What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons statement: Player breach

blue bags

First Grade

SYDNEY'S LOCKDOWN: WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW UNTIL JULY 9​

Those living in Greater Sydney, the Blue Mountains, Central Coast, Shellharbour and Wollongong must abide by the following:
Masks are mandatory in all indoor settings outside the home, including offices
Weddings are banned and funerals are capped at 100 people - or 1 person per 4sqm - with masks required indoors
There is no curfew but a stay at home order applies, with only four reasons to leave your home
*The four reasons you can leave your home:
  • Shopping for food or other essential goods and services
  • Medical care or compassionate needs (including to get a COVID-19 vaccine)
  • Exercise outdoors in groups of 10 or fewer
  • Essential work, or education, where you cannot work or study from home
The rest of NSW (including regional areas) is subject to the following restrictions:
  • No more than five visitors (including children) allowed in homes
  • Masks are compulsory in all indoor non-residential settings
  • The four-square-metre rule is back for indoor and outdoor settings and drinking while standing at indoor venues is not allowed
  • Dancing will not be allowed at indoor hospitality venues or nightclubs, but dancing is allowed at weddings for the wedding party (no more than 20 people)
  • Dance and gym classes are limited to 20 people per class and masks must be worn
When does the lockdown end?
  • Stay at home orders apply to Greater Sydney including the Blue Mountains, Central Coast, Wollongong and Shellharbour until 11.59pm on Friday, 9 July 2021

blue bags

First Grade
The filthy Buzz aye
Nothing to see Buzz just like the peptides and players at a certain club
Speaking of men behaving badly

All Dragon supporters should have a outdoor barbecue this weekend to show we are behind the club when we come out of lockdown
invite your mates over it might be a maximum of 5 allowed or say you are a exercise class and you are allowed up to 10 even now
Remember 1.5m
  • The four-square-metre rule is back for indoor and outdoor settings and drinking while standing at indoor venues is not allowed
  • Dancing will not be allowed at indoor hospitality venues or nightclubs, but dancing is allowed at weddings for the wedding party (no more than 20 people)
  • Dance and gym classes are limited to 20 people per class and masks must be worn
😈

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
Just a quick question if anyone knows. Did the 3 origin players not attend because they knew that if they attended they’d be breaching bio-security laws and would miss out on playing origin? If so, then the squad would have known what they were doing is wrong? Am I right in this assumption?

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I think the biggest issue your team will have is in regards to this statement that the tabloid has reported:
"But neighbours said shortly after police entered a number of men and women could be seen “scampering” out a side door of the home and “running” off down the street."
Obviously the men are the players but who were the women?
If this is true, and these women arent in the players bubble, then there's your big problem. An automatic 14 day stand down.
Well some of the women could be players. But I think it has been established that players have wives / partners who may be in that godforsaken bubble as well.

But who knows?

since77

Juniors

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I wonder if any of these media hacks have ever broken the restrictions in any way , shape or form ? Or are they as pure as the new born snow .The last thing that I want is to get the virus from some alcoholic sports journalist who has written a story in my Sunday paper .
Well yes... they generally follow the free booze trail. Not naming names, but drink driving is a popular pastime amongst today's classy 'journalist'.

SGMax

Juniors
It would be nice if the journalists would stick to their job and REPORT!
Stop pre-empting catastrophic future scenarios and punishments (including loss of points) and inflaming the situation.
Let the NRL do their investigation and come up with a fair punishment for the factual events.

Gareth67

First Grade
There is one thing that does concern me about this calamity - should the NRL decide ( in their infinite wisdom ) to move a team to another state , then I believe that the Dragons have leapfrogged everyone else and are now at the top of the list .

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
There is one thing that does concern me about this calamity - should the NRL decide ( in their infinite wisdom ) to move a team to another state , then I believe that the Dragons have leapfrogged everyone else and are now at the top of the list .
Yep…as punishment, the team should be moved to Christmas Island…the Christmas Island Dragons…it has a catchy ring to it

jeffdragon

Bench
Lately at this time of year wr are close to being out of the semis race.
And this year we are still in it and our season us over in my opinion.
Another early season exit if players are suspended.its usually on the field now irs off the field as well.