What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons statement: Player breach

Outlaw Pete

Juniors
Rules are rules. But I can’t see the difference between a training run and having a party with the members of the same players training .
In my neighbourhood people do seem to be in self regulated lockdown. The same can’t be said of the Bondi area given newspaper photos.

However Vaughan is a goose. Thought Lomax had more sense but he is young.

FlameThrower

Bench
If this Tedesco and it was all unravelling at the Rooster’s some high profile QC would have issued writs and be suing everyone for deformation re such heinous and callous allegations against their players and club.

They would claim that Teddy had copped such a severe head knock during the game against St GI he had now suffered an even worse delayed reaction including memory and vision loss, disorientation and vertigo.

He evidently had no idea of what he did for a living ,where he lived, let alone the bubble and he didn’t recognise anyone

The defence would then claim that his distressed wife rang another player and soon after 12 of them turned up to help care for him by doing the cooking, cleaning, washing, gardening, etc.

Upon hearing this the NRL would award them and the Roosters the newly created “Covid 19 Good Citizen Award” and would then further suspend Pereira for life.

The QC would of course be pro Bono.

FlameThrower

Bench
So if the entire Dragons team got together at WIN stadium on Saturday night for a training session along with coaching staff, physio's etc that would be ok?
But because a group of them got together at Vaughn's place, SOMEHOW the NRL competition is hanging on a knife-edge!!!
Mate, what don’t you understand about the NRL bubble rules and lockdown protocols. Stop trying to compare apples with oranges. These idiots have stuffed up big time. Player fines, stand downs and Club likely to cop a hit as well. They’ve shown no commonsense and likely derailed a shaky season as it is. Media, sponsors and partner broadcasters will be all be placing massive pressure on NRL to come down hard on this.

Warnecke

Juniors
Agree
Mate, what don’t you understand about the NRL bubble rules and lockdown protocols. Stop trying to compare apples with oranges. These idiots have stuffed up big time. Player fines, stand downs and Club likely to cop a hit as well. They’ve shown no commonsense and likely derailed a shaky season as it is. Media, sponsors and partner broadcasters will be all be placing massive pressure on NRL to come down hard on this.
Agree! These obvious dicks have had people make excuses for them all their life! They knew what the were doing but are so arrogant, they think normal rules don't apply to them!

Willow

Assistant Moderator
This parasite will keep digging until he reaches China. I can just see him now knocking on everyone’s door trying to implicate anyone.
Vaughan’s neighbours obviously don’t like him or follow the dragons.😳
If Jack wasn’t there & can prove it will there be an apology.
If he was there well🤔
If a bloke knocked on my door asking about my neighbours, I'll tell him to leave me alone and get a real job.

The tabloid's version of an ambulance chaser.

I think the biggest issue your team will have is in regards to this statement that the tabloid has reported:
"But neighbours said shortly after police entered a number of men and women could be seen “scampering” out a side door of the home and “running” off down the street."
Obviously the men are the players but who were the women?
If this is true, and these women arent in the players bubble, then there's your big problem. An automatic 14 day stand down.