto.

Latest posts